Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting to Regret.....errrrrr!

I'm starting to regret telling people about me having the surgery...when I first decided to have it I said that I would tell everyone because I don't want it to be a secret...well I should've kept it just that!

The response I've been getting have been "your not even big enough"..."all you need to do is exercise"...."you know people die from that right"....like I just want to say shut up!!

Hey, they tell you how they feel why can't you tell them how you feel? Give it to them!!! lol

Hey' date=' they tell you how they feel why can't you tell them how you feel? Give it to them!!! lol[/quote']

lol your so right! That's one thing I want to change about myself because I never speak up or speak my mind!

I get those responses a lot!! Hate it.

Yes!!!

I often respond with "if I don't get the surgery, I could die of a heart attack or something else that is related to being overweight". Usually shuts them up quickly, and it doesn't. I say I will make the decisions in my life and they can make the decisions in their life.

I often respond with "if I don't get the surgery' date=' I could die of a heart attack or something else that is related to being overweight". Usually shuts them up quickly, and it doesn't. I say I will make the decisions in my life and they can make the decisions in their life.[/quote']

Thanks!! Great way to put it!!

It's funny that you bring this up, because I have a blog that I have a few subscribers to. Some I know and some I do. I've been fighting myself for the last week because I've password protected my post about RNY. I'm scared to death that someone I know will see it and then tell everybody else. But I don't feel like i should HAVE to ashamed or anything. I'm just not sure that this early in the game I can deal or want to deal with that kind of discouragement.

If you guys would like to check it out its: plussizerunner.wordpress.com The password is just: 30

Best Wishes on everyones journeys!

It's funny that you bring this up' date=' because I have a blog that I have a few subscribers to. Some I know and some I do. I've been fighting myself for the last week because I've password protected my post about RNY. I'm scared to death that someone I know will see it and then tell everybody else. But I don't feel like i should HAVE to ashamed or anything. I'm just not sure that this early in the game I can deal or want to deal with that kind

of discouragement.

If you guys would like to check it out its: plussizerunner.wordpress.com The password is just: 30

Best Wishes on everyones journeys![/quote']

I most definitely will! I sooooo know how you feel...it's almost like I have to hide it but I really didn't want to because I'm not ashamed of getting the surgery at all but others are making me feel that's it's the wrong decision but screw them, I'm doing this for me and my health! But if you want to wait to tell others by all means do so and speaking from experience the negativity that comes along with telling ppl is so uneeded! Best of wishes and keep me posted!

I get the same thing, "You're Getting What"? "Why"? "You ain't even that big". Funny isn't it how you were fat and thick and big until the surgery comes up, then all of a sudden "You ain't even that big". I tell them "you go exercise, I'll go get fixed. We'll meet up in a few and compare your lose to mine. Oh you say you lost 15 in a high intense cycling class at 5am 4days a week; me, I lost 30 sitting still sippin Protein Shakes and shopping for my future wardrobe...... Good luck ladybug! You'll be fine and if they don't support you during a life saving, life changing procedure such as this, consider them weight loss too!!!

I get the same thing' date=' "You're Getting What"? "Why"? "You ain't even that big". Funny isn't it how you were fat and thick and big until the surgery comes up, then all of a sudden "You ain't even that big". I tell them "you go exercise, I'll go get fixed. We'll meet up in a few and compare your lose to mine. Oh you say you lost 15 in a high intense cycling class at 5am 4days a week; me, I lost 30 sitting still sippin Protein shakes and shopping for my future wardrobe...... Good luck ladybug! You'll be fine and if they don't support you during a life saving, life changing procedure such as this, consider them weight loss too!!![/quote']

Omg I so love you!!! This was the picker upper I needed and not only did you make me LOL literally but you made feel so much better how you put things in perspective and it's the truth! I know 90% of those people are a little jelly (jealous) and the other 10% actually care.

i have had people tell me how bad this surgery is and i will look sick afterwards i kept it pretty public and still do there will be haters (jealous) people out there but remember you are doing this for you not them it's all about you being healthy..I got the same response from a few people you don't look big enough to do that to your body blah blah blah so i told them all the benefits about it for me and told them i researched fully my options and it was right for me and was not looking for there approval...Now im 4 mos postop and my bloodwork came back no high blood pressure and no signs of diabetes (A1C is 5.5) and down 85 lbs and i feel great and the friend who was most against it for me says to me you look great how do you feel my reply was better then i have in 25 yrs her response was congrats im happy for you lol go figure.. So please don't second guess yourself its a tough journey but a journey well worth taking i would do it again in a heart beat

This kind of thing really scares people...ESP those who are also obese. I admit that I found it threatening and scary when a couple of people in my life were getting surgery. I thought, mistakenly, it was the 'easy' way. I was just ignorant of the process and ashamed of my own obesity. Now that I've researched and decided to get surgery, I know how difficult it is and how it is simply a tool... You still have to do all the things you would have to do to stay slim and healthy for it to work.

Proof to me was 2 of the people I know who had surgery, the one who had the band didn't lose any weight for a year b/c of bad eating habits and no exercise, and the RNY person became an alcoholic! Scary! Certainly not the easy way out people might think it is.

i have had people tell me how bad this surgery is and i will look sick afterwards i kept it pretty public and still do there will be haters (jealous) people out there but remember you are doing this for you not them it's all about you being healthy..I got the same response from a few people you don't look big enough to do that to your body blah blah blah so i told them all the benefits about it for me and told them i researched fully my options and it was right for me and was not looking for there approval...Now im 4 mos postop and my bloodwork came back no high blood pressure and no signs of diabetes (A1C is 5.5) and down 85 lbs and i feel great and the friend who was most against it for me says to me you look great how do you feel my reply was better then i have in 25 yrs her response was congrats im happy for you lol go figure.. So please don't second guess yourself its a tough journey but a journey well worth taking i would do it again in a heart beat

Thanks you for your encouraging words! Its such wonderful feeling having all this positivity because I don't much! I know that this is the best option for me and I know that's all that matters! My bestfried who is also plus size wanted the surgery too until she found out her insurance didn't cover it then afterwards she asked if I really wanted to do this, just a minute ago you did too!! lol

This kind of thing really scares people...ESP those who are also obese. I admit that I found it threatening and scary when a couple of people in my life were getting surgery. I thought' date=' mistakenly, it was the 'easy' way. I was just ignorant of the process and ashamed of my own obesity. Now that I've researched and decided to get surgery, I know how difficult it is and how it is simply a tool... You still have to do all the things you would have to do to stay slim and healthy for it to work.

Proof to me was 2 of the people I know who had surgery, the one who had the band didn't lose any weight for a year b/c of bad eating habits and no exercise, and the RNY person became an alcoholic! Scary! Certainly not the easy way out people might think it is.[/quote']

That's the part that kills me is that a lot of ppl don't realize that the surgery itself is only the easy part afterwards is when the dedication and maintenance begins...just bc you get the surgery doesn't mean your done bc you can easily gain the weight back but I do understand that some people are guinely scared.