Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not Trying To Be A Downer But?

I do know its my decision' date=' trust me on that. i just want to hear from folks who have had it, putting aside the yonger people who are under 40, because hell yea i would be excited as all get out to be able to get my groove back and buy new clothes and find a good man, but I am not looking for any of that. I am 56 years young married, and have a grand daughter. i just want my activity level up and just feel good. I am not looking for depression answers that isnt what i mean. I just want to know after it is all said and done are YOU happy? i appreciate all the good tips advice, and comments. Oh i am having the surgery dont get me wrong. next time i take my 5 yr old granddaughter to the zoo, i want to be smiling the whole way around it and pushing her to the next place.[/quote']

I know I'm under 40 but I'm happily married so I'm not looking to get skinny to find a man, I have one. I do want to look better for him even though he says he loves me no matter what. I had cancer so I've had a hysterectomy so can't have more kids either. I did this for my health and my daughter. I'm not a young mom and my 3 yr old is all I'm gonna have. I need to have energy for her just as you do for your grandbaby. So please don't discount us under 40 who have good testimony.

Lisa :-) surgery date: Dec. 4th, 2012

I know I'm under 40 but I'm happily married so I'm not looking to get skinny to find a man' date=' I have one. I do want to look better for him even though he says he loves me no matter what. I had cancer so I've had a hysterectomy so can't have more kids either. I did this for my health and my daughter. I'm not a young mom and my 3 yr old is all I'm gonna have. I need to have energy for her just as you do for your grandbaby. So please don't discount us under 40 who have good testimony.

Lisa :-) surgery date: Dec. 4th, 2012[/quote']

Oh I'm not really. But if you read some of the post made by the younger then 35 folks talking about when can they drink alcohol again. And about partying I feel that they just don't get it. This is a very serious surgery. I understand about cravings and temptations but you just can't give in to them anymore. Be healthy be happy and look good forever. I do try to read all the post but wonder if some are just phoney baloney you know? Sometimes. I can't believe what I am reading when I see a post from someone 2 weeks out talking about eating fries and chicken it's like what the hell were you thinking and then my pouch doesn't feel good today or I am having alot of dumping today. It's so sad. And no I don't mean it's all the young people. They just need to grasp reality. It's only a tool and like all tools if not taken care of properly it won't work.

Oh I'm not really. But if you read some of the post made by the younger then 35 folks talking about when can they drink alcohol again. And about partying I feel that they just don't get it. This is a very serious surgery. I understand about cravings and temptations but you just can't give in to them anymore. Be healthy be happy and look good forever. I do try to read all the post but wonder if some are just phoney baloney you know? Sometimes. I can't believe what I am reading when I see a post from someone 2 weeks out talking about eating fries and chicken it's like what the hell were you thinking and then my pouch doesn't feel good today or I am having alot of dumping today. It's so sad. And no I don't mean it's all the young people. They just need to grasp reality. It's only a tool and like all tools if not taken care of properly it won't work.

So true. Then when they fail and gain all their weight back they tell others not to have the surgery bc it doesn't work. I get so angry at people who think this surgery is just taking the "easy" way out. It's not easy. We still want all those bad foods but we now have a tool to help us. We have to exercise and eat healthy just like everyone else. Good luck to you on your journey to your new healthy life!

You too, I was just reading a post on some that are 4 days out talking about eating mash potatoes and gravy purée I don't get it. I thought for the first few weeks you can only have Water and Protein Shakes? It's getting confusing to me. Yes I know it's going to be hard to give up those carbs but these will be the same people 4 months in that will say they only lost 20 lbs so far. And duh really maybe don't eat mash potatoes and gravy.

You too' date=' I was just reading a post on some that are 4 days out talking about eating mash potatoes and gravy purée I don't get it. I thought for the first few weeks you can only have Water and Protein shakes? It's getting confusing to me. Yes I know it's going to be hard to give up those carbs but these will be the same people 4 months in that will say they only lost 20 lbs so far. And duh really maybe don't eat mash potatoes and gravy.[/quote']

Lol. Amen

Lol. Amen

Lisa :-) surgery date: Dec. 4th' date=' 2012[/quote']

For the 1st 2 weeks I can only have Water and Protein drinks. Weeks 3 to 6 I csn have soft solids. Low fat cottage cheese, low fat thin sliced lunch meat, low fat cheese, chili, sugar free pudding. Everything is low fat. Duh.

For the 1st 2 weeks I can only have Water and Protein drinks. Weeks 3 to 6 I csn have soft solids. Low fat cottage cheese' date=' low fat thin sliced lunch meat, low fat cheese, chili, sugar free pudding. Everything is low fat. Duh.

Lisa :-) surgery date: Dec. 4th, 2012[/quote']

Our diets are similar. I can also have sugarfreee Jello and popsicles and broth.

Oh yeah I can have those too. I just haven't wanted them.

Lisa :-) surgery date: Dec. 4th' date=' 2012[/quote']

They don't have much Protein or nutritional value so you're not missing anything. What kind of Vitamin did u find?

I have been using the multi cyrstals from Celbrate. It mixes with 6 or so ounces taste is wild cherry. So I get the Vitamins and the liquid at the same time. It says it has Calcium in them too, but I am sure not enough to meet all our requirements. I am going to try to add some chewable calcium in the mix today. I am going slow trying to not add to many new things in a day. So far so good.

My nut said NO to gummies for some reason.

I have been reading so many of your post alot of them' date=' I am in 3 different support groups, here, Facebook, and sparkpeople. I have read the post of folks going in for surgery, 4 days post op, and even up to 5 years post op. I have read about the weight losses, and great going for you!!,

I have read the pain in my side. the dumping, and all that, and the excitment to buy new clothes.

but not once have i read any post that says I feel so good now. I cant believe i could feel this good.

I need to know??

Yes i have read if i had a choice knowning what i know now about the surgery and the pains and stuff would I do it again. and most of everyone says hell yea in a second. and thats awesome

BUT ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?? is it everything you thought it would be? are you off the medications that you had to take for diabetes? and cholestrol, and high blood pressure. that the surgeons claim you will be off of? What about your depression, because i know most of us are depressed from being obese. are you still depressed?

I am scared and i just need everyone to be honest please.

thank you

janice[/quote']

Well I can't speak for anyone else but I am almost 2 months post op and have lost around 53 pounds. I was on four blood pressure meds and metformin for diabetes. Now I only take Vitamins and occasional pain meds for a previous spinal condition. Even that is better now. As for happiness, I am happy that I am getting better. There are other issues in my life that I am working on. The key is loving yourself and wanting a better, healthier you. Not just losing weight cause u wanna be skinny. If you change your lifestyle u will be and stay successful.

I am only 4 weeks out but I noticed my 1st change today. I used to take elevators every day at work and swore i would not use one after the surgery. Today was the 1st day I didn't even think about going up the stairs at work. It didn't occur to me until I reached the top that I had just taken the stairs and I wasn't out of breath. I walked briskly down the hallway and then went back down the stairs with a giant smile on my face. I have also noticed I look people in the eye more. I'm not a shy person but when I spoke to people I would look at the floor or anywhere but at them (especially men). I'm gaining confidence back and starting to look at myself in the mirror without cringing. I'm off my metformin, off my anti-depresant, and starting to realize that there is an amazing person inside. She's always been there but I am now gaining the confidence to show everyone else who I am. Good luck on your journey (((hugs)))

I am only 4 weeks out but I noticed my 1st change today. I used to take elevators every day at work and swore i would not use one after the surgery. Today was the 1st day I didn't even think about going up the stairs at work. It didn't occur to me until I reached the top that I had just taken the stairs and I wasn't out of breath. I walked briskly down the hallway and then went back down the stairs with a giant smile on my face. I have also noticed I look people in the eye more. I'm not a shy person but when I spoke to people I would look at the floor or anywhere but at them (especially men). I'm gaining confidence back and starting to look at myself in the mirror without cringing. I'm off my metformin' date=' off my anti-depresant, and starting to realize that there is an amazing person inside. She's always been there but I am now gaining the confidence to show everyone else who I am. Good luck on your journey (((hugs)))[/quote']

You go girl!

I was on 5 different meds prior to my op and the day after surgery I was on 1! The Dr said the op is like new plumbing and your brain gets tricked hence the need for less or no more meds that you were on prior to surgery.