Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters in February!

Well, I just got back from my first fill a little bit ago.

The doctor was awesome, but the fill wasn't smooth. It wasn't terrible either, though!

Apparently, my port is deep in and she had a hard time finding it. I thought I did it under fluoro, but it sounds different than others' experiences; it was still difficult. It hurt the first time she put the needle in so she sprayed me again and the second time it went in. I kept praying she'd find it.

Finally, she said she thought she had it and that if she was able to remove Fluid it meant she was in. Thankfully, she was able to insert and remove fluid! We were both relieved at that point.

She ended up putting 2.5cc in, which thrilled me. I was afraid she would only put 1cc in.

I'm on Clear liquids for two days and full liquids for two more days. I just ate a sf Jello and didn't feel restricted, but I'm hoping that's just because it's liquids. Unless, I'm still waiting for that stuffed feeling.

But I'm happy I got as much as I did and I really hope the scale starts going down again!

As for my port, I'm sure it's all the fat covering it! But, I do still feel a bit weird when I bend over and I have major scar tissue at the incision. It's very hard. I may e-mail my doc about it.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

I think I feel restriction! I did not eat very much today. And I could feel somethings sticking but then they go down. It was taking me a long time to eat and then I would be hungry like 1.5-2 hours later. I didnt drink with the meals either. ?!?

Hi Guys, I would like to join the challange, I have not had a fill yet either goinf feb 22, I am starving though, I have been eating fat fre pudding and surgar free Jello, Iam doin 32 pounds, but you know whats wierd my clothes are bigger all around except my stomach. Can we do stomach excercises, i have beginning to run and walk now. Please let me know, email address also, is teatea6931@yahoo.com

Hi to all, enjoying reading all your posts today. Today I was with a group of people (co-workers) that do not know I am banded, they served me a bunch of food....and I just picked at it. But so much of it was getting stuck.....it was chicken and shrimp with some filipino noodles.. pansit. I would take smaller bites, and chew chew chew, but I could not seem to get it past the band, thought I was gonna PB in front of every one, which has not yet happened to me. Well, I couldn't eat any more than those 3 bites I tried, and everyone was asking why I wasn't eating, if I didn't like their food, I tried to distract them by changing the subject,,,but I think someone's feeling were hurt. Oh well, I'm sure they will forget soon enough....maybe they will stop feeding me...that would be a big help!

I had my first fill on Feb 3rd, 1.2 cc's. I don't feel alot of restiction, but my problem is when I eat a bandster portion, say 1/2- 3/4 cup of food, I am hungry a couple hours later. My doctors advice was to not eat between meals..."eat small portions of good quality food three times a day, no eating between meals". I'm sure someone would lose weight eating like this...excuse me, anyone would. But, I can't seem to go another 2-3 hrs with my stomach growling as loud as a garbage disposal.

Sorry this post is so long, but I really feel like sharing tonight.

Beth

Banded 12/20/06

Dr De La Garza

Monterrey Mx

Beth- I have the same problem with feeling hungry 2 hours later sometimes less than 2 hours. I ve posted about it and I have been told it is common. I am also told that I shouldnt eat inbetween meals but my SIL who had baratric surg states she eats 5-6 small meals a day and it works better. Of course all we can really eat is small meals. I think we are going to have to find what works for us as an indivdual. I hate being hungry after an hour.

I've been wondering about the eating between meals thing.

I'm so used to being told to eat 3 meals and 2 Snacks that now I don't know what to do.

Maybe I'll do a poll...

Down 35 pounds, but can't wait for my first fill on 2-22, i have been working out, walking, and trying to run a little, I am loosing everywhere except my stomach, go figure the place i want it most and suggestions, i have not did any crunches yet i am waiting to I ee the dr.

Theresa

Texas

Dr.Carter Banded me

I was banded the 19th of December and I was told after six weeks it was okay to do ab workouts. I started out with little and it didn't bother me, so I am up to 200 crunches a night. Right now I can do 100 and then 2 sets of 50. I hope to work up to all 200 at once. I'm just walking and doing the elliptical right now. I should get into the weights, but haven't yet... I can't get excited about that one yet.

As far as the eating I was also told not to eat between meals and I can eat way more than what they say I should, but I still am losing so I'm not to worried about it. I have not had a fill yet. I can eat a wheat sandwich or pita pocket at lunch with a few baked chips, part of an apple and a 100 calorie pack for a treat and be full until dinner though. I have tried to just fill up at meal times and then drink in the afternoon and stay statisfied. I think you have to find your own full point without overfilling.

I love reading everyones thoughts... Thanks for sharing!

I have a question for everybody, I am wondering if this is just happening to me. I was banded 12-26-06 but had been dieting a couple months before surgery and have lost almost 60 pounds, a lot in my face, now at work I get, are you eating enough? Your face looks so thin and I am worried if you are eating enough. I eat fine, too much in my book, doctor says I am fine, I just wonder if anyone else gets this or is it just me? They all know about the having surgery, I just wonder if anyone else has to hear this too?

It's funny, in my life I've been fat and skinny a few times and I have had that happen to me... you have lost so much weight you had better stop you look to thin. I laugh and say what are you talking about, you are skinnier than me! I think people are so use to seeing you with a little weight on that when you start to lose they just are used to it and the comments start. They will get use to the new you! Great job!

Sometimes we get what I call "the baratric look" when the face slims way down and the body is still plump. It seems like most of us lose in the face first or maybe in is just the part of our body that is always visible unlike our belly, legs etc. Since it is the part people see the most it is most noticeable the rest of the plump parts will catch up and I bet people will stop saying it.

I'm Back! This has been a crazy week. I finally sold my house. It's been on the market for months, so that feels great. Hopefully this 5-day inspection phase will go well, too. Next comes a HUGE yard sale! Yesterday I viewed 11 houses and bought a new-construction one in a development. I never wanted to live in a housing development, but we landed a house with only one neighbor on one side and a green belt to the other side and in the back. Best of all, an unheard of 3.75% interest rate is the only way I could afford this.

I guess I'm rambling...

My sprained ankle turns out to be a bit broken as well. I will have an MRI in a week after teh swelling goes down. Then I may need surgery to tighten the ligaments and remove the bone fragment. Good grief! Just when I was gearing up to work out again! To top it off, I can't even swim yet! I think this past week I have gone back to some poor eating habits. I guess I am not just a bordom eater, but a stress one, too. Was the sugar-free coffee ice cream really worth the weight gain? Of course not! Tomorrow is my first fill so I am looking forward to restriction again.

Saturday I take off for Nashville with a 15 YO aspiring country music star. He's like a nephew and can hardly contain him excitement. I'm glad to have a fill before getting there. Have you tried fried pickles? Actually, fried everything the last time I went there. My friend wants me to booze it up with her, but obviously that can't happen. (She's having us stay with her.)

Well, I guess that's the Jeri-catch-up-minute. :)

It sounds like others have had ups and downs, too, but everyone is plodding along nicely.

Peace!

Boy, I wish someone would tell me I'm losing weight too fast! ;-) LOL I doubt that will EVER Happen to me!

Siyah, congrats on selling your house! That is so exciting!!! Moving is always stressful, but worth it in the end! :)

So I posted the other day about port pain...I had some severe pain and thought maybe my port had flipped or something. I did a search on this site and found a post by someone who said that right before her period she got this pain...and I got my period yesterday and voila! The pain is gone!! So bizzare that PMSing causes port pain...but it's way better than the alternative (port flipping or infection)!! So just in case any of you experience it....keep in mind what time of the month it is!

hi every one i miss u so much .. i was very busy in the last 2 weeks so i coudnot be here .

i am going to my second fill in 4 days and right now i feel like thier is no restriction at all .. but i try not to eat more than 800 cal/day.

today is stephc birthday

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :happybday2:

i hope she enjoy the day:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :) :) :confused:

how r u bandsters .. i have been tooooo busy to be here with u ..

i am having my second fill in two days and now i don't feel any restriction .. but i still on 800 cal each day ..

i am going to weight my self tomorrow in the first time in 3 weeks .. wish me luck

today is Stephc birthday ..

:happybday2: :happybday2: :happybday2:

i hope she enjoy the day :happybday: :rockon: :) :confused: :)