Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In so much pain. Think i made a mistake

I can't take it. It's horrible.

How long ago did you have surgery

Yesterday

Are you still in the hospital

I'm sorry to hear you are in so much pain. I'm assuming that you are still in the hospital? Ask for pain meds and make sure they stay on top of that. I felt the same way and now 4 months later I feel awesome. I would do it over again in a heart beat. Just remember the pain will eventually go away and so will the weight.

Yes

Have you talk to a nurse or a doctor the day after surgery is the worst

I personally haven't had surgery yet, but from what I have read each day gets better. Best thing I can suggest is try to go back to sleep and sleep it off or ask for some pain killers

I am so nervous about getting the gastic sleeve done' date=' Is this a good thing to do or the wrong thing?[/quote']

I don't know much about the sleeve but I do know this won't be easy. My best advice is to make sure you know a much as you can about what's being done, get any questions you have answered and start now getting used to doing what is recommended. It will be much easier if you've already started preparing yourself. You're having a major surgery. It's going to hurt and will not be easy but I believe it's totally worth it. I haven't had much complications besides being constipated and I get dehydrated easily. Many others have it worse off and that's why you have to decide if this surgery will be worth it to you. If you are willing to do what you have to do to become a healthier person, then I would recommend it. That's just my advice.

I had very little pain management. The Roxicet, morphine, lortab, and dilaudid did very little for me except knock me out, but they kept trying different things. What helped TREMENDOUSLY was an abdominal binder, which I didn't get until was already a week post op. I would get on Amazon now and get yourself one. I had a deep incision and sutures on the left side and 4 weeks out, it still hurts if I don't have that binder on. I wear it all the time, even to sleep. If I forget to put it on after my shower, I totally feel it within 5 or 10 minutes. But as soon as I got that binder, pain was gone almost instantly. The brand I got is Gabrialla.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

ask for the pain meds. I wanted to take morphine home... lol. It does get better... but verbalize what hurts and that you need something. There is no shame in that.

I thought the first day wasn't so bad because of the morphine drop, the 2nd day I left the hospital and by the 3rd day I tried to stop the meds is when the pain hit me like bricks. That shi$ hurt so bad!!! I could not turn to wipe my own ass- I knew I was in for trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

My pain wasn't bad at all!! Everyone is different.. Everyone's surgery is different. I did keep up on the pain meds for the first day, I slept a lot. The second day I didn't want to take to many meds, and what happened was I wasn't taking deep enough breaths because I was in pain, so my oxygen levels were going to low. So I took more pain meds and it helped. I started taking 1/2 the dose because the full dose was knocking me out!! It's been 5 days since surgery and have not taken pain meds for 2 days. I truly don't need them... Has been an awesome experience :)

I thought the first day wasn't so bad because of the morphine drop' date=' the 2nd day I left the hospital and by the 3rd day I tried to stop the meds is when the pain hit me like bricks. That shi hurt so bad!!! I could not turn to wipe my own ass- I knew I was in for trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk[/quote']

Sorry to hear I was on the same boat as you, I can tell you it will get better. I know if you're like me you want it better yesterday....hang in there