Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

Doctor visit went well, down 42 lbs. from surgery. He was very pleased that all has been going well. Don't go back until March. Released for all excercise and activities. Wants me to get more fluids in. I'm slacking on drinking enough Water. Can't do citric acid in drinks so making my own teas with stevia, herbal and green but I always seem to have more cramping if it is too cold. Plain water doesn't set well with me, either, although it did in the beginning. Don't think about the fluids like I did immediately after surgery, but got to make that effort. Made some homemade ezekiel bread today. Because it is made more of grains and Beans it has more Protein per serving. Surprised, it settled well, had only a quarter of a slice and it's very filling. Doesn't clump together as you chew it. Finding out that many foods are revolting now because of texture issues. So many foods I use to love, can't even think about eating them now. So weird. Anyone out there feeling the same about foods?

On another note, I backed out of my evening with friends. Just couldn't do it since the evening was centered around food and drinks. They understood, thankfully. It's easier for me to be around food with people who really understand all of my quirks right now. Just not ready yet. Someday!

Ate some steamed cauliflower tonight. No issues.

PSKKJM. DOS 12/31/12

Making cauliflower Soup, pork roast, potatoes (for family) and asparagus. We'll see how it goes! So much would go to waste without family being here. LOL

Great loss Mrs Blues. I have found that there are foods I don't wish to even try. pizza was my fav before, but I honestly don't really even wNt it anymore.

I generally buy the Ezekiel bread. How easy is it to make it. Mind sharing the recipe for your bread. I found so many recipes online. My daughter loves the English muffins.

Gen :-) 12/15/12

Thanks, Gen! I used the, recipe on Allrecipes.com. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Ezekiel-Bread-I/ as this particular recipe did not call for the sprouted grains. My family prefers the "multi-grain texture." It is somewhat crumbly, but very chewy because of the multi-grains. Each recipe makes two loaves. When I make this bread I go ahead and grind the amount of grains I need, per recipe, and place in individual containers. Then I only need to add the spelt flour and liquid ingredients. This bread freezes really well and we go through both loaves a week. So once a month I grind ingredients, but I bake the two loaves weekly. Great way to get that extra Fiber. I didn't know that they made ezekiel english muffins! I make a lot of homemade products for cleaning, laundry, cooking, etc... it saves so much money. My motto is if I need to buy it, I research an alternative homemade recipe. I gave in and had a bite of homemade pizza. We use tomatoes instead of sauce, ate very little and realized I really could live without it. I can't do fruit cups, too slimy for me, same with Jello, cottage cheese, scrambled eggs, Fruits I will put in Protein Shakes or puree, I do raw vegetables better than cooked. meats don't bother me at all-- so weird, everyone is so different. Next I want to try some homemade (real) vegetable chips http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/25-baked-alternatives-to-potato-chips-and-french-f?sub=1671861_435288. So many of these look good, and easy! Thinking of you this week as you go through your surgery and recovery, Stay strong!

So today was suppose to be a day of liquids and tomorrow Clear Liquids. Today I forced down 1 Protein Shake and 16oz Water. That's it. I haven't had an urge to eat or drink anything all day. I've been cranky due to anxiety. On the verge of tears constantly. Geez it's been a really bad day. I hope I can force more water down tomorrow.

So today was suppose to be a day of liquids and tomorrow clear liquids. Today I forced down 1 Protein Shake and 16oz Water. That's it. I haven't had an urge to eat or drink anything all day. I've been cranky due to anxiety. On the verge of tears constantly. Geez it's been a really bad day. I hope I can force more water down tomorrow.

Gods hands will be guiding the surgeons hands. You will be ok Gen, we are all praying for you.

Gods hands will be guiding the surgeons hands. You will be ok Gen' date=' we are all praying for you.[/quote']

A lot of it is what I've been thru last two years (torturous hell [sry for that word]) a little of the upcoming surgery. I want everything bad to finally end and good to begin to start in my life. I really need a break from all the bad.

Think i dumped tonight:(

Had about 1/2 turkey burger patty. Maybe 2 - 2.5 oz.

I had one last week without issue, but this time i started feeling weak, dizzy, nauseated and sickish!

My blood sugar was 125 so it wasn't the problem.

Lasted about 45 min. I swear it seemed like i couln't even stand. I just wanted to lay on something couch, floor, bed of nails it didn't matter. No pain just yuck!

good old magnesium citrate... but it works!! Anyone working out with a jp drain still In? Mine is still in due to a leak, you guys are all doing fabulous with the weight loss portion I'm wondering if I'm missing the exercise portion,? and I'm having trouble with the food as well been quite the struggle ;( I am having a really hard time with food my surgery date was dec 17th and I was on iv nutrition for 3 wks post op , two weeks into it I started to do liquids than softs, than I was told to start advancing, I find one day , foods agree with me other days they do not , does not matter if I chew slowly or not , Beans had been my friend and today I hit a wall with them also with chicken Soup? anyone else have that problem? my fear is I'm going to ! train my tummy to eat the same three things over and over mostly smothies, lemon Water and crackers:

Sent from my mobile using RNYTalk

Ugh... Is it normal to put weight back on? I was 218 Tuesday last week ans I'm 219.2 This morning! Ugh.. I'm thinking about going back to basics. I'm only 4 weeks out, this shouldn't be happening!

We have friends coming in from out of town to Celebrate my husbands birthday. We're going to Joe's Crab Shack. This will be my first time out with friends too.. We'll see how it goes!

I LOVE joes crab shack!!! My favorite go to place these days!

good old magnesium citrate... but it works!! Anyone working out with a jp drain still In? Mine is still in due to a leak' date=' you guys are all doing fabulous with the weight loss portion I'm wondering if I'm missing the exercise portion,? and I'm having trouble with the food as well been quite the struggle ;( I am having a really hard time with food my surgery date was dec 17th and I was on iv nutrition for 3 wks post op , two weeks into it I started to do liquids than softs, than I was told to start advancing, I find one day , foods agree with me other days they do not , does not matter if I chew slowly or not , Beans had been my friend and today I hit a wall with them also with chicken Soup? anyone else have that problem? my fear is I'm going to ! train my tummy to eat the same three things over and over mostly smothies, lemon Water and crackers:

Sent from my mobile using RNYTalk[/quote']

Talk to your doc...