Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any post ops on here swallowing any large-ish pills? What about those of you on antibiotics? What are you taking and in what form? I have to take antibiotics for my infected incision and the on call doctor (not a bariatric surgeon) prescribed Keflex capsules. I opened one tonight and put the powder in yogurt and it was awful. I gagged. I take Zyrtec and Pepcid with no problems' date=' but the capsule is bigger.[/quote']

keflex comes in liquid. call your doctor tomorrow and have them call your pharmacy for a new script for the liquid.

keflex comes in liquid. call your doctor tomorrow and have them call your pharmacy for a new script for the liquid.

Good to know. My doctor cleared me for taking Tylenol, but these are a little bigger. I think I will try one tomorrow and if I have trouble, then I will ask for the liquid. Thanks!

Surgery is in 8 and a half hours and I am at the ER with one of my daughters with high fever. I came instead of my hubby because I figured I would be doped up all day tomorrow, he's the one that has to care for our 4 kiddos and needs the rest:) I hope all those that are still having pain get relief soon and those who are having surgery the same day as me have a smooth surgery. Prayers for everyone.

Prayers for all of those having surgery this week... Our September to Remember is almost over. Hey.... That would be a good name for the Facebook page...lol. Looking forward to the roads ahead with all my new family from here! God bless everyone!

Jessica

Thank you Lana!! I'm leaving for the hospital now...alittle nervous but I'm fine....will update later

Ty Jessica

Thank you Amazeyem and Ciaobella! It helps to know others have made it. Tomorrow's my big day. Congratulations to everybody. Good luck to my surgery buddies. I'll be thinking of you. Now, time to buy feed for the cattle, finish laundry, and get packed up. Hope I don't forget anything.

Good luck to everyone who is having surgery!! My thoughts and prayers are with you!!

Any post ops on here swallowing any large-ish pills? What about those of you on antibiotics? What are you taking and in what form? I have to take antibiotics for my infected incision and the on call doctor (not a bariatric surgeon) prescribed Keflex capsules. I opened one tonight and put the powder in yogurt and it was awful. I gagged. I take Zyrtec and Pepcid with no problems' date=' but the capsule is bigger.[/quote']

Hi Maria :) sorry to have read u also got an incision infection it's the pits! I was prescribed a liquid pediatric antibiotic clindamycin it tastes awful as well lol I take a birth control pill fine :) hope ur infection clears up soon ;)

Omg they gave me cipro and I could not find it on liquid so I had to crush it up.I just stopped taking it. But you can't as keflex.is the best for skin infection. Maybe 250mg will be smaller and just take it more often.

Prayers for all of those having surgery this week... Our September to Remember is almost over. Hey.... That would be a good name for the Facebook page...lol. Looking forward to the roads ahead with all my new family from here! God bless everyone!

Jessica

Cool name are you sure it will be easy to fine as that was also the month of 9/11. So there are alot of tribute pages to that event? How about, the losers bench.. Like baseball, our phase is "we are in a league of are own"

Thank you Amazeyem and Ciaobella! It helps to know others have made it. Tomorrow's my big day. Congratulations to everybody. Good luck to my surgery buddies. I'll be thinking of you. Now' date=' time to buy feed for the cattle, finish laundry, and get packed up. Hope I don't forget anything.[/quote']

Socks...bring socks..lol..phone charger. Be safe see you on the losers bench.

You have to remember you just had surgery. Tell your husband and son that if they don't help then your going away for a few days and they will have to do everything themselves. Hopefully they will help when you tell them that

Thank you..I just had a woman call me on base and offer to clean My house 2 times a week for free for the next month and she will do the clean out of the old house and a pre clean of the new house before a move in..thank God for military wives..my husband is so busy as grid getting ready to leave again. My son plays sports n works. I'm sure my OCD doesn't help as I have to have a very very clean house. Lol

Thank you Amazeyem and Ciaobella! It helps to know others have made it. Tomorrow's my big day. Congratulations to everybody. Good luck to my surgery buddies. I'll be thinking of you. Now, time to buy feed for the cattle, finish laundry, and get packed up. Hope I don't forget anything.

You really don't need much for the hospital. I think someone already said socks and a phone charger. The only other things I found useful were my own chapstick/lip balm (the hospital will give you some, but it's not as good), an elastic band for my hair, slippers, and a robe (only because it's sometimes cold in the hallways when you're walking. I did have my own toiletries, but the hospital provided a complete kit for me. I was only in the hospital for a little over 24 hours and between walking and sipping, I had no time nor was I in any condition to read or do anything else.

Wishing you a safe surgery tomorrow and a speedy, complication-free recovery!!

Hi Maria :) sorry to have read u also got an incision infection it's the pits! I was prescribed a liquid pediatric antibiotic clindamycin it tastes awful as well lol I take a birth control pill fine :) hope ur infection clears up soon ;)

Thanks Jessica! How is your incision doing? Thankfully, my infection doesn't appear to be that bad. The hole is already closing up and has pretty much stopped draining. Paying close attention to our bodies is crucial. I inspect my incisions daily - at least the areas I could see around the steristrips - and knew immediately something wasn't right. Light pink + increased pain at site = infection. As soon as I pulled the corner of the steristrip back, it started to drain. Within an hour, I had spoken with the on call doctor and had my antibiotics in hand. Thank goodness my body made a hole and I didn't have to go through what you did!