Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Tracyks- glad you had a good night, you are a strong person and Cody needs strong...

Good Morning, Violets..

I'm up and waiting for Ethan. Just finished my white chocolate strawberry yogurt. Love that stuff. Now I'm good to go until lunch time. It's 36 degrees out and it's also St. Antler's Day... first day of deer hunting. I heard guns going off when I was taking Jetta (the garage dog) outside. Yesterday I got the downstairs bathroom all cleaned out.. drawers and all. Today my goal is to do the same for the kitchen. Just like one pound at a time, it's one room at a time around here!!

TracyinKS... you're going to be in Onederland before you know it. Hope Cody has a great day at school today and a fun time on the campout.

Everyone remember it's CTCDay today!!!

Where the heck are Terry and Amanda???? Come on girls.. we miss you when you don't post!!

Patience, Trust and WWJD??!!

Kat---- I read your posted and started to cry and get the chills. Last year when I had my lap-band surgery, they woke me up before they pulled the tube out. I paniced because I thought I was choking. It was the worst experience I have ever encontoured. All I can say to you is try try try very hard not to panic. Just find someway to keep breathing with out think you are choking form no air. Maybe you can keep thinking about all the prayers that are being sent to you and that will keep your mind busy.

Believe that all of us are there holding your hand and whispering good thoughts into your ear. Because you know if we all could we would be there. Keep good thoughts and keep us posted on your progress.

Hugs to you and everyone have a great day. :clap2:

Jenn~Today is the wake? Stay strong honey. We will send some purple power your way.

TracyKS~ WooHoo...20something...amazing! :):Banane20:;):Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20: you keep running towards goal (you and lots others) and I am crawling.

Is anyone else having trouble w/ periods since banding? I THOUGHT I got mine on Tuesday (it was 7 days late). But what I had was an illusion. I am pissed and getting frustrated. I told my doctor and he said "weight loss effects cycles". Well, sure, but 31 pounds (yes I am claiming 249) in 7 months is not rapid loss. Since the band, I'll have a day or 2 of spotting between periods, but then I got one. I just feel sooo shitty and bloated. I am sure I'll drop a couple more once I start (and finish). Anyway, is anyone noticing any difference since being banded? This is a serious question. Am I broken??

Well, it is CTC day, and pot luck day! And it is spirit week, so we are supposed to dress up like hippys! This should be interesting!

Have a great day!

xoxoxoxoox

Thanks Suzie--I am having a very difficult time over knowing about that--yet feel I needed the time to prepare myself. The anesthesiologist said usually they seriously drug you, but the issue of mine is that I must be alert and able to help them...and they have warned me none of it will be pleasant, from the taste of the numbing spray, to the tube itself. He said the less I fight it, and the second it is in place, they will knock me out. But yeah--I am scared spitless of it.

As of now, my plan is to have my DD-Manda-drop in tomorrow and let you all know how it went. I know I will not be out of the hospital until Saturday evening at the earliest he said, and likely Sunday morning. The hospital has WiFi, but not sure what I will feel like, but will do my best to either have her post, or give her one of you girls phone #'s and let her call. Then maybe you could pass on the info. Will know later today what time surgery will be.

Told Rick I look like I have a bigger Adams Apple than he does....people are going to be getting the wrong idea! It is actually bigger, it encompasses the entire throat, not just a bump, like an adams apple.

Well I am going to be bad----I am not participating in todays CTCD....sorry! I will make up for it during my liquid mushie food week. Not sure how I intend on not behaving--------but.....it WILL involve chewing! LOL

TracyK---I have a heck of a time, not working knowing what day it is! And I use my debit card all the time, so when it comes to writing a check I always have to ask the day. And besides you can think of me and pray for me everyday---heaven knows I need it!!! I know all you girls will be there with me, and that helps!

Judy, got your Ethan yet? Kinsey is here, snoozing on the sofa. She gets here so early so her Mama can get to work, that she most days takes a little cat nap, then wakes up HUNGRY! She is such a Mama's girl...she hugged her today, and says "Mommy you so pretty" then when Manda left, Kinsey thought she needed one more hug, you should have seen the panic, but Mama heard us holler, and come back for an extra squeeze!

Tracy--that is great Cody is going to get going right away in the scout group. Maybe he can find friends this time around, and it will make some familiar faces at school. Was he happy with his remodeled room?

Jenn-hang in there, funerals are never easy. Sorry you have to do this.

Speaking of funerals, Terry, how are things at work? Are they keeping you chained to your desk? Or are you off playing with all the beads you found?

Pamela---I bet your kids cannot concentrate today with the smell of the sloppy joes cooking--that is torture! My DD come home during I think it was like 4th grade, and during the last recess of the day, one of the teachers always popped a bag of popcorn, so when they come in, they could smell it. She come home ravenous everyday, and often wanted popcorn. She said she never remembered what the book she was reading was about, she could not concentrate!!! I can see me doing that, I am a popcorn person--but she isn't anymore!

Laura, I emailed you a question about the Secret Santa---did you get it? I ask because msn, has some sort of glitch between my DIL and I, I cannot receive anything from her! She gets mine, tries replying, and nothing. She is not blocked, I just don't get them! Was just wondering.

Well I want to hit the shower while the girlie is asleep--I'll be back later!

Kat

Good Thursday Morn, Vi's~~

Cold, windy & rainy here today. Wish I didn't have to go out, but I do. Such is life.

scale is still stuck. I was so mad at it this morning. I thought I was alone, but as you mom's know, you're never really alone, so anyway, I thought I was alone & when I saw the number I sort of whined/yelled at it, "No, No, No you stupid thing! That cannot be right! What is wrong with you?" stuff like that... and then I hear dd in my room asking, "Mommy? Are you ok?" Whoopsie! I try so hard to not ingrain my bad food/body image crap on her... it's not easy.

In my logical mind (yes, I have one in there somewhere) I think that my body is just catching up, holding on, giving it one last gasp at keeping itself the only way it knows itself -- fat. I think that if I can resist getting discouraged and can keep eating properly & exercising, then EVENTUALLY I will begin losing again. I just think this 1/2 way point is a biggie to get through, but once I do... watch out! There's no way I think that this is it, the best I can do. So I'll just try to keep all that in the front of my mind as I wait it out. This is definitely a major, defining moment, as in the past if I'd have "dieted" to this point, this is where I would've caved/given in. Not this time. Not only can't I, I won't! So there!

Jen, my thoughts are with you today.

Kat, my thoughts are with you tomorrow.

Purple power, ladies! Truly, think of us when you need that extra zap of strength. I used it on my band day and I swear it worked!!

Make it a great one, Vi's! :)

Michelle, maybe if you call your doctor today they will have an opening! I did say Thursday...

Pamela, my periods are very strange since being banded. I used to be fairly regular, but now I am not, I figured it was just the surgery part that screwed it up and it will balance itself out, I am also kind of worried that if I say something they might say 'early menopause', and I don't want to deal with that!!

Well today we all must be good.

Jane

Kat- I just responded :)

Pamela- Yes, my TOM are all out of whack right now.

Just got to work, was mom's b'day so I got the first set of my cookie bouquet for her to see how it goes. It's purple and green stars & a circle that says happy birthday. She seems to like it! We had bad storms last night and her power went out, so she came to my house. She ate some of the Cookies that fell apart (I had them sitting on the counter), and liked those.. so I'm sure she'll like the decorated ones lol.

Time to start workin and drinkin my water!

Have a good day ya'll!

scale is still stuck. I was so mad at it this morning. I thought I was alone, but as you mom's know, you're never really alone, so anyway, I thought I was alone & when I saw the number I sort of whined/yelled at it, "No, No, No you stupid thing! That cannot be right! What is wrong with you?" stuff like that... and then I hear dd in my room asking, "Mommy? Are you ok?" Whoopsie! I try so hard to not ingrain my bad food/body image crap on her... it's not easy.

ROFL!!! Oh, Michelle ...this reminds me of a FUNNY greeting card I saw once. It had 2 little girls in the bathroom. One is standing on the scale and saying to the other one, "Look!! I'm standing on Mommy's crying machine!"

I'm stressed to the max, girlz. Sorry for not posting but I just freaking don't have the time! I spend all my time catching up on posts! LOL So I AM reading!

(((KAT)))) You are so very brave. I know you can do this if anyone can. I"ll be thinking about you all day today. XOXOXO

Got mom in the hospital (again) yesterday, then brought work home last night. My eating is pretty horrible and soothing myself with ice cream. Ok, here's what I ate on the run yesterday:

B: oatmeal

L: cheddar cheese & french bread (at my sister's. It was either that or fried chicken -- PB city)

S: Ritz cheese bits

D: leftover pizza (which I promptly PB'd); 1/2 c. italian lentil Soup, 1c ice cream.

Doesn't that just make you ill to LOOK at that?? I hope I can get some REAL food in today.

Comfort food is just that, Terri, comforting... be gentle with yourself during this stressful time... it's ok... I bet that altho you're eating "off" plan, you're not eating as much, am I right?? (I like to be right.) ((cyberhugs))

(((Thanks Michelle))))

Hi chickies! Kat I hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow. You're in my thoughts, hugs...

I've had the hardest time with CTCD today. It just feels like whenver I know I'm not SUPPOSED to eat something, that's the day I crave it the most. Most days I just go about my day not really thinking of food. Just at lunch or dinner mostly. But today and Tuesday all I could think about was the Cookies in the break room, the candy in my co-workers desk, LOL. I have serious issues. Oh and Househuntress, I sometimes have port pain too. So weird. It usually happens when I eat "too" much. It's almost as if the food is pushing up against the band and therefore displacing the liquid that's in the band and then pushing the liquid towards the port opening. Those are just my crazy musings of course, could be nothing like that. But yes, I thought I was the only one.

Good afternoon, Violets..

Ethan is napping, the dogs are at the groomers and I have a few minutes to catch up in here.

Went to the new store opening today. I picked out a couple of sweaters, but put them back cause Ethan was getting fussy and I didn't want to wait in the longggggggggg line to check out. I'll wait until I have some time without Ethan so I can take my time and enjoy shopping.

I had a NSV today. Took my glitzy ring in to have them remove the diamonds to put in the new ring and a pendant. They wanted to know if the size was right on my old ring and I said it spun around a lot. They sized my finger and it's a 4.5!!! Same size as when I got married 38 years ago!!!!!

We've had snow showers on and off all day so I guess winter won't be too far off. I still have tons of leaves to rake in the front yard, but it's too windy and wet today. Got to have a day where we can rake AND burn.

Terry... ditto on what Michelle said. Take care of you and the weight will come off when you can focus on it more. There are more important things for you to consider right now. Just make sure you get your Protein in during the day.

Going to go relax on the couch a bit before we have to go pick up the dogs. We're going out to dinner at some friend's house tonight. Hope it's something I can eat!!

Patience, Trust and WWJD??!!

Yeah, don't beat yourself up Terri, with all that's going on a 'bad day' isn't worth getting upset about. And like she said, you probably didn't eat all that much of anything!

Today has been a super day for me. Our company is advertising a "Go Green" project out in Hollywood and it's a big hit.. we haven't even published anything yet, just from rumors I'm getting a lot of big call ins. One potential lead would be HUGE for me, I'm trying not to get too excited till I land it, but our pricing blows our major competition (who they are with) out of the Water. Please let me get this client.. :P

I have had a low-fat choco milk (170c) and a fruit leather (45c) today. Not low-carb, but low-calorie. I'm not hungry, I'm so excited right now from the people I talked to today in LA.

Been drinking lots of black coffee & water too.

Oh, on the boo side.. these local commercial jobs, remember the nightmare I had the past few weeks, it's finally in production and I just have to hear "How's it coming?" everyday, instead of changes/complaints/etc.

I decided I'm no longer doing these local commercial books where no one knows what they're doing. So when they call in asking, I say we don't do that and refer them to a partner company. BUT.. I'm being haunted. I quoted a book job back in July, and it's coming to fruition now. SIGH. Same stupid crap.. they don't know anything about graphic design, we DON'T do that for them, so it's a lot of back and forth on what they have to do for us to print it, then they keep changing the paper, then of all things they want us to cut extra paper for them.. and think we should throw it in free because they're such a prominent figure in the city. That doesn't mean a hill of Beans since our clients are not these kind of jobs.. We do these as a favor to the city. We get these requests all the time from local people.. our church blah blah can you do it free, etc.

So ends up, since the books are so expensive, CEO said we can throw in these pieces of paper for free. Now I'm a hero. They have strict deadlines, and want me to go to THEIR meeting coming up. I resent that they can't just bring their graphic artist HERE so we can meet. They are not going to make their deadline with their current schedule, and no matter how many times I say it, they want us to speed up our end of the timeline.. which isn't possible. Local people are just too much of a headache, never again will I quote books for these people.

And.. just so you guys can see the perspective-- I'm not being snobbish or rude to customers.

But here is the behind the scenes.. the time it takes to get these jobs through and deal with them, we are making SO LITTLE profit on it, and we could have handled over 50 jobs with our music/movie industry clients. So they waste a lot of our time, and it's not worth the $$ they bring in.