Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

I have a ? Ok so for the past week or so at night I have a sore throat kinda feels like a limp in my throat and I cough and eventually it goes away well today I started feeling like it was happening when I eat...I also wake up with phlegm (tmi sorry) if I cough I can get it to go away for a bit. ...I don't feel like my food is stuck or making me sick but could it be my pouch ? A stricture? Or just something with my throat like a cold ? I don't want to call my dr cause he'll make me come in for any complaint lol

Sinus allergy issues? Salt Water gargle maybe see if it helps?

My real name is krystal perez im 28 soon to be 29 on july 1st I have 7 kids had them all before I turned 21 my oldest is a freshman in high school she is 14 and my youngest are twins they will be 7 I consider myself as a single mom I have unfortunately been married since I was 16 im working as a c.n.a and when I was 9 I watched my parents get shot I was holding my moms hand I was covered in blood I took off running to call 911 then I came back and wrapped them up in towels to both lived but my dad passed away when I was17 I have also lived on my own since I was 15 this is part of my life

Wow!! You're a tough cookie! Want u on my side during a crisis!!!

Wow!! You're a tough cookie! Want u on my side during a crisis!!!

Sure I can.My life was pretty screwed up it would take me days to tell you about it

Ok about me....

Alaina Is my name..mama to a 9yr old boy..married to a active duty Air Force member. Live in FL for the last 4years have nearly reached my 3rd anniversary with my husband who is a wonderful dad to my son thankfully as my ex isn't. I grew up in MS in a very rural farm area. Poverty in childhood has made me strong! I am a LPN and getting geared back up for school soon. I have 2 stepchildren ( out of state)I love but not quiet always relate to. My son had a autism spectrum disorder who keeps me on my toes. I have 2boxers...Hero and Hollie..my really most faithful companions as my husband and son do leave me at times etc but my dogs are my one constant and the ones that have never left me. As I getting older I like more domestic things...quilting in funky fabrics, gardening and growing food, making my own butter and other items...love making goat milk soap. I struggle with low self esteem and desperately want to get over my sleep apnea. My heart yearns to have at least another child but I've had 3 miscarriages the last being in 2010 and never conceived again. I have found thru a tragedy with my mom and sister we have a clotting disorder which is why I've had miscarriages. My sister has brain damage from age 22 after having a quarter sized blood clot hit her brain after bc pills. I'm happy to even have a sister still.

Sometimes I'm so goofy and totally random. I'm the comedian of my group usually. I try to be positive and laugh even when I'm not feeling so positive. I love helping people and being creative. I love college sports...mainly sec foot ball and NCAA basketball. I've been described as a cross between southern belle and country girl. I love chocolate! I love comedy and scary movies that freak me out. ......well that's some about me in a nutshell

Ok about me....

Alaina Is my name..mama to a 9yr old boy..married to a active duty Air Force member. Live in FL for the last 4years have nearly reached my 3rd anniversary with my husband who is a wonderful dad to my son thankfully as my ex isn't. I grew up in MS in a very rural farm area. Poverty in childhood has made me strong! I am a LPN and getting geared back up for school soon. I have 2 stepchildren ( out of state)I love but not quiet always relate to. My son had a autism spectrum disorder who keeps me on my toes. I have 2boxers...Hero and Hollie..my really most faithful companions as my husband and son do leave me at times etc but my dogs are my one constant and the ones that have never left me. As I getting older I like more domestic things...quilting in funky fabrics' date=' gardening and growing food, making my own butter and other items...love making goat milk soap. I struggle with low self esteem and desperately want to get over my sleep apnea. My heart yearns to have at least another child but I've had 3 miscarriages the last being in 2010 and never conceived again. I have found thru a tragedy with my mom and sister we have a clotting disorder which is why I've had miscarriages. My sister has brain damage from age 22 after having a quarter sized blood clot hit her brain after bc pills. I'm happy to even have a sister still.

Sometimes I'm so goofy and totally random. I'm the comedian of my group usually. I try to be positive and laugh even when I'm not feeling so positive. I love helping people and being creative. I love college sports...mainly sec foot ball and NCAA basketball. I've been described as a cross between southern belle and country girl. I love chocolate! I love comedy and scary movies that freak me out. ......well that's some about me in a nutshell[/quote']

I'm 32 will be 33on July 30th...forgot that part!!!

Sinus allergy issues? Salt Water gargle maybe see if it helps?

I haven't had any in the past but am gonna try the salt water ty...its more like a lump in ny throat than a sore throat it goes away then comes back

I haven't had any in the past but am gonna try the salt Water ty...its more like a lump in ny throat than a sore throat it goes away then comes back

Hmm yeah maybe just some lymph nodes. Idk maybe the salt water will help..hope so. I keep allergy issues so some mornings I wake up gargling glass and swallowing golf balls

Hmm yeah maybe just some lymph nodes. Idk maybe the salt Water will help..hope so. I keep allergy issues so some mornings I wake up gargling glass and swallowing golf balls

Ok thanks I'm clueless when it comes to anything medical lol just was worried and scared to eat cause I don't know what a stricture is or feels like

Ok thanks I'm clueless when it comes to anything medical lol just was worried and scared to eat cause I don't know what a stricture is or feels like

Yeah it's more scar tissue that forms u would probably feel a lot more constricted upon swallowing. My dr said that's why the diet phases were so strict to not irritate the surgical connections to keep it more supple preventing that scarring.

Ok about me....

Alaina Is my name..mama to a 9yr old boy..married to a active duty Air Force member. Live in FL for the last 4years have nearly reached my 3rd anniversary with my husband who is a wonderful dad to my son thankfully as my ex isn't. I grew up in MS in a very rural farm area. Poverty in childhood has made me strong! I am a LPN and getting geared back up for school soon. I have 2 stepchildren ( out of state)I love but not quiet always relate to. My son had a autism spectrum disorder who keeps me on my toes. I have 2boxers...Hero and Hollie..my really most faithful companions as my husband and son do leave me at times etc but my dogs are my one constant and the ones that have never left me. As I getting older I like more domestic things...quilting in funky fabrics' date=' gardening and growing food, making my own butter and other items...love making goat milk soap. I struggle with low self esteem and desperately want to get over my sleep apnea. My heart yearns to have at least another child but I've had 3 miscarriages the last being in 2010 and never conceived again. I have found thru a tragedy with my mom and sister we have a clotting disorder which is why I've had miscarriages. My sister has brain damage from age 22 after having a quarter sized blood clot hit her brain after bc pills. I'm happy to even have a sister still.

Sometimes I'm so goofy and totally random. I'm the comedian of my group usually. I try to be positive and laugh even when I'm not feeling so positive. I love helping people and being creative. I love college sports...mainly sec foot ball and NCAA basketball. I've been described as a cross between southern belle and country girl. I love chocolate! I love comedy and scary movies that freak me out. ......well that's some about me in a nutshell[/quote']

Wow you been thru alot to you seem like a great women

Wow you been thru alot to you seem like a great women

Thanks! I've turned out pretty well I think sometimes :) Im the dark Water than runs deep. So u were on the lower spectrum of bmi when u had surgery? I was below 40 at 37 something but with the comorbidities it went straight through with approval after finally submitted. Did they give u the goal weight of 120? I remember u mentioning that number once since we started out about same height and weight.

Yeah it's more scar tissue that forms u would probably feel a lot more constricted upon swallowing. My dr said that's why the diet phases were so strict to not irritate the surgical connections to keep it more supple preventing that scarring.

Yeah I'm fine as far as food going in and I feel like if ut wasn't going down it would have to come back up right?

Yeah I'm fine as far as food going in and I feel like if ut wasn't going down it would have to come back up right?

Yep and prob painfully so. So that's a good thing!!! So u gonna join our get to know u session me & Krystal have started up? Lol

Yep and prob painfully so. So that's a good thing!!! So u gonna join our get to know u session me & Krystal have started up? Lol

Sure :) my name is Amanda I'm 32 gonna be 33 on Wednesday. ..I've been married almost 3 yrs (july 31st) and we have a 28 month old daughter she was a surprise we found out about 2 weeks before our wedding lol ..... I have been overweight since about 11 :( my lowest as an adult was 220lbs about 5 yrs ago after having the lapband done then in 2009 my dad passed away from complications from diabetes ...I was always daddys little girl and have taken it pretty bad and gained about 30lbs when he passed away yhe rest came back while pregnant.....I own an income tax business and work from jan-april (hence why I had my surgery april 16th lol) I didn't want to wait any longer than I had to....When its not tax season I'm a stay at home mom :)

Krystal...you are an incredibly strong woman!