Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

Just fainted again' date=' continuing to have numbness and loss of control in limbs. Waiting on my doc to call me back.[/quote']

You need potassium!

Lisa :-) surgery date: Dec. 4th, 2012

So when they did my egd they could only open my stricture to 12mm and it should be 16mm. So I have to have it done again in 4 to 6 weeks. My Protein intake still sucks and I move on to a normal diet this weekend but I can only hold usually 1 oz of food at a time. Burping is my signal to stop. Still losing Water weight from 3 days of fluids in the hospital.

Lisa :-) surgery date: Dec. 4th, 2012

Asked hubby when he goes to taco bell to get me a small bowl of refried Beans NO onions NO cheese' date=' and a packet of mild hot sauce. Going to eat a tablespoon of it and have some for tomorrow too[/quote']

Just remember TB RB's won't be fatfree so you could be asking for trouble if you get to much of them. They'll be yum compared to FF!

Just remember TB RB's won't be fatfree so you could be asking for trouble if you get to much of them. They'll be yum compared to FF!

Ahhh ok thanks for that tip. It was a small bowl very bland with no cheese or red sauce on it. Seemed to be about 4 tablespoons. Didn't eat all of it was atv7:30 so far no problems. Won't do it again. Was kinda yucky without flour tortilla lol

So when they did my egd they could only open my stricture to 12mm and it should be 16mm. So I have to have it done again in 4 to 6 weeks. My Protein intake still sucks and I move on to a normal diet this weekend but I can only hold usually 1 oz of food at a time. Burping is my signal to stop. Still losing Water weight from 3 days of fluids in the hospital.

Lisa :-) surgery date: Dec. 4th' date=' 2012[/quote']

What is a stricture? I am not sure what or where it is?

I just got this article in my email. I haven't read it yet but it gives tips on getting in all that water! Hope it's helpful to someone!

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/p=1014

Praying for my twin Jodi! How's your bp? I know when mine got too low I fainted a LOT. I sincerely hope it's not anything worse. Keep us updated!

A stricture is when the opening from your stomach to your intestines close up to tight from scar tissue etc..

A stricture is when the opening from your stomach to your intestines close up to tight from scar tissue etc..

Oh ouch. Hope I never get that

Hey' date=' wondering if any of you are having trouble with the portions of food and measuring it out and such. For example, I'm supposed to have 3 oz of tuna for dinner, 22g Protein. I'm allowed to mix it with light mayo and spices, but since that adds more volume, wouldn't I be getting less protein than that? Grr! I'm really struggling with all the math and measuring everything all the time. Anyone have any tips to share or anything you do to make this easier?[/quote']

I use a scale when measuring too. I cover the top w suran wrap or use a small bowl, turn it on so it's zeroed out, then add tuna. Measuring 3oz. Spices will add next to nothing in weight or take up space in your new pouch. Mayo the same. Plus the mayo will add a little moisture to make digestion easier. Also if you use albacore tuna, if I recall, it's higher in protein. I hope this helps.

Gen :-) 12/15/12

Going to the doctor tomorrow! Anyone have any questions they want me to ask?

Can you get too much Protein? I read it causes weight gain or weight maintenance, not loss.

Anyone have the striiv app on your phone and/or the pedometer. You can play games by walking, complete challenges. It is awesome. Let me know if you have it and we can add as friends. It is also compatible w MyFitnessPal so it will log your workout/calories burned for you.

Striiv looks great! Unfortunately I can't get it on my android and my iPhone is too outdated for it :( have fun with it, though!

I use a scale when measuring too. I cover the top w suran wrap or use a small bowl' date=' turn it on so it's zeroed out, then add tuna. Measuring 3oz. Spices will add next to nothing in weight or take up space in your new pouch. mayo the same. Plus the mayo will add a little moisture to make digestion easier. Also if you use albacore tuna, if I recall, it's higher in Protein. I hope this helps.

Gen :-) 12/15/12[/quote']

Yeah, it did thanks! Cause I guess the mayo reall wouldn't add much and does help it go down! Lol. And maybe I just need to use my food scale to simplify things instead of trying to convert ounces to tbsp etc. lol. Too much for my brain at times! And your face really does look slimmer!! Go you!! :D

Yeah' date=' it did thanks! Cause I guess the mayo reall wouldn't add much and does help it go down! Lol. And maybe I just need to use my food scale to simplify things instead of trying to convert ounces to tbsp etc. lol. Too much for my brain at times! And your face really does look slimmer!! Go you!! :D[/quote']

I was doing The same thing at first then I remembered my food scale since then I use that mainly as well as the tablespoons. I am glad you got it work out. Yippee!!!!