Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Jenn... we must have been typing at the same time. CONGRATS on the inches... woooo hoooooo, now THAT'S a NSV!!!!

Thanks Judy - 62# ago, I would have been on the scale and beating myself up. Today, ok I still do it, but not as bad. I look at it like my body is catching up to those 62# and when it does, I'll drop some more. I work hard and can acknowledge that now.

I do wish i had somewhere to wear that little black dress that looks great on me. LOL

HAVE FUN AT DISNEY _ Take pics!!!!!! give Eyore a hug for me (my favorite) LOL

Good Monday morning, Violets,

The ice cream party went great last night, even tho indoors. It was fun getting together w/everyone & catching up about their summers, etc. I was a tad worried about myself around 12 tubs of 12 different, yummy ice creams... but w/all the mingling, etc., I had only 1 small cup and even that I kept putting down & losing! The only thing is that they didn't eat all the ice cream & so I still have 11 now half-eaten tubs of ic in my freezer! Somehow, when we weren't "allowed" to eat it, it didn't bother me... but now that it's all fair game... yikes! I gave 2 tubs to one friend already, and I'm going to take 2 or 3 down to another friend today... let's see, that'll leave 6 more. Sheesh! I'd like to be able to fit some real food in the freezer again soon!

Tracy, love the pics! Yep, they definitely look like trouble!! :car:

Another cold (for summer), grey, rainy day here today... I had 3 extra kids spend the night after the party (hey, what kid doesn't want to stay all night where there's a freezer full of ic & a mom who wants it GONE? They all had a second round around 11 last night!). After they're all up & out, will have to see where the day takes me (my original plans are shot due to the weather)... I'm hoping some errands + my friend's eliptical. Oh! & we may join the Y today, long story as to why finally, but that'd be fun.

Make it a great day, everyone!

Whoops Judy, guess we were posting @ the same time!

Have a FANTASTIC time at WDW! It's one of my fav places!! Just planning a trip makes me happy! I will think of you skipping around the Magic Kingdom in your tank top & skort! :car:

Hang in there, Jen. I'm in the same place w/my body catching up. Why is it so slow? I'm right here... catch up already, dang it! lol!

WOW! Everyone is just doing so great!!! I'm so proud of all of you, and I have to admit...a little bit jealous.

Judy - I hope you catch this before you leave...I know you've been looking forward to this trip for a long time! I know ya'll will have a wonderful time...enjoy every minute and recognize all of the reasons to celebrate!

I am facing quite a challenge here in the next few weeks. And I gotta let you all know what's going on so that you can help me when I start whining!! That's your job, right? :car: Ok, so here's the story: Back in the fall of 2003 I quit smoking, started menopause and fell off the low-carb wagon. Triple Whammy DeLuxe. I went from 158-200# in about 18 months. I was pretty frantic but nothing I did helped with the weight. At some point my screwed up, desperate brain decided it would be OK to start smoking again to help control my weight....so I ruined my quit. It did help slow down my weight gain...but now, of course, I have to deal with quitting again. I've been taking Chantix (a new drug to help you quit) and it's working pretty well. Today is my first day without cigarettes and so far, so good. The REASON I mention all this stupid stuff is that I kind of expect over the next few weeks to be a tad bit cranky, maybe a little depressed, I'll probably even have MORE of a struggle losing weight, and might even gain! I'm going to try real hard to keep it under control and just DO what I need to DO, but I don't know if I have it in me without the crutch of cigarettes. We'll see. So, wish me luck on all fronts!! Ultimately I'm really hoping that with improved lung capacity I can kick up my cardio workouts...but that'll just help me 'break even' metabolically. It could be a rough ride. <sign> :help:

GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!

I walked into a pit of fire at work... so this will be quick...

JUDY: HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen: Good job on the food issue and the inches lost!

Michelle: I am SOOOOOOOOO glad I don't have all that yummy ice cream around!

Haydee: Pack, Pack, Pack........... and more packing! :car:

Terry: Did you ever think that the perscription for helping you to quit smoking is what is stalling your weight loss? I'd bet it is........ knowing this should help you mentally explain, but living with a 2 pack a day smoker I pity those in your household!!!!!!!!!!! :D (said with love)

Just know that you'll get through it, and you'll be able to get more out of your workouts after the toxins are cleansed. This is just a part of your journey to a healthier you and I for one am proud that you are taking the next step!

As for me.............. I put on the gut sucker undies and tried on my levis last night............ I can ALMOST get the button to touch the hole... I am sooooo close... but with only two weeks to go.. I'm doubting I will be able to WEAR them.. I may be able to button them but breathe???? I don't think so............... I did however see a new low today..... 227.8.

One week til my next doctor appointment and I really doubt I will be getting a fill.........

Have a great day!

Thanks, Tracy...no, it's not the medication. I've only been taking it a few days and it's not known to have weight gain/loss issues. Neither is the anti-depressant I'm taking. Prozak is the one that is notorius for weight stalls; I don't take that. It's just my slow metabolism! Thankfully I have my old LC journal still online and this is just my pattern: stall for weeks, lose a few pounds, stall for weeks, lose a few pounds...etc.

I can't believe how you are just losing like a maniac now!! You're a FILL believer now, arent you?!

YOU CAN DO THIS, TERRY! You are taking back your health & taking no prisoners! Your focus & determination that you've showed re: weight loss will also work for you in this next challenge. We are always here for you!

:Banane20:Good Morning Violets~

I went back to the gym this morning...I love leaving the gym, it is just hard going. I did 2 miles on bike, 200 crunches, 40 side crunches, back and ass!!! Then I came home to clean up dog poop and play w/ my 140 pound Rottenwieller (rotten pun intended). I am still at the same weight loss...-23 but I think once I go back to work and get into routine that will change. I can't believe it...but hey, w/o the band I would've put on 23, right?

Terri~ OK honey...I feel your pain. I didn't know you smoked. Actually, I am impressed that you do so well at the gym being a smoker. I quit officially Jan 9, 2006...but have had long periods of cheating. My biggest mistake is thinking, "i can just have one puff or one ciggy, that won't hurt." At the end of the year party, I didn't drink all day (party started at 1pm). Then my friend said, "do a shot w/ me!" So I did. 7-8 shots of Tequilla later the next sentence was, "Hey...gimme a ciggy!" 7-8 ciggy's later...I was hooked again. The next day, about 2pm I went to Walgreens to buy some Patches. The girl said, "that will be 48 dollars!" I said, (bad word alert) "fuck that...gimme a pack of ciggys." Then I went back and forth for a couple of weeks. I know it is hard...I told myself I quit for my 40th birthday, but now I know, I can NEVER EVER EVER have just one. I used the patches, but whatever works for you. Once you quit( you already did!!!!!) you can never have just one. Go buy yourself a new purse (one that doesn't smell like smoke) today, and make it an expensive one. You won't want to smoke up your new good smelling purse. KNOW THAT WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!!! And know that this is hard. But not as hard as becoming the gym nazi and losing weight. YOU CAN DO THIS. Your getting my favorite bananas for the first day of the rest of your new life...Enjoy!!!:car::Banane20::D:Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20:

TracyK, go to youtube and put in BB8...you can see lots of uncensored stuff from the feeds. Do it when you have lots of time, it is addicting!!!

Judy~ have fun

Tracy~ Congrats on your amazing loss. What the hell are you eating woman???? I get another fill on friday and can't weight (lol, just kidding, wait).

Have a great day. Going to the gyno (fun fun) then to work:faint:to get my classroom keys!

xoxoxo

Pamela & Michelle - Thanks for all the words of encouragment AND the bananas!! :car: Pamela -- you need a new avatar! Yours is too tiny and I can't see who I'm talkin' to!! Surely ya'll took a million pics this summer! Can't believe summer's almost over! The good news is that means an eventual end to this miserable hot weather. The bad news is that Christmas is coming. (Yes, I am a card-carrying hard-core Scrooge.)

Today was weigh in day and even though I didn't make the 100 pounds in a year, I am under 50 for my bmi!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!

Jane

Judy - Have a fantastic time at Disney land, and make sure you get some pics for us!! & congrats on the new jeans, they sound lovely.

TracyK - love the photos, you look like your having a great time! Its great to know that your friend lost all of that weight too.....

Terry - I'm still a smoker too, Ive cut down a lot, but listen, would you like a smoke stop buddy? Because I am desperate to give up, I tried zyban but I got a reaction to it, so I read the Alan Carr book to give up smoking on holiday, the Dave had his accident and it all went out of the window......so.....your giving up today? Or in a day or so? I'll have to go cold turkey, as the Patches now react to my skin too, as I come up in big lumps! I have 2 cigarettes in my packet left here.....they are £5.32 a packet and £6.32 in motor way service stations :car: its ridiculously expensive here....and I stink (fag breath) so......do you fancy being 'ranting partners?' lol, I tried on Saturday actually (it takes 48hrs to get the nicotine out of your system) Dave said I should start on a Friday night, I cant smoke at work anyway....what do you think?

Pam, its great to see you back again!! & your workout sounds well impressive :clap2:

Jennifur, wow 46 inches lost thats amazing !! Wooohooo!!

mdrai, pleased the ice cream party went well, gosh if I had all of that ice cream in my house I know sophie my youngest would be in my freezer like a shot eating it!

Hi everyone!

Just checkin' in! I was banded April 3rd, 2007. I've lost 37 pounds so far. It's been slower than I hoped for, but at least I'm losing. Anyone else banded on the 3rd? If so, how are you doing?

Donna