Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band to Bypass Scheduled for 1/14

I was banded just over three years ago and had lost 100 pounds the first year (still had 50 to go to get to goal). I kept it off for the second year, but the third year I had a lot of problems, ended up having all of the Fluid taken out of my band, and gained about 50 pounds.

My biggest problem ended up being reflux. I have been taking Protonix but once the reflux got to its current point, my surgeon decided it wasn't a good idea to do any additional adjustments even though I had very little restriction. He suggested that we get the band out and revise to bypass.

After jumping through all the pre-op hoops for the second time I was just scheduled for surgery on 1/14! I am excited, nervous, and a lot scared. Any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated!

I still trying to figure out how this blog thing works, may be sending the same reply 2xs. But want to be sure and connect with you. Yes I'm in Parker, Co and am having surgery at Sky Ridge Hospital . Where are you located and where are you having surgery on Mon. Please stay in touch and good luck to you too!!

I was banded just over three years ago and had lost 100 pounds the first year (still had 50 to go to get to goal). I kept it off for the second year' date=' but the third year I had a lot of problems, ended up having all of the Fluid taken out of my band, and gained about 50 pounds.

My biggest problem ended up being reflux. I have been taking Protonix but once the reflux got to its current point, my surgeon decided it wasn't a good idea to do any additional adjustments even though I had very little restriction. He suggested that we get the band out and revise to bypass.

After jumping through all the pre-op hoops for the second time I was just scheduled for surgery on 1/14! I am excited, nervous, and a lot scared. Any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated![/quote']

Good luck and keep us updated!!!! I had an urgent band removal in August after a slip and herniation of my stomach. I was supposed to convert to bypass at the time but once my surgeon got inside he discovered a ton of inflammation and damage from the band so he removed it and sent me home to heal for 6-12 months. Six months is up Feb 1, my bypass is Feb 11. SO excited and SO tired of waiting!!!!!!

Tz... We are in the same boat!! My band is coming out tomorrow and we are doing the bypass. All due to the band causing too much reflux and messing up my esophogus. Really bad. Im nervous as heck but so ready to get this over with! Good luck to you tomorrow!

I still trying to figure out how this blog thing works' date=' may be sending the same reply 2xs. But want to be sure and connect with you. Yes I'm in Parker, Co and am having surgery at Sky Ridge Hospital . Where are you located and where are you having surgery on Mon. Please stay in touch and good luck to you too!![/quote']

I think I replied to this in a diff thread, but I will be at Rose up in Denver. Good luck tomorrow!!

Good luck and keep us updated!!!! I had an urgent band removal in August after a slip and herniation of my stomach. I was supposed to convert to bypass at the time but once my surgeon got inside he discovered a ton of inflammation and damage from the band so he removed it and sent me home to heal for 6-12 months. Six months is up Feb 1' date=' my bypass is Feb 11. SO excited and SO tired of waiting!!!!!![/quote']

I hope that doesn't happen to me tomorrow! I had the upper endoscope and colonoscopy a few weeks ago so I am hopeful that if there were something bad enough to keep me for getting bypassed in one surgery they would have found it. I know it is a possibility but I am keeping my hopes up!!

Tz... We are in the same boat!! My band is coming out tomorrow and we are doing the bypass. All due to the band causing too much reflux and messing up my esophogus. Really bad. Im nervous as heck but so ready to get this over with! Good luck to you tomorrow!

Good luck to you too! I cannot wait for this band to come out and I start losing weight again. Hope all goes well for you tomorrow!

This makes me feel a little better about switching my choice from sleeve to bypass for fear of worsening my reflux!

That is the primary reason my doc said no sleeve. It is what I wanted once I knew my band was coming out but the risk for the reflux worsening is too high.

wishing you guys the very best this week. I am almost six weeks out from having band removed and bypass done, all has gone well, and just to add a little more drama to the surgery i had an ovary cyst and mass removed at the same time. So I hope you can get the band out and the bypass done same time. But if you need to heal you need to heal, but it would be a bummer.

I will be thinking of you and sending prayers your way.

I soooo wish I could have done the revision at the same time!!!! I'd be six months down the road instead of having gained 20 lbs :/ however, as arrogant as my surgeon is, he's a damn good surgeon and I trust his judgement on this. Good luck tomorrow!!! Update us when you can!!!!

Can't believe I made it to today!! My surgery is at 7:30am so checkin at the hospital is just over an hour away!!

Can't believe I made it to today!! My surgery is at 7:30am so checkin at the hospital is just over an hour away!!

Fingers crossed and prayers said. Good luck former bandit!

Good luck!