Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had surgery a week ago tomorrow. For some reason, I can't stomach any food. Last week I took a few bites here and there, but I'm just not hungry at all. I could probably go a few days without eating. I am getting some liquids down though

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm starting to worry myself. It's been 6 days and I've post 13 pounds because food doesn't sound good to me at all yet

Hi, aren't you still supposed to be on only liquids at this stage anyway?

Your tummy is still healing.

Take care :)

You need to get you protien in.. Are you drinking you shakes and Water. Try some broth with some unflavored Protein. Make sure the broth is 140 degrees F or less or the protein will get weird. You need to keep hydrated and check with your doctor. It will get better ????

I'm on puréed Protein. I just feel like every time I out food in my mouth I might get sick. I tried broth in the hospital but that wasn't going to happen with my stomach

They have meds for that. I don't remember the names but there are anti nausea meds you can use. :) Your body needs sustenance.

I'm on puréed Protein. I just feel like every time I out food in my mouth I might get sick. I tried broth in the hospital but that wasn't going to happen with my stomach

I understand. I'm suppose to start puréed diet tomorrow and nothing on the list sounds appetizing so I may remain on full liquids for another week. Not to mention all my Protein shakes and Fruit drinks are starting to taste nasty. UGH! This too shall pass.

Cream of wheat and oatmeal.... Blending down Wendy's chili.... Add some whey Protein or have almond milk or soy milk separate.... It can work.... But does get boring.... It's not for Ming though....

Hw 245; Pre-Op(RNY) 225.6; Surg Date 2/26; CW 198.4....GW 145

They have meds for that. I don't remember the names but there are anti nausea meds you can use. :) Your body needs sustenance.

Zofran, clomadine etc

I had surgery a week ago tomorrow. For some reason' date=' I can't stomach any food. Last week I took a few bites here and there, but I'm just not hungry at all. I could probably go a few days without eating. I am getting some liquids down though

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm starting to worry myself. It's been 6 days and I've post 13 pounds because food doesn't sound good to me at all yet[/quote']

I was the Same way and still struggling (Surg was2/26)..... But my doc just wanted me to at least keep hydrated. Whatever I could do because not doing equals dehydration and possible organ failure or parts of body going into shock..... Be careful and try to push thru. I know it's hard

I had surgery a week ago tomorrow. For some reason, I can't stomach any food. Last week I took a few bites here and there, but I'm just not hungry at all. I could probably go a few days without eating. I am getting some liquids down though

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm starting to worry myself. It's been 6 days and I've post 13 pounds because food doesn't sound good to me at all yet

Just keep getting the liquids in and the food will come. I am 18 days post op and have lost 27 pounds. Food hasn't been that good for me until recently. I just am having a hard time with Protein.

Cream of wheat and oatmeal.... Blending down Wendy's chili.... Add some whey Protein or have almond milk or soy milk separate.... It can work.... But does get boring.... It's not for Ming though....

The chili idea sounds actually pretty good! I'm going to try that one tonight. Thanks!!

I had surgery a week ago tomorrow. For some reason' date=' I can't stomach any food. Last week I took a few bites here and there, but I'm just not hungry at all. I could probably go a few days without eating. I am getting some liquids down though

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm starting to worry myself. It's been 6 days and I've post 13 pounds because food doesn't sound good to me at all yet[/quote']

I'm in the same boat as you one week post op is tomorrow and I have lost 16lbs. Drinking Water when it stays down but feel weak and dizzy when I move a lot.