Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for April 15-16-17 people

We are all doing good hows cherry

I'm here reading along. Very drugged up due to my anesthesia issues. Ill be discharged tomorrow. Will update from laptop.

I'm here reading along. Very drugged up due to my anesthesia issues. Ill be discharged tomorrow. Will update from laptop.

Im going home tomarrow to good luck

I think we're all recovering. I'm on my cell so it's a pain to write , plus I'm seeing double from my meds.

Will update from laptop tomorrow.

I think we're all recovering. I'm on my cell so it's a pain to write ' date=' plus I'm seeing double from my meds.

Will update from laptop tomorrow.[/quote']

I get the whole seeing double I got to close one eye

Okay y'all. TMI time. Has everyone ready had a bowel movement? I have been fine with passing gas but still no BM and I just took some Milk of Mag hoping that works soon. Anyone else having this issue?

My surgery was weds. Right before surgery I had to poop (still result of the magnesium citrate). I'm only 48 hrs out so nope. I'm on liquid diet still do I imagine I won't need to for an entire week. For me, 1 wk is nothing to worry about.

Yayyy just took out my IV ! Going home in 4 hours. I don't was to jinx myself but I'd swear my Dr didn't do the RNY!! I have the 5 holes tho. But this feels exactly the same as pre-surgery. Today I'm off some of the meds so I'm sore. Feels like I did 200 sit ups (which I have in life so I can say its the exact same feeling) or it feels like 25 encyclopedias are stacked on me.

I have bad bruising near my hips in my fatty role which the nurses say is from the heperin & lovonox. I also still have the awful pain in my shoulders . Otherwise this feels too good to be true.

Yayyy just took out my IV ! Going home in 4 hours. I don't was to jinx myself but I'd swear my Dr didn't do the RNY!! I have the 5 holes tho. But this feels exactly the same as pre-surgery. Today I'm off some of the meds so I'm sore. Feels like I did 200 sit ups (which I have in life so I can say its the exact same feeling) or it feels like 25 encyclopedias are stacked on me.

I have bad bruising near my hips in my fatty role which the nurses say is from the heperin & lovonox. I also still have the awful pain in my shoulders . Otherwise this feels too good to be true.

Same here

surgery was Weds. Dr wanted to release me noon the next day!! He said I was doing awesome and that I had am amazingly healthy liver. I did decide to stay another day though "just in case". I was released at noon today..... the friend who picked me up had no idea I had RNY. As I have said before; only my husband and my Drs knew about this. And I will keep it that way....

So today is about 3rd day out. I still SWEAR this Dr didn't do anything to my stomach!!! I feel amazing. I was walking all over the hospital, and when I came home I dropped of my friend and drove myself home (2 miles down rural road and I had no narcotics in me).

I do not plan to drive for the next few days - I have no where to go anyway.

I am alone and I am fine as I knew I would be.

So here are my issues:

The pain in my one shoulder is insane (probably in both shoulders but my left shoulder is numb and has nerve damage). The PAs & nurses all told me this is the gasses still in me. I had to get some chewable Gas-x, which although I've taken 5 already today, I am not passing gas....

I have cramps in my left side lower abdomin which I know is either gas or a PMS-ing overy.

I do have 2 large bruises in similar areas on each hip/fatty roll.

Tonight feel great being home, especially peeing in my own toilet. I have bruises on the back of my thighs from sitting on their bowl trying to pee - at one point, they did a sono on me and said if I couldn't purge 1000mls of urine, I would have to get a cathater. UM NOOOO so I sat on toilet until I fell asleep.

This moring all the pee came out :) And I am so glad to be in my own bath room.

I did gain 5 lbs since the morning of surgery (IV & gasses probably).

As for my stomach - well they said 1 oz every 15 mins. My Dr also said to sip sip sip all day - but in the hospital I ate 1 italian ice (4 oz) and 3 oz of broth - so that was 7 oz at one sitting. I had no pain nor problems, and the doc even has me swallowing pills whole!!

I have pin pricks and bruising all over - I can't ever get an IV plugged into me ONCE - it usually takes 4 times. And anytime the vampires came to do my blood, that was another 2-3 tries uggg

Overall, I am freaking bugging out about how good I feel for not even 3 days!!!

Tomorrow begins my Quest to get protien in me. I do NOT know how I will do that.... I am drinking the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury broth and I have stuff to make amazing protien hot chocolate..... but the stuff goes cold because I am only supposed to drink 1oz every 15 mins!!!

So where to you ladies stand regarding protien and liquid diet??!

Congrats eveyone. We're all on the other side!!!

Anyone else feel crappy today? I was alive and kicking yesterday, but today has been rough. Couldn't get fluids, Soups or Jello in today. Totally sucks :-(

Sorry you're not feeling well. Today is actually the best I've felt yet. It's day 8 for me. First day I got in all my liquid and Protein. :) it gets better!!

Aww I am glad you are doing well. I had a good day yesterday, so that probably makes it worse too. Day 8 was good for me, day 9 was rough, hopefully day 10 is awesome.

Are you still taking your pain meds? Mine made me feel aweful. Once I have them up I felt like a million bucks