Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

I wear the genie bra pre op and post op. I'm a 46 DD and wear a 3x genie bra. I'm already in need of next size down. Lost 26 pounds in 3 1/2 weeks. They do hold up the girls.

DOS 12/17/12

Good for you!! And glad to know they do hold em up! I'm thinking I'll get one now. Maybe a 2x and if I like it, I'll go back as get a 1x too. Like I said, check your local Walmart, 10 bucks! :)

Good for you!! And glad to know they do hold em up! I'm thinking I'll get one now. Maybe a 2x and if I like it' date=' I'll go back as get a 1x too. Like I said, check your local Walmart, 10 bucks! :)[/quote']

I had wondered if they work. Let me tell you though about the lift. I can't wait to have it done. I've finished having children so that is #1 or 2 on the list of needed.

On a little darker note, yesterday I was referred to a GYN oncologist. Been diagnosed w complex hyperplasia atipia. So complete hysterectomy for me in a month or two. I'm 40 I would have loved a second child but it never happened for me. My daughter is a Jr in HS, so I think I need to get my precancerous organs out of me. After the hysterectomy they take cross sections of the uterus to make sure there isn't cancer in other areas of the uterus. Anyone else on here have this, or a close family member?

Gen :-) 12/15/12

I had wondered if they work. Let me tell you though about the lift. I can't wait to have it done. I've finished having children so that is #1 or 2 on the list of needed.

On a little darker note' date=' yesterday I was referred to a GYN oncologist. Been diagnosed w complex hyperplasia atipia. So complete hysterectomy for me in a month or two. I'm 40 I would have loved a second child but it never happened for me. My daughter is a Jr in HS, so I think I need to get my precancerous organs out of me. After the hysterectomy they take cross sections of the uterus to make sure there isn't cancer in other areas of the uterus. Anyone else on here have this, or a close family member?

Gen :-) 12/15/12[/quote']

Not exactly what you're going thru, but I'm stage 3 cervical/uterine cancer...in remission for almosT 3yrs....best to get the surgery now...my cancer was too advanced for a hysterectomy..best of luck to you

On a little darker note' date=' yesterday I was referred to a GYN oncologist. Been diagnosed w complex hyperplasia atipia. So complete hysterectomy for me in a month or two. I'm 40 I would have loved a second child but it never happened for me. My daughter is a Jr in HS, so I think I need to get my precancerous organs out of me. After the hysterectomy they take cross sections of the uterus to make sure there isn't cancer in other areas of the uterus. Anyone else on here have this, or a close family member?

I had cervical cancer and that had to come out before my bypass. I was able to keep my ovaries. I'm 34 with one child. She's 3.

Lisa :-) surgery date: Dec. 4th, 2012

Oh my!! Your face looks a lot slimmer too!! :D

Thank you!!! I'm blushing now! Lol

So sorry Gen!! Another surgery so soon! You will get thru it tho, the same way you did this, with courage, hope, and prayers!! :) And never give up on "having" a second baby! There are all sorts of children who need loving families, even if you can't have anymore biologically! Or maybe they could even save an egg and you'd just need the oven? Lol. I haven't heard much about your diagnosis, but I've been thru cancer within my own family and used to work on the oncology ward and if anything is even suspected and you don't absolutely need it, have them remove it!! Best plan because, god forbid, if they ever found anything further, the primary site has been removed, which is key! I will be praying for you though! I pray for all my buddies on here! :)

Thank you!!! I'm blushing now! Lol

You're welcome!! :)

Keep your chin up. It is not an easy thing to go through two surgeries. Prayers going your way. On the bright side- no more periods : ). And as someone else said, you can always have more children in a different way.

I like my genie bras. I wouldn't wear them forever but while I am shrinking they do the job and are comfy. I like the wide band under the cups, holds everything in place. I also took the extra pads out- no need for em. My biggest fear is my boobs will look like slices of pizza hanging. I am already saving for a reconstructive surgery.

I like my genie bras. I wouldn't wear them forever but while I am shrinking they do the job and are comfy. I like the wide band under the cups' date=' holds everything in place. I also took the extra pads out- no need for em. My biggest fear is my boobs will look like slices of pizza hanging. I am already saving for a reconstructive surgery.[/quote']

Mmmmmmmm pizza!!! LOL!!

I had to have a hysterectomy at 22. I gave birth to my only child at 21. I am now 36 with a new husband who wants another child. His daughter is 18 and my son is 15. We are going to try adoption. I have no regrets.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I appreciate your stories for those who shared. I actually requested a hysterectomy three years ago due to a feeling that something like this was going to occur. But at the time the doctors Would not refer Me to have a hysterectomy due to my age and supposedly healthy reproductive organs.

It is sad to hear that someone so young lost the ability to have more children I'm very thankful that you have the one you had. I am all for adoption if I meet a man who wants a kid obviously I won't have that ability and adoption is always and open option for me. Thank you all for your words of wisdom and your thoughts and prayers

Gen :-) 12/15/12

Ahaaha! Me too!! Or a nice breast lift!! I haven't lost my boobs yet. But I know it's gonna happen! :( We need magic wands so we can lose it from some places but not others. My ass is sooo flat. If I could turn the bottom half of my body around' date=' I'd look HOT!!! Lol.[/quote']

I can't wait to lose my boobs! Guess that's the diff between men and women ;)