Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well the good news is I met with the psychologist today for my evaluation. He told me he had no concerns recommending me for surgery. Which I so great and I am relieved to have that part over. Next week I meet with the Nurse Practitioner and Dietician again, making it my third visit. Only three more to go after that.

With all that being said.... While at the store today a woman asked me "what I was hiding in there" pointing at my stomach. I can only hope for the best in that scenario and assume she thought I was pregnant but it hurt so much. Now I am a totally mess and wondering if the dr. Really should have given the ok. It doesn't help that I would love to be able to have another baby someday but that is impossible and the whole situation makes me feel horrible.

My husband doesn't understand and I feel pretty alone right now. I suppose I was hoping someone else had been here before....

Sorry that happened to u, trust me I know how u feel and u r not alone (HUGS)

Deleted post by user

I certainly wish we could refrain from using the word "retarded" on this board. There are many on here with special needs children whom we love and feel that it is inappropriate terminology to describe someone who is ignorant. With that being said KellBell... know that you are well on your way to becoming the new you and no one and nothing is going to stop you. Keep your head up and keep following the path you have chosen.

We all go thru it but it is all totally worth it. And what that person said to you was totally rude !!!! and I know how you feel, I have also been asked "when are you due" !!! It hurts but just know that there are some pretty ignorant people out there and my best advise is to just ignore them because they are not worth your time and effort. Put that energy into something worth while :) You will get 110% support from this site because we all have been there and know how you feel !!

My response to those questions IS and always has been - “when was your last bowel movement” - watch the reaction - a personal question deserves and equally personal question back.

Well the good news is I met with the psychologist today for my evaluation. He told me he had no concerns recommending me for surgery. Which I so great and I am relieved to have that part over. Next week I meet with the Nurse Practitioner and Dietician again, making it my third visit. Only three more to go after that.

With all that being said.... While at the store today a woman asked me "what I was hiding in there" pointing at my stomach. I can only hope for the best in that scenario and assume she thought I was pregnant but it hurt so much. Now I am a totally mess and wondering if the dr. Really should have given the ok. It doesn't help that I would love to be able to have another baby someday but that is impossible and the whole situation makes me feel horrible.

My husband doesn't understand and I feel pretty alone right now. I suppose I was hoping someone else had been here before....

Kellbell5, I know exactly how you feel... I get asked that question all the time. My lowest moment was one day at the drive thru at Wendy's, the young kid working the window was handing me my order and said "oh someone's eating for two....", I felt so low cause he was getting me for a two fold, apparently in his mind I must have ordered too much food for one person and the other part was I apparently looked pregnant to him.... I have never forgotten that and that one happened many years ago. Another time I was checking out at BJ's Wholesale Club and the cashier asked and such a joyful tone... when I was due, I turned to her and said in a very low and angered voice.... "I'm not"... at least she said "oh I'm sorry" but the damage was already done.... As you sort of aluded to, for several reasons not just medical, I can never have children so a statement like that hurts in more ways than just one. I sometimes wish people would think before they speak sometimes, that's all....

Thank you all so much for the support. A few days have passes since the comment and it still stings but I'm not as emotional about it. Everyone's responses were helpful and uplifting in one form or another.

I do have to agree about using the word retarded. I absolutely know that no one means harm by it but there are more people with special needs children and relatives than realize. Thank you again, so very much, for your uplifting words.