Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not Trying To Be A Downer But?

I have been reading so many of your post alot of them, I am in 3 different support groups, here, Facebook, and sparkpeople. I have read the post of folks going in for surgery, 4 days post op, and even up to 5 years post op. I have read about the weight losses, and great going for you!!,

I have read the pain in my side. the dumping, and all that, and the excitment to buy new clothes.

but not once have i read any post that says I feel so good now. I cant believe i could feel this good.

I need to know??

Yes i have read if i had a choice knowning what i know now about the surgery and the pains and stuff would I do it again. and most of everyone says hell yea in a second. and thats awesome

BUT ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?? is it everything you thought it would be? are you off the medications that you had to take for diabetes? and cholestrol, and high blood pressure. that the surgeons claim you will be off of? What about your depression, because i know most of us are depressed from being obese. are you still depressed?

I am scared and i just need everyone to be honest please.

thank you

janice

Very good post, excellent questions. And I think I feel just like you do. I want to know WILL I feel better. Will I be less depressed. Will I be off insulin.

When you are 57 just losing weight and buying new clothes isn't enough, matter fact isn't anything to me, I want to feel better, have more energy, live longer.

Hope we get some good answers to these questions.

Keeping in mind we are all different and go at different paces. But like OldHippie said DO YOU FEEL BETTER????

I can honestly I feel AWESOME.... I have yo-yo dieted for the past 20 years. I once lost 100 lbs all by myself by dieting and exercise. Then put 60 of it back on, then lost it again.. then put it back on again. Now that I am 53 I was tired of the non-healthy yo-yo dieting, I knew a few people who hand RNY and never knew that insurance paid... if I knew that years ago I would have had surgery a long time ago.

My cholestrol was 220 before surgery and it is now 157, my BP was boarderline high is is now 115/76. Surgery helps you to not over eat, it helps you maintain control. Once you start loosing the weight you get a natural high that is so awesome. There is no feeling like when you put on a pair of pants that were tight and are now loose or someone say "wow you look great". That only fuels me to do even more :) I love the way I feel and look now !!!

Thats what i want to know from the 1000 of you folks on here.

I am 56, i am type 2 diabetic that takes 750 mg of metformin XR 3 times a day,

my cholesterol went up 1 time and was put on pravastatin, and because i am a diabetic doc puts me on high blood pressure so that the pressure doesnt build up on my kidneys from the diabetes, and in my entire life never had high blood pressure. it was never over 124/70 always just a little lower. now with the freaking pill which i discuss with my doc to let me 1/2 it for once a day, my pressure still runs low, even at one time it was 95 /62 that is too low. it usally stays now around 103/61 which i think is too low, but i will live with it. I dont care how i will look. I just want to stop being the biggest person in pictures, I want to be healthy enough to keep up with my 5 yr old granddaughter and do stuff like walk around the zoo and fairs and stuff with out giving out. and I refuse to use a wheel chair. I am not disabled. just fat. i havent ever been able to lose more then 20 lbs. its so freaking hard. and i didnt gain weight till i was 28, and then had depression so much i went for confort foods. chocolate addicted. i just want to feel normal and feel good and get off these meds. if it takes surgery then it will. i just want to know i wont still be depressed later like i am now. thank you for the comments

Old_hippi_gal you have every right to feel the way you do, once you lose the weight are you going to be happy? yes. Once u see how ur life is changing you mood is going to change, is it going to be hard? most definitely your emotions are all over the place Hun. Lets just take it one day at a time. You will see the change I you, and in your weight and you're lab work, you just have relax and try not to pest yourself. I'm the same way my surgery is Monday and my emotions are all over the place. I'm just letting God take control of this. In His name we will be ok. We are here if you need us. God has been carrying you already.

Old Hippe you are asking great questions and are awesome to want to know everything but don't over stress yourself either. The emotions are going to be a roller coaster for a bit right after surgery because your affair with food is over but there is still the emotional end of it. You will loose weight fast, the more you lose the more you want to workout and eat healthy. Just think of how wonderful it will be to chase your grandaughter around ;) Make your grandaugher your focus and that will keep you on track. This surgery is a tool to make you healthy !!!

thanks yall, it really helps talking to you, I have faith that god will see me through this. My endo just scared me yesterday so i had all these questions come up

thank you

I may not have any of these health issues, but I had bad knee joints and couldn't go one day without my medication. I'm 8 weeks post, haven't taken one single pill of my arthritis medicine, I work out 4days a week and never felt better in my life.

Trust God and He'll take care of you.

Hope this helps

Sent from my Galaxy S III using RNYTalk

I FEEL GREAT! I'm only 30 and i was on no meds pre op. No underling health conditions but a long family history of them. I have felt great since the day after surgery. keep pushing my self to follow the plan and follow all the rules. Not that i haven't. But i Gretel great! I'm only 3Weeks post op tomorrow so i haven't bought any new clothes yet but it feels great getting into old clothes that didn't fit before. Yes i have energy and i love that i finally made the choice and had RNY!

I didn't have high blood pressure or depression, so those issues weren't a problem for me. My dr. took me off my diabetes medicine before I left the hospital. I regulated the same day.

I NEVER had incisional pain. I only took my pain meds to sleep when I got home. Just gas pain from hell for a couple days. I took infant gas drops and it dissolved in a matter of minutes. I still do occasionally but not often at all. I've never dumped, vomited, or been nauseated.

I have had no complications besides being dehydrated for two days the week after surgery. It was my fault, because I just didn't feel like drinking anything. I haven't dumped or vomited. I may have an occasional gas pain. I take some infant gas drops and it's over. I seem to tolerate all foods very well so far. I just don't go crazy. I've eaten Cookies, very thin slices of cake, candy, fried food, etc. JUST IN GREAT MODERATION. I still go out with friends. I'm even able to shop on the same side of the store with them now. I have no complaints.

I FEEL GREAT! I'm only 30 and i was on no meds pre op. No underling health conditions but a long family history of them. I have felt great since the day after surgery. keep pushing my self to follow the plan and follow all the rules. Not that i haven't. But i Gretel great! I'm only 3Weeks post op tomorrow so i haven't bought any new clothes yet but it feels great getting into old clothes that didn't fit before. Yes i have energy and i love that i finally made the choice and had RNY!

I've given soooo many of my clothes away. It feels great, too. I loved shopping before, but I love it even more now. Going from a 22/24 to a XL in a few months is great.

I am happier now then I have been in years. I would do it all again in a heart beat!!!

thanks again

I can't say that I ever suffered from depression so not a lot I can offer there. But...

Type 2 diabetes - gone

High blood pressure - gone

Cholesterol - normal

Back and knee pain - gone

sleep apnea - gone

Weight loss - 125 lbs

Is it everything I thought it would be? That and more. Truly life changing in every way imaginable.

Am I happy? I Celebrate my new life every single day.

Am I off the meds I was on pre-op? Absolutely.

You're gonna love the new you!!

I am only 3 months post op but have lost 76 pounds so far. The first two weeks were ok but tough. The first month was ok and be second month kinda sucked because I tried to backslide into old habits and couldn't get away with it. The third month is great. I am used to my new diet changes and have embraced them!

My health was ok before and not on any meds but so sluggish. Now I have so much energy. We are on the go every evening after school and work and all weekend. And I still manage to keep the house clean :) sometimes I realize that I haven't watched tv and relaxed for a week or two and then I realize I'm not exhausted like used to get. All that extra time socializing and LIVING is so good for the soul!

It's also nice that I get compliments every day at work!!! What's not nice is buying new scrubs every month!