Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It finally happened. I cried. I keep telling myself no regrets...no regrets....but dang it sometimes a girl just wants to be able to eat fried chicken and fart. Ughh...sorry about that visual. I suppose this horrendous left sided belly pain will be around a few more days. Any advice getting through "hell week"? I think the lortab elixir is making me cranky and stabby. I'm so annoyed with myself, I can't even imagine how my poor family feels.

Hi I had my surgery on March 4th and I know exactly what you are going through. I sat and made a list of the reasons I had the surgery. I think it's normal to have buyers remorse. I'm not having any problems and I was thinking I almost wish I was feeling sick so that I wouldn't want to eat. We need to find other things to do now that we can't eat. Good luck! We can really give each other support.

Awwe...thanks for the words of encouragement. I think just knowing I'm not alone and others are going through the same type of emotions helps immensely. I decided to sit out on the patio and play ball with my pooches. It seems to be helping.

First you are not a weenie! GBS is a big surgery and it hurts. I was in the hospital for three nights. I was very nauseated from the Fentanyl pain med I was giving and once i was switched to liquid hydrocodone I did much better. I cried the day I went home when they pulled out my God forsaken JP drains. So you are not alone.

I had some head hunger but was not hungry just thought about food mostly because I was limited to yogurt, Soup that was strained, Jello and pudding. Just drink as much as you can and get that Protein in. I lived on my pain elexir for the first week sleeping a lot because to be honest you don't sleep much in hospital. I also was unable to sleep in a bed so I had to sleep in a recliner which was a downer. I am a side sleeper and it hurt way to much to lay in the bed. Your left side is going to hurt. Once i got my stitches out on day 13 things went much better. My diet was upgraded to soft food, I could sleep in a bed, still sore but those darn stitches were no longer tugging at my skin. I still used hydrocodone at night and as needed. So hang in there it will get better.

I am now 7 weeks post op and I feel great. I was upgraded to regular food last week and have lost 37 pounds. So, it does get better. I no longer have any pain at all. You are on the mend each day will get better :)

My nurse told me it was good to cry it lets a lot of emotions out and makes you fell better I was in 6 days went home 2 night and back 6 more days in ICU home a week then back 4 more days so I had a reason to cry and I've been stuck at home cause I can't drive till hopefully next wed when I see my cardiac dr but my surgery went fine no nausea no trouble with food not to much pain only if I bend over just trouble with my heart and some Fluid and blood in my tummy if it wasn't so cold I told my grandsons we could get my power chair and go to the park it's only about 3 blocks I'm not allowed to walk that far yet maybe the week end it's spost to warm up So as I tell the kids suck it up your going to be fine I don't like the liquid Loritab makes me have weird dreams and only want to sleep so I just take Tylenol at night when I go to bed You can handle this and it will all be worth it in about 6-12 months you'll be a sexy Hoyt mama like the rest of us

Thank you guys for sharing your experiences. It really helps. So far I've been very fortunate and had nothing major going on. I hope things will be looking up for you now. I'm very impatient unfortunately. I know this doesn't all happen overnight, but how awesome would it be if it did? Ha! I'll be looking forward to reading about your progress. Thanks again for being so positive and encouraging.

No weenies her my dear! One good fart and one good poop is cause for celebration! This to shall pass we have all been there...

weight.png

9 months out - my family and I laugh at all the crazy things I did during hell month! Several - severe crying spells; there was that time I wanted to throw something and a soft and light pillow took a brutal talking to followed by a toss--- and I think my mother taped me laughing at something and breaking out into tears at the same time because laughing hurt my side and caused really bad pain.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

9 months out - my family and I laugh at all the crazy things I did during hell month! Several - severe crying spells; there was that time I wanted to throw something and a soft and light pillow took a brutal talking to followed by a toss--- and I think my mother taped me laughing at something and breaking out into tears at the same time because laughing hurt my side and caused really bad pain.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

It so glad to know I'm not the only one that's felt insane. I think 10 days of Clear liquids is starting to mentally challenge me. I'm shocked that the body can go so long with almost zero calories.