Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Yay Tracy, so happy for you & your fill! You crack me up, girl!

Tomorrow is my 1-week follow-up appointment. My tummy growls something awful now. I'm hoping that doesn't do anything to get my band out-of-whack! I need to keep this baby IN-whack, y'know what I mean???

Terry -- Your pics are FABU, darling! I can really see the difference!!

Going to the town carnival tonight... w/a BIG cup o' crystal light to shield me from all the carnival-ly temptations that are lurking there to taunt me...

I made it through the volunteer luncheon ok today, already... I was going to "pretend" to eat (get a plate, put food on it, move it around w/my fork), but decided to not play games so I just drank my drink & put up w/everyone asking wasn't I going to eat? I just said I wasn't hungry... but I WAS! Oh well, this too shall pass...

No one said I looked thinner... darn it.

Gotta dash... have a good night everyone!

Terri, you look great! Congrats!!!

I haven't felt ANY restriction since the day I had surgery. I am supposed to get my first fill this Thursday. I so hope it works so I can start losing!!

Tracy

thanks for the great story, i just went out to dinner with my kids. I ate a burger, no bun with some salsa on it, some broth from French Onion Soup, my daughter ate the broth soaked bread and cheese, she loves the taste but hates eating onions, and a 1/2 cup of lettuce from my salad. That is the most I've had to eat in forever and i THINk i'm going to pay for it, my stomach is already freaking out.

That is all the solid food I ate today, had shake for Breakfast and lunch and even went to the gym today

Gina: I hope you get restriction on Thursday!

I am sitting here on the puter while the family eats a fast food dinner.< /p>

I thought I had some Tomato Soup but I don't. I did make some SF pudding with some Carb Countdown milk. It is packed with a bunch of protien... I ate a bit and still feel like I could eat more. I need to get back into diet mode... maybe tomorrow I will try some softly scrambled eggs........

I'm hoping like Jane that I get the magic restriction. Right now I'm looking at the bandaid on my belly wondering if he missed the tube or something.

Michelle: You did so good resisting the carnival food! and the employee luncheon WAY TO GO WOMAN!!!!

Dbf hasn't heard anything about the job yet and that is stressing us both out. I mean they put us up in a hotel, paid for our gas and spent 4 hours with him... you'd THINK he'd hear SOMETHING.

OK... I'm off to the kitchen to see what I can have.

Hi violets-

You know...I have been giving that "one taco" thing some thought. I have been making quite sure every day that my calories aren't too high. That one taco is fine.

In the past at one point (12 years ago) lost from 325 to 163. I did it by eating about 800 calories a day and walking my butt off. I did it in a year and a half...but here is the problem (other than gaining alot of it back) I was secluding myself in my apartment. Never eating anywhere but the safety of my home...and what ended up happening is when I got back into the "real world" I could not cope and the weight started coming back on. This time, I know better and I have the help of my band. This time I am going to make sure I stay in touch with how life really is....sometimes people have to eat on the run, plain & simple. So now I am trying to teach myself that as long as I can stay on top of things, that one taco, or one drive thru whatever every once in a blue moon is not the end all be all of what I am trying to accomplish. Before the taco, I was falling into that same pattern as when I lost weight before and I realized I can not do that...because I can't let myself self destruct again after all is said & done. This is a learning process for all of us. I truly believe (and my Dr said) that the band was designed to make sure portions are kept appropriate. So, as long as the calories do not sky rocket and I make sure I am getting the Protein and Water I need, that is what counts (other than the scales moving:) ) OK, that is my rationalization for the taco and I am sticking to it :success1:

Denise, I applaud your self control....way to go girl!!

Terri-my goodness you sure are looking good!! That is awesome!

mdrai-good luck on yourappt. tomorrow!

TracyKS-Congrats on the fill, I hope you get the restriction you are seeking. I am at 1.5 as well and it seems to be working well for me so far.

228 today :welldoneclap:

Take care everyone...

((((hugs))))

Hi all, I am still doing great! I have lost 38 pounds since my band surgery in april!!!! I am having trouble with my ticker, I am trying to edit the pounds, and I cant get it, dont know why, no problem before, anyone else having that problem? I dont know what I might be doing wrong??

Better than the 38 pounds I am down, I have lost almost 8 sizes!!!

I just cant believe it!! I have tried some different foods, and if I eat ANYTHING with fat, flour, or sugar, I get serious diarreah, however you spell it, so I stay with just the high Protein, and some Fiber. Does this also happen to anyone else? Like, one day I tried half of a strombolli, and that was bad the next day!!!

TracyK: I agree.. the ONE taco is fine.. truly it is... (for me.... one taco would turn into ONEdozen) no exageration.. so with the band if I can eat ONE taco and be full.......... well that would be pure bliss! I watched that show on TLC called Big medicine, and it was mainly about RNY patients but still........ their battle is our battle... I could be that 600 lb guy fighting for his life...... but I'm not............ I could be the young hot thang who is having plastic surgery and showing that belly ring....... but I won't be her either........ I will be ME.. and getting there (wherever there is) the journey is ME.. and keeping it off will always be my true test......... OK.. so the show made me all introspective and deep... I also waxed my brows so ... maybe I pulled a few to many short hairs! YOWS... but 1/2 cup of SF pudding and 1 sf popsicle and I'm soon to be heading to bed..... one more day and night of liquids......... I'm DOING it!

Gotta go catch up with everyone...hope you are all doing well! Just got back from a long weekend on the Guadalupe River and it was awesome!!! Took my progress photos today... finally able to see some progress!

OMG Terri! Lookin' good!!! You can SO tell that you've lost weight! Keep up the fabulous work!!! :clap2:

I am sitting here on the puter while the family eats a fast food dinner.

I thought I had some Tomato Soup but I don't. I did make some SF pudding with some Carb Countdown milk. It is packed with a bunch of protien... I ate a bit and still feel like I could eat more. I need to get back into diet mode... maybe tomorrow I will try some softly scrambled eggs........

I'm hoping like Jane that I get the magic restriction. Right now I'm looking at the bandaid on my belly wondering if he missed the tube or something.

I had my fill today too! However my doctor insists that I continue with soft foods today and back to regular food tomorrow. I know some have to do liquids right after a fill, then mushies...my doc isn't as conservative I guess.

I had 1.2 cc placed into my 4 cc band. He said my port is perfectly placed and had no problems getting to it at all. First he numbed me with some Xylocaine, and the weird thing is, usually that stuff burns like crazy and I didn't even FEEL the needle go in, nor did I feel him injecting the medication to numb me. Then he comes at me with this huge needle, so I started to get really nervous, but again, I didn't FEEL it once. All I felt is a little pressure when he was flushing the tubing of air a few times. No pain at all - ZILCH! I'm soooo happy. I noticed that so far I have to eat a little slower, but I had refried Beans and a really moist (and small) chile rellano for dinner. It took me about 30 minutes to finish it and it was SO yummy! But I'm definitely full and satisfied...he said that it typically feels about a week or so to feel full restriction if I'm going to get much from this fill. I have another appt in 6 weeks but he said if I feel that I need another fill before then, to wait 3 weeks and come back in....we'll see! Hopefully now I'll lose some more weight! Yipeeeee!!!! :clap2:

Hi all!! I am an april 3rd bander. I had my first fill about week and a half ago!! I don't feel all that restricted but they set me up with an appt for another fill all ready this wed! Do you think that is to fast ? My doc keeps telling my it is like tuning in a radio. till it is just right. My first fill was only 1cc. I don't know how much my band holds

Hi Angies577! Welcome to the Shrinking Violets forum! The only reason that I know how much my band holds is because I'm nosey and I ask my doc 1000 questions. LOL

I guess that I will have to ask and find out how much it holds!! Or may be I shouldn't because some people are almost all filled and hardly feel any restriction!! That scares me!!! I don't know what I would do if that was me!!!!!!

Speaking of fills, after my first one I didn't have hardly any restriction. When I went in for my second fill they said there was only .5 left from the 1.5 fill they did. :omg: So, this time they used the thicker solution on me. This second fill is really doing the trick! I had my first accident today with some bread. Let's just say it went down & found it's way right back up. Whoops! :) It was painful but I didn't want to eat all day because of the episode. Yikes. But all in all this second fill is really doing the trick. I eat very small amounts and I am satisfied. I can't wait until Saturday to do my weekly weigh in. :clap2:

Wow!! Where did the fill go?

I haven't had any problems eating! I am not eating as much as I was before the band and I am losing 1 pound a week. But some days I feel like a could eat every thing in the house. I hope my second fill does it!! I didn't get my first fill it 5/25 because of work . I go june 6th for my second fill. I am glad that I don't have to wait that long!!