Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Surgery For 9/12 Was Unsucessful...i'm Sad.

My surgery was unsucessful...I was admitted at 8:30 am in the morning and ready for 9:30 am. The surgeon made 6 incision outside my stomach area and inserted the larpoc. equipment with air. Then they had to abort the srugery because my heart became weak and my heart rate was so low. My blood pressure went down to 70/40. They pulled the plug and the next thing I knew my surgeon was in the recovery room and told me that he almost lost me because of my heart and pressure. I was devastated and I started to cry. I don't understand why this happened to me? My Cardiologist told me that I was fit to do this surgery and he cleared me. After that they kept me in the hospital for evaluation. They ran some tests on me. They took many blood drawing, a heart cat scan, and 2D echo. All came out negative. Even though the procedure wasn't done I was in pain and haven't eaten for 3 three days. Today they discharge me and I have mild gatric pain. The doctor said to me to schedule an appointment for Monday to discuss my condition and to reschdule my surgery. I'am so hurt and tramatized I don't know what to do now. I guess it was bad luck for me. I'm home know and I'm still crying. I can't believe I had a brush with death.

I am so glad you are ok but I know you are disappointed beyond belief not to have had the surgery. I pray

something can me done and you can get the surgery if it can be safe for you. My thoughts and heartfelt understanding are with you this afternoon.

Gentle Hugs

OH MY! I am so glad to hear you are OK. I know how sad you must be but you are here with us!! Everything always happens for a reason. Maybe these extra days will help you be even more prepared for what lies ahead. But it is OK to cry just don't stay there for to long. :wub:

I'm sorry that you are disappointed about how everything went. I'm happy that your doctors stopped right away to make sure you didn't loose your life. It's ok, you will get better heal up some and reschedule your date for another time. Everything works for the good...

Thank you ladies...reading each of your posts gave me hope. My doctor told me to continue the diet to lose more weight because he said my liver was still large. I have to fight this. I' m still crying on top of my ipad. I'm gonna ruin this thing :-D

Oh my! I'm sorry you had that experience. But you pulled through:) keep truckin' and its okay to cry.

Surgery 7/25/12

Thank you ladies...reading each of your posts gave me hope. My doctor told me to continue the diet to lose more weight because he said my liver was still large. I have to fight this. I' m still crying on top of my ipad. I'm gonna ruin this thing :-D

Girl don't short out the iPad...that thing cost too much money, all is not lost. You will have your surgery sooner than your think, by what your doctor is telling you to do. Go ahead shrink that liver so we can get this show back on the road. It's a small set back but one that was very needed...Better them be safe then sorry.

SOrry that this happened to you. I am glad that you are ok. I hope that it could be done at a later date. Don't lose hope. ((HUGS))

I am so so sorry that happened! I know it's very disappointing but THANK GOD you are still here! That's what you need to focus on. Everything happens or a reason. You might have had a very bad outcome with many problems post op. Chin up, it will all workout!

All of you are awesome! I'm going to pick up some meds now that my doctor prescribed me at discharge this morning. They offered me a pneumovax and flu shot and I accepted and the nurses and residents told me to come back soon. The staff were very nice and supportive. All of you are so supportive too. Scared to cough and sneeze with these staples hanging on to my stomach.

I'm SO sorry about this happening to you. I can only imagine how heartbreaking it is. However, like others have said everything happens for a reason so don't lose hope!! You can use this extra time to shrink your liver & have a smooth surgery in the days to come. (((HUGS))) to you!! :)

Hugs your way!!! What a close call and as others have said it just wasn't meant to be today. Keep focused on your diet plan and know that your time will come... When it is safe to do so!!!

All of you are awesome! I'm going to pick up some meds now that my doctor prescribed me at discharge this morning. They offered me a pneumovax and flu shot and I accepted and the nurses and residents told me to come back soon. The staff were very nice and supportive. All of you are so supportive too. Scared to cough and sneeze with these staples hanging on to my stomach.

Wishing you a speedy recovery! Go get some rest and take it easy now.

Hugs to each and every one of you! xoxoxo. I got my prescriptions for the gas pain and going to see the doctor on Monday to remove the staples. I'm not giving up!

Be strong no matter....god bless you..he pulled you out to set you aside for a greater plan. Trust you will get through this

Sent from my N860 using RNYTalk