Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not Trying To Be A Downer But?

I also save money on food!!!!! lol

Lol yea that's good what I won't buy for myself in food ole hubs will. All I care about is getting my energy back and to be able to move more actively I probably won't buy any clothes till I lose about 60 lbs I still have plenty of sizes in jeans and t shirts.

Thanks everyone

Lol yea that's good what I won't buy for myself in food ole hubs will. All I care about is getting my energy back and to be able to move more actively I probably won't buy any clothes till I lose about 60 lbs I still have plenty of sizes in jeans and t shirts.

Thanks everyone

60lbs will mean several sizes down. You may want to look into clearance and Goodwill stores until your weight stabilzes. I tried to told on to my old clothes as long as I could. I looked ridiculous. lol. I felt and looked a lot better once I started buying clothes that fit.

First 2 weeks worst pain imaginable, first month couldn't eat. Hospitalize 3 times from dehydration. Still struggle with different things everyday, but I'm no longer Pre diabetic or suffer with hpb. I don't have the stress of trying a new diet every week and that I would not change for anything!!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I have been reading so many of your post alot of them' date=' I am in 3 different support groups, here, Facebook, and sparkpeople. I have read the post of folks going in for surgery, 4 days post op, and even up to 5 years post op. I have read about the weight losses, and great going for you!!,

I have read the pain in my side. the dumping, and all that, and the excitment to buy new clothes.

but not once have i read any post that says I feel so good now. I cant believe i could feel this good.

I need to know??

Yes i have read if i had a choice knowning what i know now about the surgery and the pains and stuff would I do it again. and most of everyone says hell yea in a second. and thats awesome

BUT ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?? Yes I'm very happy now

is it everything you thought it would be? it's better then I though it would be

are you off the medications that you had to take for diabetes? I didn't have diabetes

and cholestrol, and high blood pressure. that the surgeons claim you will be off of? never had cholesterol or high blood pressure

What about your depression, because i know most of us are depressed from being obese. are you still depressed? Never dealt with depression

I am scared and i just need everyone to be honest please.

thank you

janice[/quote']

You know...it's funny. All the convince in the world can't make you do this successfully. Bottom line, you need to be sick and tired of being sick and tired of being where you are at, and trying every diet in the book, and feeling bone exhausted at the end of every day, hurting, or being sick or both. Some are not glad they had the surgery. Many are. Your reasons have to be YOUR reasons.

You know...it's funny. All the convince in the world can't make you do this successfully. Bottom line, you need to be sick and tired of being sick and tired of being where you are at, and trying every diet in the book, and feeling bone exhausted at the end of every day, hurting, or being sick or both. Some are not glad they had the surgery. Many are. Your reasons have to be YOUR reasons.

I do know its my decision, trust me on that. i just want to hear from folks who have had it, putting aside the yonger people who are under 40, because hell yea i would be excited as all get out to be able to get my groove back and buy new clothes and find a good man, but I am not looking for any of that. I am 56 years young married, and have a grand daughter. i just want my activity level up and just feel good. I am not looking for depression answers that isnt what i mean. I just want to know after it is all said and done are YOU happy? i appreciate all the good tips advice, and comments. Oh i am having the surgery dont get me wrong. next time i take my 5 yr old granddaughter to the zoo, i want to be smiling the whole way around it and pushing her to the next place.

I do know its my decision' date=' trust me on that. i just want to hear from folks who have had it, putting aside the yonger people who are under 40, because hell yea i would be excited as all get out to be able to get my groove back and buy new clothes and find a good man, but I am not looking for any of that. I am 56 years young married, and have a grand daughter. i just want my activity level up and just feel good. I am not looking for depression answers that isnt what i mean. I just want to know after it is all said and done are YOU happy? i appreciate all the good tips advice, and comments. Oh i am having the surgery dont get me wrong. next time i take my 5 yr old granddaughter to the zoo, i want to be smiling the whole way around it and pushing her to the next place.[/quote']

Oh girl... I'm an open book. The only thing wrong with me was being fat. I had no issues with health. Yes back injury at work in 2002 & a knee problem due to over weight. After the weight came off my knee no longer hurts. My back is permanent & I'm trying to see since I'm home 24/7 if I can apply fir SSI. If approve great if not it's ok. At least I try.

I feel amazing! I am still on my antidepressant but I have suffered from depression since I was 12 and skinny as a stick. I had to stop taking metformin pre op because my sugars were too low. I love being smaller and more energetic. I'm just a ball of happiness! I am literally giddy about life! I didn't realize how much I missed. I can go hiking again. I have been exploring all the woods and trails around my house and I'm giving my 17 year old sister a run for her money. I also no longer have to take my asthma and allergy medicines. Life is great!

New Life Started 07/24/12

I feel amazing! I am still on my antidepressant but I have suffered from depression since I was 12 and skinny as a stick. I had to stop taking metformin pre op because my sugars were too low. I love being smaller and more energetic. I'm just a ball of happiness! I am literally giddy about life! I didn't realize how much I missed. I can go hiking again. I have been exploring all the woods and trails around my house and I'm giving my 17 year old sister a run for her money. I also no longer have to take my asthma and allergy medicines. Life is great!

New Life Started 07/24/12

That's wuz up.

thanks yall' date=' it really helps talking to you, I have faith that god will see me through this. My endo just scared me yesterday so i had all these questions come up

thank you[/quote']

I also was on bp medication and was removed off of it few hours after surgery. Never to take it again. I suffer from depression and it seems at first maybe the meds don't work quite right but hang in there...the crying does stop and the pain will ease up. I am three weeks post OP. I have fibromyalgia and hadn't noticed any pain until my stomach pain eased up but i continue to work out on the treadmill and soak at night in the tub and take ultram for the pain. Life will be a rollercoaster for prob atleast a month but not needing the meds and losing the weight will make you appreciate the surgery long term.

I'm pre op and very depressed and stressed - the way I look at it, I CAN'T FEEL ANY WORSE THAN I ALREADY DO! Anything would be an improvement at this point. And, I gotta say, this whole insurance process isn't helping!! I think getting over the insurance woes, the pre-op testing, the night-before-surgery-jitters - I'll be so exhausted that getting the dang operation over with will bring on a flood of relief and it will only get better from there!

You have to have a positive attitude. You WILL get through this. You WILL feel better. You WILL succeed. You WILL be happy.

"Trying" to be or do anything already implies failure. You have to have the will to see the bigger picture, to keep your eye on the prize, and KNOW IT WILL GET BETTER.

I woulda thought an old hippie lady would know that a positive attitude gets you through anything. ;) Stay strong! You've survived this long as a heavy person - that speaks volumes for your capacity to adapt already! Life isn't easy being heavy. But every movement you make will be easier when you lose weight. Just eliminating the depressing effects of pain, pain you may not even recognize because you've had it so long, will change your overall mood.

I know I'll probably have body issues for my whole life. Things I'll want to change or whatever - like most women have. I'm okay with that. I'm not okay with being the biggest person I know. I'm not okay with struggling up my FOUR porch stairs. I'm not okay with cracking ankles and knees at age 32 because my poor legs were not made to sustain this weight. My body is a mess, I don't expect that to change completely by losing weight (if anything, things could get reallll ugly!). But being accepted by society is so important to me. I bully myself harder than anyone, but I'm so fragile to society because I've been ridiculed too many times. I recognize how I'm treated differently, and I know I'm a smart person! I know I have valid, thoughtful opinions. I know I'm a great, funny, talented person - but being severely overweight, no one sees that!

Wow. This reply got really long. Sorry bout that. I need a therapist stat! LOL

Makemyown,

First, take a deep breathe. You will get there. One step at a time, one choice at a time. I never believed I would ever lose 100 lbs, yet, here I am at 104 lbs down. Truthfully, however, the weight loss is only one price of the puzzle. You may lose some friends...I am losing a husband of 18 years. A few friends have absolutely torn me up....not surprisingly, they were some of my bigger friends. Some don't want to see you succeed, so you just have to do it to spite em. :)

This surgery is for us. For our body, our bones, our health. We need to fix the mental side as well, so we can learn to appreciate ourselves in other ways then a really great piece of apple pie.

One step, one day at a time....point yourself in the right direction and keep moving there. You will get there.

Amazing comments y'all thanks it really helps