Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

That reminds me, at Christmas my aunt had a ham and turkey tray with cheese and wheat crackers that she picked up at the grocery store. I think that would make a great snack that will last a good while. I just hope it wasn't too expensive!

2-weeks out 11lbs down according to his scale! Total weight lose since I started this journey 11/6/12 is 20lbs!

Was released to soft solids!! Was also ordered to start with my Vitamins and to start walking at least 20-30 minutes a day, until my next follow 2/7. I'll be released then to start "major" cardio according to him...lol...I'm excited!!!

2-weeks out 11lbs down according to his scale! Total weight lose since I started this journey 11/6/12 is 20lbs!

Was released to soft solids!! Was also ordered to start with my Vitamins and to start walking at least 20-30 minutes a day' date=' until my next follow 2/7. I'll be released then to start "major" cardio according to him...lol...I'm excited!!![/quote']

Congrats!!

Per my NUT not until 3 months out

Had my 2nd post op today. 6 weeks out and down 30lbs. Guess thats ok. The weight loss is slowing down but i guess as long as it keeps coming off ill be happy. I felt like its actually getting harder now than right after surgery. Anyone else feel like this or am i just crazy?

That reminds me' date=' at Christmas my aunt had a ham and turkey tray with cheese and wheat crackers that she picked up at the grocery store. I think that would make a great snack that will last a good while. I just hope it wasn't too expensive![/quote']

Oh my!! Your face looks a lot slimmer too!! :D

Oh my!! Your face looks a lot slimmer too!! :D

And that smile!!! WOW!!

Can anyone give me some feedback as to when we can start eating Pasta, like boxed mac n cheese? It seems to me thatI its pretty soft but not sure

Can anyone give me some feedback as to when we can start eating pasta' date=' like boxed mac n cheese? It seems to me thatI its pretty soft but not sure[/quote']

It is not recommended to eat bread or Pasta or rice until we have reached our goal weight

Can anyone give me some feedback as to when we can start eating Pasta, like boxed mac n cheese? It seems to me thatI its pretty soft but not sure

I was told to not since their is no health benefit from it. If you have unflavored Protein Powder you could add some to it and maybe eat some other Protein first and then have a bite if you crave it. I had wonton Soup which doesn't have much health benefit either, just was at a restaurant with not many choices. I will be more prepared next time, I don't think I will have it again, it was good, but I didn't stay full very long.

Usually only one procedure is needed to fix a stricture. But sometimes the hole wont stay open and more procedures are done and if all else fails they will put stents in. I had my second procedure 2 weeks today. So far so good!!

I have been told that it is fixed on average 2-3 times. For me it was two, three weeks apart.

Does anyone else have issues with not only textures but my taste buds and smell seems a lot more sensitive. Also seems everytime I eat I feel really tired and crappy afterwards. Please tell me this will get easier!

Does anyone else have issues with not only textures but my taste buds and smell seems a lot more sensitive. Also seems everytime I eat I feel really tired and crappy afterwards. Please tell me this will get easier!

Are you eating too fast? I feel very tired and crappy after I eat to fast. I believe that is symptoms of dumping.

Gen :-) 12/15/12

I did, my surge date was 8-3-12 and my sense of smell seemed like it got so much stronger and nothing taste as it did before. Thankfully most things are back to normal now as far as taste and smells go. I couldn't tell you about the feeling like crap because i had lots of issues after surgery so i felt like crap most of the time lol it all gets better. I remember after surgery i could taste the Protein in all the Protein Drinks they were so gross but now everything taste normal thank god. Good luck on your journey