Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It was probably her first day on the job. I seam to get those to often. Boo to the new people that can't find what's in their face.

You're probably right!! I could tell from the moment she walked into the room that she lacked confidence. My only request was to place the IV in my left arm because I can't stand going to the bathroom and having to wipe with an IV on my hand or arm. She checked both arms and went for the left one. I even tried to reassure her that I'm not afraid of needles, etc. Well, she blew the vein. She proceeded to blow the right side too then had the nerve to tell me she should have listened to her instinct. Umm....what instinct because you blew both sides?!?! At least she had the confidence to walk out and get another nurse before poking me again. Now I have two large blackish purple bruises on my arms to remember her by. ;-)

As for my pain...well, if it weren't for these stupid, excruciating gas pains in my shoulders, I'd be great. My stomach is sore, but it's totally manageable without pain meds. I'm still taking meds though because of the gas pains. I talked to the nurse today and I'm doing everything I can do, so it just has to run its course.

Happy to hear that your surgery went well & are at home resting! May God bless you with a speedy recovery. Congrats on being on the loser's bench!!

Thanks so much!! I feel so blessed to finally be on the other side. I know these first few days and weeks are the most difficult, so I'm just doing the best I can and trying not to stress about it. :-)

Just relax there's nothing to it

They we give you medicine to relax

Then you will be out

Good luck

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

Thanks everyone!! In the surgery prep area now. The one nurse couldn't get my IV started in either arm. I've never had that problem before and I've had about 5 other surgical procedures before. :-/

Probably because you havent had any fluids. Good luck!!!!

Have you found anything inparticular that helps with the gas pains?

Have you found anything inparticular that helps with the gas pains?

Hi Sharon - The only things that seem to really work are a heating pad and walking. The problem is that I can't walk ALL day long and if I'm sitting with the heating pad, it's puts me in a bad position for drinking my fluids, which are top priority. I'm praying a lot and doing a lot of self-talk because I know it will get better. I'd just like to know when!?!? I called doctor yesterday and have increased my GasX to the dose I was getting in the hospital vs. the packaging, but it's not making a huge difference. I've gone back to taking my Lortab when it gets unbearable because it helps take the edge off. I just called my husband to ask if he thought going to the chiropractor or getting a gentle massage would help, and he thinks it might be too soon. ???

Seriously, except for this pain, I feel great! I'm doing well with my full liquids - had some Soup, cream of wheat and greek yogurt. The fluids are still challenging to get all 64 oz of them down, but my stomach soreness is very manageable. My husband took our 1.5 year old to the babysitter this morning, but I managed to get my 6.5 year old off to school before the pain set in. I have a sneaking suspicion it's God way of making me slow down so I don't overdo it, but I will be singing His praises as soon as this part is behind me!!!

How are you feeling about starting your pre-op diet? Are you getting the supplies you need? Just think, this time next month you will be all set for your surgery! Yeah!!!

BTW, how tall are you? Our weight stats are very similar. I'm 5'2". Highest weight was 225, pre-op was about 206 and goal weight is 125. :)

BTW' date=' how tall are you? Our weight stats are very similar. I'm 5'2". Highest weight was 225, pre-op was about 206 and goal weight is 125. :)[/quote']

Hey there... I'm 5'1" and currently 208. We are right there together also! My goal is 120-125. My highest was 216. I wonder what we look like by Christmas???

Jessica

Hi Sharon - The only things that seem to really work are a heating pad and walking. The problem is that I can't walk ALL day long and if I'm sitting with the heating pad' date=' it's puts me in a bad position for drinking my fluids, which are top priority. I'm praying a lot and doing a lot of self-talk because I know it will get better. I'd just like to know when!?!? I called doctor yesterday and have increased my GasX to the dose I was getting in the hospital vs. the packaging, but it's not making a huge difference. I've gone back to taking my Lortab when it gets unbearable because it helps take the edge off. I just called my husband to ask if he thought going to the chiropractor or getting a gentle massage would help, and he thinks it might be too soon. ???

Seriously, except for this pain, I feel great! I'm doing well with my full liquids - had some Soup, cream of wheat and greek yogurt. The fluids are still challenging to get all 64 oz of them down, but my stomach soreness is very manageable. My husband took our 1.5 year old to the babysitter this morning, but I managed to get my 6.5 year old off to school before the pain set in. I have a sneaking suspicion it's God way of making me slow down so I don't overdo it, but I will be singing His praises as soon as this part is behind me!!!

How are you feeling about starting your pre-op diet? Are you getting the supplies you need? Just think, this time next month you will be all set for your surgery! Yeah!!!

BTW, how tall are you? Our weight stats are very similar. I'm 5'2". Highest weight was 225, pre-op was about 206 and goal weight is 125. :)[/quote']

Im glad u mentioned having yogurt. I had some activia yesterday and then felt bad. Felt like i had cheated. Otherwise i was sticking to just Water and chicken broth. My surgery was 9/11/12. Good luck

Ice chips were my best friend for weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Kiwi, my husband went to Sonic and bought me a bag of their ice. They have the best little ice ever!

Hey there... I'm 5'1" and currently 208. We are right there together also! My goal is 120-125. My highest was 216. I wonder what we look like by Christmas???

Jessica

Our stats are very close. I'm pear shaped and carry the majority of my weight in my hips. Funny you mention Christmas, because just last night I was wondering if this would be the year I would allow myself to be in the Christmas card picture with my boys, which also means my hubby could be in the pic too. I was 206 on surgery day, 210 when I got home from the hospital, and this morning with my pajamas on, I was 201. :)

Im glad u mentioned having yogurt. I had some activia yesterday and then felt bad. Felt like i had cheated. Otherwise i was sticking to just Water and chicken broth. My surgery was 9/11/12. Good luck

Hi Darcy! Every doctor is different and has you progress at a different rate, but I'm 5 days post op and I'm allowed full liquids, which includes plain or light yogurt (no fruit on bottom or high sugar content), thinned hot Cereal and creamy Soup. Reg yogurt hurt my tummy pre-op, so I only eat Greek yogurt. I bought plain FF Greek and added a very small amount (tsp?) of banana cream SF FF pudding to it to take the edge off the sourness. I also thinned it out with lactose-free skim milk. It was yummy! I have found that the only broth I can tolerate is boullion. I can't drink the real stuff. I also drink hot caffeine free herbal tea. I can get lemon Propel down and I've also had spilt pea Soup (no bacon) thinned with milk. How long are you supposed to be on Clear Liquids?

Hi Darcy! Every doctor is different and has you progress at a different rate' date=' but I'm 5 days post op and I'm allowed full liquids, which includes plain or light yogurt (no fruit on bottom or high sugar content), thinned hot Cereal and creamy Soup. Reg yogurt hurt my tummy pre-op, so I only eat Greek yogurt. I bought plain FF Greek and added a very small amount (tsp?) of banana cream SF FF pudding to it to take the edge off the sourness. I also thinned it out with lactose-free skim milk. It was yummy! I have found that the only broth I can tolerate is boullion. I can't drink the real stuff. I also drink hot caffeine free herbal tea. I can get lemon Propel down and I've also had spilt pea soup (no bacon) thinned with milk. How long are you supposed to be on Clear Liquids? [/quote']

He said till my post OP, which is Monday, but says it's really up to me and what i can handle ad long as it's sugar free, non fat, or not chunky. So far i have done great with really thin hot cereal and activia (only a 1/4 at a time). My surgeon doesn't believe in the pre op diet. Just ad long as the day before i ate really light and not greasy foods. So there was no weaning into it. Plus I'm staying at a hotel. My surgery was done in Seattle and I'm from Montana, so I'm really limited to what i have available.

He said till my post OP' date=' which is Monday, but says it's really up to me and what i can handle ad long as it's sugar free, non fat, or not chunky. So far i have done great with really thin hot cereal and activia (only a 1/4 at a time). My surgeon doesn't believe in the pre op diet. Just ad long as the day before i ate really light and not greasy foods. So there was no weaning into it. Plus I'm staying at a hotel. My surgery was done in Seattle and I'm from Montana, so I'm really limited to what i have available.[/quote']

Sounds like you are doing well and have the same choices as me. I've tolerated everything so far except I had strained cream of celery Soup tonight and now my pouch is gurgling. I don't think I'll do the cream Soups anymore.

Sounds like you are doing well and have the same choices as me. I've tolerated everything so far except I had strained cream of celery Soup tonight and now my pouch is gurgling. I don't think I'll do the cream Soups anymore.

I finished my.oat meal from this morning.and now my pouch is doing.the same. Hope your evening goes ok.