Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Pissed!

Just found out on Friday that I have to wait 3 more months to get my surgery, and my surgeon is a jerk so I'm going to ask my PCM to refer me to a new surgeon and hopefully I can be done with thus process by next month. I just can't believe they would tell me that. I have tri care and my PCM approves of me doing thus so why should I have to wait 3 more months and they don't even try to work with me and my schedule and I have to drive an hour away to get there I mean come on!! This is some bull crap. I just want to give up so bad but my husband says I've come this far why stop now, it's just frustrating to here that you have done everything to lose weight on your own and when you need help with it they tell you no. I need a surgeon that can work with me and not cause all of this stress ????

I just don't know what to do at thus point I'm going to talk to my PCM Thursday and see if he can help me with this problem and find me a better surgeon . For the people that have tri care what did you do to make the process faster and have surgery in a time frame that wasn't 4 months down the road I can't wait that long. And who do I talk to with my Heath insurance about speeding the process up, I've written a letter but I think my pmc may have to talk to them about it....

If anyone can help me get throu this it will be greatly appreciated ????

I have Tricare Reserve Select and they said I had to do the 3 months of monitored weight loss, not the dr. When you think of it that it took years to get all this weight on us.... 4 months for this "tool" to help you get it off isnt too long.

I know its hard to wait...trust me!! And my Dr's office can confirm...I am not long on patience!! But it's a process. Any surgeon you go to, unless you're paying cash up front will make you do what your insurance requires..... and tricare is set, they wont change the rules.... I tried!!

Best of luck, trust the process and let it work for you. The 3 months of weight loss and learning process you go through will be helpful, and the time will FLY by, promise!!

I started in April....my surgery is TODAY! It goes quick!

Hey hun I know what you mean tri care is fine but everything on my docs end is taking forever all I had to do was a ekg some blood work history of weightloss attemps and a phy eval ( I go tomarrow) and see the nutritionist which they are taking forever to let me see ugh so glad I'm not the only one having problems

My insurance requests 6 months weigh-in and I'm on my third, but it IS so frustrating when you are mentally ready to have the surgery right away. Take the 3 months as a time to prepare for the surgery in terms of cutting out what you can so it won't be such a drastic change after surgery. Good luck and hang in there. It will go fast! :) :)

Hang in there! Hopefully you will be good to go soon!

Surgiversary 07/24/12 Sent from my iPhone.

I don't think there is a single person on this forum that cannot relate to your frustration at the time the process takes but...perhaps you may have unrealistic expectations? If you read other posts on the forum, there are tons of them, I think you'll find that on the average the process takes three to six months. If you can get it all done in three months, that's really quite good. Again, we can all relate to wanting to get it done asap. But it is what it is. Stressing out over it will not likely change the timing. And changing surgeons probably will not either. Your surgeon may well be a jerk. But there are a lot of things that have to be accomplished with and by the insurance company before the surgeon can move forward. Patience is not only a virtue, it's a necessity. Pre-op and post-op.

Absolutely. Couldn't have said it better myself, DLC. Waiting sucks but in the end, anything worth having, is worth fighting for. It'll all pay off in the end!

I know it's a long process I just have to keep busy and continue to workout 5 days a week and do my spin classes 3 times a day!!! And next month I'm going to go to a support group meeting for people that are still pre op. thanks to everyone for the words of encouragement :)

My insurance requires 6 months of dr supervised diet. BUT I was able to get everything done in 60 days. It is possible. But you have to be your own advocate. My surgeons insurance coordinator told me I might be denied because I didn't wait 6 months but I had faith And said I wanted to see if they would approve me and they did within 3 days. But I also should tell you that I am 3 weeks post op and there are times I regret it. Because you will never know how much your life will change until you do it. I miss my foods so much and I am now totally lactose intolarant but I am feeling better little by little. Try to tell them what you want. And you just might get it.

My insurance requires 6 months of dr supervised diet. BUT I was able to get everything done in 60 days. It is possible. But you have to be your own advocate. My surgeons insurance coordinator told me I might be denied because I didn't wait 6 months but I had faith And said I wanted to see if they would approve me and they did within 3 days. But I also should tell you that I am 3 weeks post op and there are times I regret it. Because you will never know how much your life will change until you do it. I miss my foods so much and I am now totally lactose intolarant but I am feeling better little by little. Try to tell them what you want. And you just might get it.

So did you just submit to insurance before the 6 months were completed?

From start to finish it took me 7 1/2 months to get my surgery. The time has flown by and I can't believe I had my surgery. Just be diligent and do what your told the time really will be here before you know it. Good luck!

Yep

Oh wow that's amazing you were approved without full completion of six months of weigh-ins.

Just found out on Friday that I have to wait 3 more months to get my surgery' date=' and my surgeon is a jerk so I'm going to ask my PCM to refer me to a new surgeon and hopefully I can be done with thus process by next month. I just can't believe they would tell me that. I have tri care and my PCM approves of me doing thus so why should I have to wait 3 more months and they don't even try to work with me and my schedule and I have to drive an hour away to get there I mean come on!! This is some bull crap. I just want to give up so bad but my husband says I've come this far why stop now, it's just frustrating to here that you have done everything to lose weight on your own and when you need help with it they tell you no. I need a surgeon that can work with me and not cause all of this stress dde21

I just don't know what to do at thus point I'm going to talk to my PCM Thursday and see if he can help me with this problem and find me a better surgeon . For the people that have tri care what did you do to make the process faster and have surgery in a time frame that wasn't 4 months down the road I can't wait that long. And who do I talk to with my Heath insurance about speeding the process up, I've written a letter but I think my pmc may have to talk to them about it....

If anyone can help me get throu this it will be greatly appreciated dde0a[/quote']

I have tri care also and it took almost 7 months , mainlly because my doctor was slow rolling. But I had to attend 2 support groups a month apart, 2 nutrition appointments a month apart, tri care makes you see a heart doctor for testing I believe just a ultrasound, blood work,a sleep study, and pulmonary doctor for testing of your lungs, and the physc, than after tricare approves you you do more testing, blood work, EKG ,chest x ray, another bariatric pre surgery class... The process took forever. My surgery ended being done on my husbands deployment day

7*10*12

Oh wow that's amazing you were approved without full completion of six months of weigh-ins.

Ikr I was hopeful to get approved but I knew they might say no. But I was seriously like BMI of 46