Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

Simply southern I am praying for you to get well and strong fast and get home to your babies. It's a risk we all take having major surgery but I'm sorry you're having to deal with such difficult consequences. In a year it will only be a memory and you'll have a new life with your family- it's all worth it- stay strong!!

Yes I did' date=' but its just the beginning of an awesome journey!!!! I won't lie the day after was horrible but each day thereafter got better and better!![/quote']

Thanks for being honest! I guess the first day is usually the worst!

Simply southern I am praying for you to get well and strong fast and get home to your babies. It's a risk we all take having major surgery but I'm sorry you're having to deal with such difficult consequences. In a year it will only be a memory and you'll have a new life with your family- it's all worth it- stay strong!!

Absolutely Simply Southern!! Please keep your head up girl!! We are all here for you and wishing you well!! :)

Praying for you Southern. Hang in there.

My body just produces a lot of Fluid. It's a bit frustrating. But apparently some patients just react that way. This meant that I had to stay in the hospital for five nights plus I have to keep the surgical drain for an extra week. The drainage is getting less bloody every day (this is a good sign). I am hoping to get rid of the drain on Monday. Otherwise, I actually feel great. I am able to eat solid food - such as grilled salmon or chicken as long as I chew it well. I have found that since I am eating Protein in the form of solid food, I am losing more weight and feeling much better. The extra protein has literally strengthened me. But I also have found out that i no longer can tolerate any dairy at all. I think that I am lactose intolerant as a result of the surgery.

Wishing you success!

I am having a pretty rough day been in alot of pain they think I might have a small start of pneumonia and during the 7.5 hour bypass I had where they were trying to fix my complication my liver may have got knicked and might need to go in and fix... I just miss my baby boys I am on my crying fit today :(

Hang in there Southern! I feel so sorry for all that you have gone through already. I certainly hope there aren't any more surgeries, the pneumonia stops its process and that very soon you'll have a "turn-around" day.. Hugs

I bet you are Southern ! I can't even imagine ! I can only pray for you! I'm so very sorry you are having to go thru this !

My body just produces a lot of Fluid. It's a bit frustrating. But apparently some patients just react that way. This meant that I had to stay in the hospital for five nights plus I have to keep the surgical drain for an extra week. The drainage is getting less bloody every day (this is a good sign). I am hoping to get rid of the drain on Monday. Otherwise, I actually feel great. I am able to eat solid food - such as grilled salmon or chicken as long as I chew it well. I have found that since I am eating Protein in the form of solid food, I am losing more weight and feeling much better. The extra protein has literally strengthened me. But I also have found out that i no longer can tolerate any dairy at all. I think that I am lactose intolerant as a result of the surgery.

Wishing you success!

Well I guess it would be weird because all of my bleeding was coming from a couple incisions and drain area. Yet, they removed drain staples and a stitch or two without any concern, since I swear each bleed looked as if I'd been shot and required multiple nurses to tend to and get under control. Released on Thurs. and Saturday woke up in another pool of blood. I was rushed to local ER and contacted BMI office today to follow up with the Sat. incident... no real concern was shown and appt. is for Friday. OK?!?! Meanwhile, I have played my own doctor and bound that area, keep it immaculately clean, covered, steri stripped and feel better than I ever had since surgery. Sometimes you got to advocate for yourself. Got advice sent to me by others on here, so this site has been my biggest tool in my recovery!

I don't regret my decision at all to have the surgery, even though I too had complications. Now having turned that corner I can start acheiving my goals, too!

Hopefully everyone's complication and the fact that we can be so open on this forum about them, helps others with the same experience to not necessarily be fearful. Having the support from others that have been through this type of surgery, helps when others just don't get it! I had someone already tell me "told you so" when it came to the complication. Just wait nay-sayers! I will be successful!

I don't regret my decision at all to have the surgery, even though I too had complications. Now having turned that corner I can start acheiving my goals, too!

Hopefully everyone's complication and the fact that we can be so open on this forum about them, helps others with the same experience to not necessarily be fearful. Having the support from others that have been through this type of surgery, helps when others just don't get it! I had someone already tell me "told you so" when it came to the complication. Just wait nay-sayers! I will be successful!

I know how you feel,,,,I can just hear my mom saying, "I tried to tell you".

My body just produces a lot of Fluid. It's a bit frustrating. But apparently some patients just react that way. This meant that I had to stay in the hospital for five nights plus I have to keep the surgical drain for an extra week. The drainage is getting less bloody every day (this is a good sign). I am hoping to get rid of the drain on Monday. Otherwise' date=' I actually feel great. I am able to eat solid food - such as grilled salmon or chicken as long as I chew it well. I have found that since I am eating Protein in the form of solid food, I am losing more weight and feeling much better. The extra protein has literally strengthened me. But I also have found out that i no longer can tolerate any dairy at all. I think that I am lactose intolerant as a result of the surgery.

Wishing you success![/quote']

You are so lucky! I can't eat chicken till week 7. Weeks 3 thru 6 I can have soft solids though.

Lisa :-) surgery date: Dec. 4th, 2012

I am having a pretty rough day been in alot of pain they think I might have a small start of pneumonia and during the 7.5 hour bypass I had where they were trying to fix my complication my liver may have got knicked and might need to go in and fix... I just miss my baby boys I am on my crying fit today :(

I am so sorry you are going through all this! I'm praying for you!

I don't regret my decision at all to have the surgery' date=' even though I too had complications. Now having turned that corner I can start acheiving my goals, too!

Hopefully everyone's complication and the fact that we can be so open on this forum about them, helps others with the same experience to not necessarily be fearful. Having the support from others that have been through this type of surgery, helps when others just don't get it! I had someone already tell me "told you so" when it came to the complication. Just wait nay-sayers! I will be successful![/quote']

Amen!

Any advice on where I can find a belly binder on the quick? My surgery is in less than 48 hours.

Any advice on where I can find a belly binder on the quick? My surgery is in less than 48 hours.

I'd like to know as well.

Sent from Gens iPhone using RNYTalk