Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Bon Jour Violets~

Terry...OMG, I love the necklace. I wear that kind of jewlery all the time, I just love what you made. Do you sell it on Ebay (Janie asked first)?

Denise~ Loved the baby's heartbeat. That is amazing. I am awed by the tech available today.

Judy~ How much cottage cheese do you eat? How long does it "last" you? I have about 4-5 bites in the morning, as I am making my shake that I take to work. Then I have the shake about 9ish and that will carry me until lunch at 11:30. Anyway, I was just wondering.

About the music. Every morning as I getting ready for work, I listen to VH1 or MTV. I turn it on in the den and the bedroom (on surround sound in den) and so the whole house is a rockin. That video for Finger 11 is amazing, you can watch it on MTV.com. Anyway, between that and my students, I am kept in the loop. Susanne likes R&B, and I like rock and country and R&B and pop...so anything goes for me. My ipod playlists are so ecelctic, Garth to Prince to KC and the Sunshine band (love Boogey Shoes) to Nora Jones (in my former life I was a famous singer, now in this life, I only sing in the car...but man am I good). Anyway, I love music...I think I would die w/o it.

Here's a fun question that everyone can add too: If you were on a deserted island...what 5 CD's would you HAVE TO HAVE with you? You can make it 10 if you must. I'll start.

1. Bob Marley- Legend

2. Robert Cray- Strong Persuader

3. Led Zepplin- Physical Graffitti (sp)

4. Garth- The Hits

5. Black Crows- Amorica

I could go on and on.

Have a great day! Happy almost Turkey day!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Morning gals

I am in a horrible funk. gained a few this week, hate holidays, can't be with the people I want to be with. Last night decided to go to a neighbors for dinner tomorrow, so i'm going to the store, have to make a chocolate desert and don't know what to make

terry - I use to make sausage stuffing

get a bag of seasoned breadcrumbs/stuffing mix and follow those directions

saute onion & celery in the butter (if that is not on the directions)

cook tube Breakfast sausage so you can crumble it up.

mix it all together and it is really good

Pamela

I am the same way with music, listen to everything except classical. right now in my major funk Nora Jones is what is in my car. I have about 30 songs downloaded of hers and my sister got me her newest cd a couple of months ago.

I love Fergie too, Garth and Nickleback... and when I'm in a great mood, I love BuckCherry - Crazy Bitch, puddle of mud, and the list goes on and on, depending on the day

i'm going back to my pitty party I'm having for myself

ttfn

I have 5 CD's I can listen to every single song. So if I were on a deserted island without an Ipod hehe..I'd take Third Eye Blind-Out of the Vein, Third Eye Blind-Blue, Incubus- Morning View, GooGoo Dolls-Dizzy Up the Girl, Stroke 9 (Self titled).

4.5 is your RING size? I don't even know what that looks like!! My mom who is not overweight wears a size 7, I base all my successes in ring size against her wedding ring lol. I have size 11 engagement ring, size 10 wedding ring. If not for the wedding ring guard, I'd have lost the engagement ring a while ago. They're both spinning on my hand, and at night I put them on my right hand so they don't fall off under the sheets.

I'm still waiting for my feet to shrink :) I went shoe shopping last week with my mom and was disappointed to find out, I still can't wear normal 11's.

For those of you who signed up for moola.com, did you figure it out? I think it's a little confusing at first, but if you just click 'go play' on the top after logging in, you just play games and wager the $$ you have. If you lose it all (which I have many times) they start you back out with a penny everytime. If you win 30 games in a row you'd win 10m haha.

Laura.... make that a size 4.25! yes, I have always had very long, slender fingers. They get a lot of exercise playing the flute, I guess! Unfortunatley, my fingers don't go with the rest of my body!!! And my other fingers are not as slender as my left hand ring finger. My right hand ring finger is a size 6. My pointer finger is a size 7.. go figger!!

I did go to the moola site and tried it. Lost one and won one in hi-lo. We'll have to see if I go back. It's frustrating losing to someone when you can watch them beat you... arghhhhhhh!!

As for CD's I'd take with me... I'd rather take my flute please.. That way I can play anything I want and my tastes are rather strange. I'm not into all the new stuff. Give me a good country song by Tim McGraw or Trace Atkins, anything by Celine Deon, and ANYTHING by Clay Aiken. I prefer soundtracks too. Hairspray, Dream Girls... I LOVE Doo Wop. Ok, ok... I know. Strange.

Pamela.. I have 1/2 cup cottage cheese and 1/4 cup blueberries with a couple of T of splenda brown sugar blend. Takes me a half hour to eat and lasts me til lunch time. Course I'm sipping on my slushy Raspberry lemonade Crystal Light at the moment. That will get me through til lunch at noon or 1.

My traditional stuffing..

onions and celery sauteed in butter. Add lots of poultry seasoning, plus salt and pepper. Add raisins near the end and cook til plump. Add to packaged seasoned stuffing croutons. Add the stock from the turkey innards that have been boiled. I also add a little bit of chicken Soup base for flavoring. I make it very, very moist so it doesn't dry out in the turkey. This was my mom's favorite. She'd eat this and nothing else if she had a choice!!

No, I've never sold any of my jewelry. I'm just now getting good enough to the point where I could (in good conscience) sell something. The wire in that piece came in a spool...so it is essentially 'straight' and I bend and mold it into submission! I don't even feel confident enough to make jewelry for friends 'cause they might not like what I like...and if I spend $30-50 making something, they better damn sure like it!! LOL I'll post the things I make from time to time and if you want one like it, I can certainly make another! Or if you want something similar, but in a different wire (like sterling or gold filled) and/or with different color stones I can certainly do that too. Like you could say, "oh, I love that necklace...but I prefer browns and greens".....then that's easy! I'd do the same necklace but with aged brass, aged copper or gold wire and choose some earthy color stones (jade, citrine, carnelian, sponge coral, etc.) Interestingly, there is a trend now to go to completely oxidized silver metal....which means it is totally black or almost total. It's cool, but seems kind of odd to spend all that money for silver then turning it black! LOL Here's an example of what I mean (from my favorite handmade website Etsy :: Your place to buy and sell all things handmade ): Etsy :: The Weight of Water Earrings

Hope everyone is ready for the holidays! I’m sitting here bopping along to Christmas music already. I love Christmas music! Let’s see, my taste in music is also eclectic. I would take with me:

• Garth Brooks – Greatest Hits
  • Reba McIntire – Greatest Hits
  • Dixie Chicks – Fly
  • Rocio Durcal (Spanish singer) – Greatest Hits
  • Mana (Spanish Rock Band) – Greatest Hits

Never realized that I would have three country music CD’s in my top 5! Too funny, but those are my all time favorites. I’m such a music dork. My top 5 is not too eclectic but overall my ipod has everything from classical to r&b to tejano music. The only thing I don’t care for is rap.

The stuffing that we make at our house is not your traditional bread stuffing. Ours contains no bread. It contains:

Finely chopped pork

Finely chopped beef

Raisins

Apples

Plantains

Carrots

Sliced almonds

Jalapenos

Onions

Olives

Cinammon

Brown Sugar

Drop of vinegar

It is absolutely delicious!

Good Morning girls--a late start for me, but it was a late night. I was awake until 3 this morning, so just climbed out of bed an hour ago!

Terry, your necklace is gorgeous!!! I may be calling you about a custom made something, once I see how I need to measure to hide my scar. You cracked me up, yep, I had a list a mile long of things to accomplish today. I also had the same admonishons from my DH. He knows me so well, he knew I would do some of it anyway. I got up this morning, and my kitchen is spotless, the DW emptied, and stacked at hand (from deep in the depths of the pantry) were all the bowls and roasters I use! He even thought to layout 2 packages of butter to soften! He moved a barstool to the counter for me!! I have the hardest time sitting to do things like chopping though! Then he calls and asks me please to wait on some of it and let him help he likes being in the kitchen together....makes me feel like hell for planning to rush through it just to get it behind me! So going to do some things slowly today, he is supposed to get off early, and together we will finish things up.

My DD is having problems still with Lindzie. She is rebelling against being kept in the house unless an adult is outside (Due to the neighbor). She does kid things, but when dozens and dozens of kid things add together, it has my DD on the edge of crazy she said. The latest was taking Kinseys new baby doll and when Manda walked in the room, unknown to Lindzie, she had the doll by the feet teasing the dogs nose with the dolls hair, until the dog latched on and shook. Totally destroyed the dolls head---she had been at it for some time. They let Kinsey "go shopping" through her dolls for a replacement, but that just made her even madder. To be quite honest with you guys here, I am tired of it, I cannot imagine how she is coping, I would have hit the road. I do know the thought is simmering, she mentioned things to our son, she is concerned he says because the guys work together. Oh well I cannot solve it worrying about it now.

Denise, the heartbeat is precious! You have something special to be thankful for this year don't you!?

Jenn---enjoy your dinner with your friends. So much can be done with chocolate. Of course not much that fits in with CTCD---but.....still!!!

TracyK---loved the little old man story. Think how many people must be thinking that for one little stranger to actually SAY it! Congrats girlie!

Pamela---I am the same way with music--I have no idea how I would choose only 5 or even 10. Think I could take my Ipod? It would take up less space and I could have thousands and thousands of songs for us on our island!!?? I know I would have to have some John (Cougar) Mellancamp....And some Dixie Chicks....and Foreigner, maybe some Fleetwood Mac, I still like the first Maroon 5, possibly some Sheryl Crow, Oh some Skynrd. Too many to think about. But yeah, I'd have some Nora Jones in there too.

Back not long after her first album come out, I stumbled across her singing on some show---to be honest it seems like it was a kids show, maybe Sesame Street? I called for Rick to come see her, he really likes her music too. He said he didn't want to see her! I laughed at him, and thought WTH? He tells me that girls voice is sexy personified, I want her to look like I want her to look in my head!! I have teased him ever since, making her out to be some beast!! He has of course seen her since, but it is still fun!

Last count our external hard drive where he stores the music had over 16,000 songs on it! So it is pretty easy to change up music often! But I like some songs on an album and not so much others. So I do a lot of mix & match music!

Rick infuriates me with his "who is this?" game he plays when we have a shuffle going on on the bike, where I can't see. I am NOOOOOOO good at that unless it is one of MY favorites. He can do a name that tune thing with anyone---not me!

Well I am off to chop some veggies. Maybe mix the dressing/stuffing so the flavors can mix for awhile. Nothing too strenuous I promise!!

Oh Jane I am jealous--I need a road trip!!!

BBL~~~~

Kat

Time for me to burn a Christmas CD to my computer. I soooo love Christmas, yaaaay!

To The Violets that are traveling for the Holidays. Please have a very safe trip and enjoy the family and friends you will be spending time with. Happy Thanksgiving to You and can't wait till you get home.

:hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:

To the violets that are staying here, I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving and a very enjoyful day.

:hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:

To everyone. I am so Thankful that you have entered my life. I wake everyday knowing that I am not alone and that there are people thinking of me and encourageing me in my journey. You are truly a blessing to me and I am a better person for it.

So, a Very Very Happy Thanksgiving to You.

P.S. Go stuff yourselves (not). :)

I don't know the CD titles, but here are some of my favs...

Tim McGraw (that good lookin' sucker)

Faith Hill (the good lookin' suckers wife)

Chris Daughtery

Nickelback

Creed

Carrie Underwood

Lionel Richie

Aerosmith

and please don't laugh at this one, but I love Michael Jacksons old music, Bad, Thriller, Off the Wall...

Oh, and Barbara Streisand.

As you can tell, I like it all. Even classical...

I am so happy for the 4 day weekend! Everyone have a great & blessed holiday!

Oh, footnote....I will be a PIG tomorrow. I am gonna graze like a cow all day long. I have not done that since April and I probably won't do it again until next year. I am going to eat until I am physically sick....just thought I would confess now!!

Hi from NJ, Vi's!~~

We arrived safe & sound, but not 'til about 1am! & I drove the whole way! Phew! Slept in 'til 10a tho... ahhhhhhh.

Spent a couple hours in the kitchen doing my part. I made 3 loaves of pumpkin bread, a pumpkin roll w/cream cheese filling, and monkey bread for Breakfast & watching the parade tomorrow. Tomorrow I just need to make the sweet potato casserole w/coconut & nuts on top... mmm.

Other than that, pretty much just lazed around, which is why I like coming here! Oh, I played my son's "Guitar Hero" game for the first time... too funny!!

Enjoy your evenings, Vi's!

Hey TracyK----OINK!!! Will be joining you in the eat fest!!

I forgot all about Daughtry---as he plays in the background here. Yep when we shipwreck on that deserted island we need more than 5 CD's apiece!!! But hey I will enjoy listening to all of yours!!!

Thanks Suzanne---that is so sweet, makes me feel bad that we did not think to invite you to join us sooner----you have been a great addition to our family, we are so glad to have you!

HAPPY TURKEY DAY TO ALL MY FAVORITE TURKEYS!!!

LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Kat

Evening, Violets..

I just got in from the hot tub. I decided to go in early tonight cause my Weather Bug on the computer is chirping. We are under a snow advisory for tonight. We're supposed to get 3-6 inches of snow by morning. Thank goodness my kids that are traveling have arrived and tomorrow I only need to go 30 miles to get to where they are. I'm leaving early to help Kris with the cooking. I have my squash made and will make corn pudding in the crock pot when I get there.

Suzie..glad you finally hopped in here. Otherwise I wouldn't have my Birthday twin!!

Everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving. TracyK.. I'm betting you won't be able to graze all day, but if you do, then do it with gusto!! I'm going to try everything, but just a spoonful of it. Wouldn't be fun to PB on Thanksgiving in front of everyone.

Michelle.. glad you arrived safe and sound. Sounds like you were about to OD on baking!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL............ GOBBLE, GOBBLE.. (That's a turkey sound, not my advise to you all!!!)

PATIENCE, TRUST, PURPLE POWER AND WWJD??!!!

I am up late trying to wait and see if I will be offered the WII for $79.00 off the Amazon customer vote thing a ma jig thang I did..... (WAY past my bed time!)

I am hoping to NOT pb tomorrow! :) No turkey for me... deviled eggs and a bunch of other goblets of goodness my SIL is busy preparing right now!