Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Post-Op's

Anyone else feel nauseous every time they eat or drink? I had a scope done a few weeks ago because of it (thought it was a stricture) and found out its an ulcer. I'm on protonix and carafate 4x a day' date=' and I feel like for every 1 or 2 days of feeling good, I feel crappy for 3. Even Water makes me nauseous.[/quote']

Sorry to hear....I've been on protonix since day after post OP for 3 months

To phen off any GERD and ulcers.

I Hope you start to feel better...

Today I wore the same outfit to church as I did last Easter. The minute my Mom saw me she said' date=' I can't believe how much different you look. (In a really good way...lol) I don't see it as much, but I could feel how much different the skirt fit. Some of my favorite clothes that just didn't fit well, are fitting better. That makes me feel really hopeful.

Just thought I would share because I know many of you understand.

HW 344, DOS 320, Surgery Date 2/20/13, CW 291.1 Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk[/quote']

Congrats it builds confidence....Funny thing I see myself everyday and don't notice as much change as my family does,.but it feels good anyway...whoo who

I had surgery on Feb 1' date=' starting weight 241 and am now at 211. I am happy with my 30lbs gone forever! This weekend I had someone say to me "you should have lost at least double that by now". I brushed it off at the time, but then felt so discouraged. I felt like awful! I know that I am getting in at least 60g of Protein a day, and walking at least 10,000 steps a day with strength training as well. I woke up this morning and realized after reading the forums here that everyone loses at a different pace. I don't have lots of extra skin (right now) and have lost many inches so I think I am going to just feel good about the 30 lbs and not worry about what others think.

Thanks for letting me vent![/quote']

You're doing awesome when you start out at a in the mid 200's your gonna lose slower. That's what I was told. I have lost 28 and my surgery was Feb 20. And I was 270 that day. Don't be discouraged the person doesn't know what the deal is. Hugs

I love reading about everyone's weight loss journey. It gives me hope! I had surgery on feb 26th , and in the first two weeks I lost 40 pounds. I know that is a huge number, but ever since then I have not lost any more. I know that some people have stalls, but it seems like mine is going on forever. I can tell I'm losing inches because my clothes are getting bigger and bigger. What is going on with me. I am doing everything that I am supposed to be doing. Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them. Should I call my surgeon? I need advice, I am do confused .

Surgery date 2/26/13

I've read a lot of people stall out at week 2 or 3. It's just your body getting used to your major procedure! I am 6 weeks out and have lost about 4 pounds a week. No stalls (yet), but no big drop like you had! Just be patient, follow your doctors instructions, drink lots of Water and get your Protein in! You're doing great!

I've lost like a pound or pound and a half in 3 weeks. Put on a shirt that was snug 3 weeks ago and it swallowed me....my coworkers swear my boobs are enormous now???? Perhaps my fat is just all rearranging to better places???

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 225

post-22442-13813811799586_thumb.jpg

12 grams of Protein, 70 calories, mix with BOILING water....someone please tell me you've tried this and it really isn't a horrible nasty protein after taste?!?!?!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 225

12 grams of protein' date=' 70 calories, mix with BOILING water....someone please tell me you've tried this and it really isn't a horrible nasty Protein after taste?!?!?!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 225[/quote']

I haven't had that one, but I order hot chocolate from bariatric pantry. It is 15 grams of protein, don't mix it with Water over 140 or it will curdle and I drink it every day!

HW 344, DOS 320, Surgery Date 2/20/13, CW 291.1 Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

I haven't had that one' date=' but I order hot chocolate from bariatric pantry. It is 15 grams of Protein, don't mix it with Water over 140 or it will curdle and I drink it every day!

HW 344, DOS 320, Surgery Date 2/20/13, CW 291.1 Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk[/quote']

That's why I'm intrigued with this one!!!! I like my hot cocoa and coffee HOT....140 doesn't cut it for me...I'll sip a little but end up dumping most of it....so wanna try!!!!

I love reading about everyone's weight loss journey. It gives me hope! I had surgery on feb 26th ' date=' and in the first two weeks I lost 40 pounds. I know that is a huge number, but ever since then I have not lost any more. I know that some people have stalls, but it seems like mine is going on forever. I can tell I'm losing inches because my clothes are getting bigger and bigger. What is going on with me. I am doing everything that I am supposed to be doing. Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them. Should I call my surgeon? I need advice, I am do confused .

Surgery date 2/26/13[/quote']

That was me I dumped 27 pounds first two weeks then nothing for 2 weeks then it started again.. My hubby was suprised so was i. No worries it happens to most of us. I think depending on how much you need to lose. I carried my weight all over not all on one area so most people that knew me didn't know why I did bypass. My bands were a disaster and I still had an extremely high bmi with impending diabetes.

Slow is better anyway...The first six months is when you see the most weight loss...keep positive

That's why I'm intrigued with this one!!!! I like my hot cocoa and coffee HOT....140 doesn't cut it for me...I'll sip a little but end up dumping most of it....so wanna try!!!!

HW 312' date=' pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 225[/quote']

Ah...then I can't help you...lol. Let me know if it turns out :)

HW 344, DOS 320, Surgery Date 2/20/13, CW 291.1 Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

So decided to try Eggface's famous bites' date=' had leftover ham so did the ham and cheese bites....kicked my butt and came back to haunt me! So, no more eggs for a couple weeks!!!! I can't believe it's been almost 2 months since surgery. CRAZY!!!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 225[/quote']

I have not been able to tolerate eggs at all.

Today I wore the same outfit to church as I did last Easter. The minute my Mom saw me she said' date=' I can't believe how much different you look. (In a really good way...lol) I don't see it as much, but I could feel how much different the skirt fit. Some of my favorite clothes that just didn't fit well, are fitting better. That makes me feel really hopeful.

Just thought I would share because I know many of you understand.

Thanks for sharing.. I wore a pair of jeans today that I haven't worn in a year ( and they were new a year ago) it felt good to not wear yoga pants! I'm so looking forward to when I get to the point of needing to shop got some new clothes!

I love reading about everyone's weight loss journey. It gives me hope! I had surgery on feb 26th ' date=' and in the first two weeks I lost 40 pounds. I know that is a huge number, but ever since then I have not lost any more. I know that some people have stalls, but it seems like mine is going on forever. I can tell I'm losing inches because my clothes are getting bigger and bigger. What is going on with me. I am doing everything that I am supposed to be doing. Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them. Should I call my surgeon? I need advice, I am do confused .

Surgery date 2/26/13[/quote']

Yeah we're surgery sisters! I'm 2/26 and have lost 34 so far .. I seem to have stalls that last 5 days then I loose like 3-4. It gets frustrating especially this Sunday I walked 3.5 miles in 25 mph winds and ate 65 gm of protein... Weight loss zero. I'm bored with my diet right now. I see my dietician Wed and will move to soft foods which will give me a few more options. I'm going to try and increase the Protein to 85-100 gms for a few days and see what happens

Good luck Girly!

I have been trying to get 80g Protein everyday for about a week, that along with 1hr walk, jog, sprint workouts is paying off. I lost 15 my first post op and 3 weeks later only 4 lbs ;(!! But so far from my appt Last Friday I am down 6 lbs!!!! Thanks to all you guys for your support and encouragement!!! I just needed a swift kick in my behind. This weight loss is not as easy as I originally thought, I have to work hard for every pound lost!

Surgery 2/14-217 , CW 197 GW 140