Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow.. So Much...

THe last few days I have bit eating just over 1000 calories a day, and have been shocked at my hunger and portion sizes. I have been able to eat a craft 2 gumbo from qdoba- a few months ago only a few bites, and this being rice, Beans, steak, etc. I started with a half portion, and ended up eating the whole small bowl... I am 6 months out, anyone else in similar situation? I want to snack all day...help!

I havent had this situation... but make sure and keep yourself in check. You might want to start measuring your food and make sure Protein first as it will keep you fuller longer then any carbs will. Used to be back in the old days the cold weather would make me want to eat.. well hell who am I fooling everything made me want to eat... Just hang in there honey

I'm 7 months post op and continue to measure what I eat and constantly get my Protein in first. Please be careful and watch those calories.... they add up real quick. Eventhough you can eat more I would not !!! Your Breakfast, lunch and dinner should be enough to carry you thru to each meal without snacking and/or getting hungry !!! You may have fallen off track.. please get back on track again ASAP !!!!!

I'm in the same boat. Want to snack all day. I'm just focusing on entering EVERYTHING into my fitness pal, getting my Proteins, and keeping busy. The more active I am, I've found the more I stay on track. Winters in Minnesota are dark and dreary. I joined a small town fitness center and volunteer at same place that has a thrift store, meeting rooms and craft classes. That's working for now, try different things and if you can switch up your day. Good luck

Surgery date 5/16/12.

Keep in mind my doctor said we I should be striving to eat around 1000 a day, so don't beat yourself up too much for eating what a whole 1000 calories. Come on... before surgery most people eat 1500 calories to lose weight and you are talking 1000. Make sure you are eating Protein first and eating healthy and that amount of calories is totally within the limits most doctors want us to eat. I think we get so used to eat starvation numbers that we forget that 1000-1200 is an acceptable number, but in comparison to our new diets it seems so much, Actually that 1000 calories is more healthy and more sustainable than the 700-800 I eat daily and get yelled at for only eating. Just keep an eye on what you are eating and you will do fine. Also remember though a few treats once in awhile helps you sustain a healthy normal fulfilling life not one in which you feel deprived and unhappy. Stop beating yourself up and if you need to change a couple things do it, but be realistic and don't be so hard on yourself!!

I'm 7 months post op and continue to measure what I eat and constantly get my Protein in first. Please be careful and watch those calories.... they add up real quick. Eventhough you can eat more I would not !!! Your breakfast' date=' lunch and dinner should be enough to carry you thru to each meal without snacking and/or getting hungry !!! You may have fallen off track.. please get back on track again ASAP !!!!![/quote']

Help me? I forget to eat breakfast when I remember it's a simple cafe. I'm not eating bread Pasta rice. I'm 5 months. I eat egg beaters occasionally. lunch can Soup or salad. dinner salad or stew whatever left over I made unless it's fried. I find my self snacking but not candy like pretzels a piece of fruit. I don't eat 800c per day. What I'm doing wrong?

I do rice or potatoes, usually a Half or quarter portion once a day. I do a glass or two of skim milk once or twice a day...80 cal an 8ounce cup. I snack once or twice a day with a 100 cal bag of almonds. Low fat/no fat yogurt for breakfast. And the rest is usually Protein and two or three portions of fruit and veggies.

I do rice or potatoes' date=' usually a Half or quarter portion once a day. I do a glass or two of skim milk once or twice a day...80 cal an 8ounce cup. I snack once or twice a day with a 100 cal bag of almonds. Low fat/no fat yogurt for breakfast. And the rest is usually Protein and two or three portions of fruit and veggies.[/quote']

I do eat potatoes boil.

How much are you suppose to measure? I am 1 month out and i tend to over eat.

At that stage probably no more than 1/2 a cup a meal. I now eat about 1 cup of food at a meal. My doctor emphasized this was the important part- Protein is as important and then consider the calories

I think it's best to write down physically or in a app what you are eating. It will help you stay on tract. Also, if u get hungry and want to snack, try to eat protein- piece of turkey slices, fish, and/ or shakes.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Measure, measure, measure!! We don't want to go backwards...keep that scale and your measuring spoons nearby. I would be eating more calories without them.

very good thread, lots of great info thank you