Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

Post op 4 weeks and down 27 lbs. SO EXCITED

Post op 4 weeks and down 27 lbs. SO EXCITED

Wow, what a difference. Looking great! Congrats!

So with all the trouble I've had in my first 6 weeks post-op (I've had really bad trouble with constantly throwing up) they originally put me omeprazole and said that should help with not throwing up and it started to work but then it stopped and the throwing up got worse, I was throwing everything up (except liquids) so I called the doctors again and they believe I actually have an Ulcer caused by the throwing up and that is why they think I'm now throwing everything up. So they are increasing the omeprazole and also putting me on some other med that suppose to coat the pouch to prevent foods from irritating the Ulcer and therefore causing me to throw up..... Let's hope this works or I'm going to go insane if I can't eat anything or if I have to go back to liquids yet again..... Please, Please let this work, I can't tell you how many times I regret my choice to have the surgery but I try to convince myself that it will all be worth it when I look at the scale or look in the mirror and see how much weight I've lost already (75 lbs total, and 45 lbs since the actual surgery).

Ok only thing about traveling that sucks is trying to judge three ounces of meat. I had no prob with the shrimp, but the chopped pork i think i ate too much because it was allot of discomfort. Never felt that so far since i weigh everything. So I guess i better get a grip in it because i won't be home until late Sunday and then turn around and do it all over again next Friday.

Looking good Krystal

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

Hello All' date=' I'm Melissa and my surgery date was 04-08-13, my highest weight was 266 and the day of surgery I was 253, today I am 219! It's been a struggle but I'm getting by!! It's so good to find a group of people who understand what I'm going through![/quote']

Welcome Melissa!! You're going to find great people on this blog and there great input! Personally I couldn't do all this without them! :)

Surgery date 4/18/13 @ 7:30 am SW 316 CW 287 GW 150

You look great Krystal!!!

Surgery date 4/18/13 @ 7:30 am SW 316 CW 287 GW 150

Thank you

I feel terrible. Im exhausted, muscle cramps, exhaustion, vomited 6 times in the last 48 hours. Medicine wont stay down, nothing stays down.

Im so sorry. I just started getting sick...Im 4 weeks out. It seems to be the voodoo time, so I'm back on liquids for two days. I really hope you feel better soon. If you can't keep liquids down get yurself some zofran or other nausea med. Call you doc.

Im so sorry. I just started getting sick...Im 4 weeks out. It seems to be the voodoo time' date=' so I'm back on liquids for two days. I really hope you feel better soon. If you can't keep liquids down get yurself some zofran or other nausea med. Call you doc.[/quote']

I called the doc he said sip sip see him tuesday. I am 4 weeks out may have a stricture. He said its normal.

Thanks deaddemamma. My husband said i told you not to do it. :(

It seems like I hear that everyone starts getting sick about 4 weeks out...maybe I'm rushing my food too much. I really didn't feel sick from eating...actually woke up nauseous two days ago and it hasn't gone away. I'll do liquids 'til it passes.

It seems like I hear that everyone starts getting sick about 4 weeks out...maybe I'm rushing my food too much. I really didn't feel sick from eating...actually woke up nauseous two days ago and it hasn't gone away. I'll do liquids 'til it passes.

Hmmm must be becauae

Hmmm must be because same thing happened to me i was sooo nauseas for 3 days straight woke up sick went.to bed sick no matter what i ate or drank i felt sick ...it happened 2 times right around 4 weeks out....once for 2 days and once for 3 days i had to take zofran before i could even get up out of bed

That is weird thats when I got sick I had a scope yesterday and feel better