Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My worst fear has come true.....my band has slipped

My band has slipped. :cry I cannot believe this is happening. I have had my band since October of 2003. I have done very well with it. I have lost 106 with the band making a total of 155 all together.

I have had a Tummy Tuck, breast lift and face lift within the last year. I was feeling so good about myself and then BAM! I am soooo upset!

My 3 choices were to 1} Have it removed (would most likely gain weight

back)

2} Have it converted into a RNY (not gonna

happen!)

3} Have it repaired ...... this is what I am choosing

to do.

My doctor is going to try and get my insurance to pay since I also have a hiatal hernia. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I have come so far and I NEVER want to go back to the weight I was before.

If health is permitted and you can have it replaced that is exactly what I would do. Especially if your doctor says it is okay. Good luck to you.

I pray for you . You be ok .

Congrts on the weigh loss its always inspiring to hear that . Can you advice us new people what you do to accomplish such a great turnaround ? :clap2:

clau

You obviously have great determination to have accomplished what you have so far. I hope for you that they can repair it as you want. If it has to wait awhile, I have faith in your ability to follow lessons learned, and that you will have the ability to control your weight until you are healed enough to have it replaced. Believe in yourself---you CAN handle this!!!

Kat

This should not be your worst fear...a slip is quite fixable. Not that you should be happy about it, but you'll be fine in the long run!

Dr. C

Cincinnati, Ohio

www.TheBandDoctor.com 877.442.BAND

DISCLAIMER: I am not your surgeon, any comments made by me are not meant to be taken as medical advice, just general guidelines. Contact your surgeon about your specific problem!

My band has slipped. :cry I cannot believe this is happening. I have had my band since October of 2003. I have done very well with it. I have lost 106 with the band making a total of 155 all together.

I have had a Tummy Tuck, breast lift and face lift within the last year. I was feeling so good about myself and then BAM! I am soooo upset!

My 3 choices were to 1} Have it removed (would most likely gain weight

back)

2} Have it converted into a RNY (not gonna

happen!)

3} Have it repaired ...... this is what I am choosing

to do.

My doctor is going to try and get my insurance to pay since I also have a hiatal hernia. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I have come so far and I NEVER want to go back to the weight I was before.

I was going to say the exact same thing, that its fixable so dont panic about it. But I know that your health system can be extraordinarily difficult over there, here if its slipped, if it cant be fixed by an unfill you get a new one, no questions asked, no arguments, no qualifying, no cost to you.

Good luck, and hang in there, you havent achieved what you've achieved entirely due to the band you know! Dig deep and keep that dedication strong.

Can I ask what your symptoms were? I have been banded since 2004. I was unfilled for about a year due to illness and now I am having trouble getting restriction back. On my last fill the floroscope showed restriction but I don't have that old restriction feeling. Going back again Thursday this week.

Thank you all for the kind words. I have resigned myself to the fact that it has happened and it has to be fixed. Life goes on.

As far as my symptoms: Things getting stuck all the time; severe pain with eating (no matter how small the bite and how long I chew); constant reflux; constant heartburn from the reflux; totally uncomfortable all the time. If you can't get restriction I would think it is something besides slippage that is causing it. Just my opinion.

Anyway, thanks again for all the well-wishes!

Lainie

Clau: I don't understand your question about the "turnaround". Please clarify.

Dr C: The reason it was my greatest fear is because I have to pay for it if my insurance won't. I am just a respiratory therapist.........don't have extra money laying around, by any means. I am also trying to pay for my wedding that is supposed to be at the end of April. So, keep your fingers crossed for me that insurance will pay!

Lainie

Lainie good luck to you. I hope you can get it fixed and that the insurance will pay. If not, then a savings program for a new lapband after the wedding may be in order. I know you can keep the weight off until you can afford to get it replaced. You have come so far. Your in our thoughts.

iam so sorry that happen but i hear that you going to get fix . can you please let me know how much that will cost my slighly move but i still can eat as much . i had my june 6 ,06 and i have lost all the weight i getting ready for Tummy Tuck this weekend .thank you for time

Clau: I lost the weight by following the band rules and eating sensibly. I walk a lot, also.

yayadod: I have no idea how much it will cost. Hopefully insurance will pay for it.