Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my surgery on 6/6. I came home Friday afternoon. I have been drinking only Carnation instant Breakfast, 4oz every 2 hrs and then Water, tea etc during the other hour. I really need to know if I can eat anything else. I don't think I can do this for 3 weeks. I need to call the doctor tomorrow as I can't take this, it's awful. I read lots of things where people love this and are doing so great....how are they doing it for the first three weeks. Can someone write down what they ate so I can see some options? Ay help is appreciated, I feel like crap!

I'm 4 day post op and on the clear liquid diet. I eat at each meal two of the following - fruit popscicle, sugar free Jello, watered down juice, broth (homemade chicken, vegetable, beef) or miso Soup. I have had no shakes or carnation drinks as I was told by dr not to because of the calories in them. I also have the Isopure clear liquid Protein to drink as well. I'm never hungry and honestly I walk 4 times a day outside in the fresh air for 15 min (.53 miles) each time and that helps with the pain immensely!! I don't walk fast but I walk and pause if needed. I started that the day of surgery just not outside. It's the key to pain control for me. Of course I'm in norco too.

Anyway that's what I do! Popscicles are my favorite they're like heaven!! I got the fruit ones and they are amazingly yummy.

Oh amount of broth is 2 oz and I eat over an hour

Josee weren't those popscicles the best? I just had mine for breakfast. I got up went on my walk and had my popscicle- been a good day so far

Does the cold from the popsicle cause any discomfort? My surgeon said room temp or warm but no cold as it can cause pain under the breast bone.

None at all and that's what they gave me in the hospital. The cold feels good actually and the taste is great.

I'm also on popsicle,lipton Soup ceamy cup soup Water down,carnation instand breakfast,water,OJ,diet snapple,sometimes coconut Water.< /p>

It's not easy and with this lack of food I'm surprise I'm not already skinny.

I'm also on popsicle' date='lipton Soup ceamy cup soup Water down,carnation instand breakfast,water,OJ,diet snapple,sometimes coconut Water.

It's not easy and with this lack of food I'm surprise I'm not already skinny.[/quote']

I'm really surprised you're allowed to have OJ and coconut water. If you read the labels you will see that there are tons of sugar carbs. My nutritionist advised to not have more than 5 grams of sugar carbs per meal. Be careful, I know you're just taking in very small amounts at this time but by the end of the day it can really add up.

Congrats on your success so far! I know the first few weeks are so hard but I think you are doing great!

I heard no OJ or any citrus for awhile cause it irritates the pouch - something like that. Which I hope changes after awhile cause I like lemon as a seasoning. Anyone else hear this too?

I can have all the liquids broth, Jello, etc all day and count it as liquids. Also can " eat" every 3 to 4 hours one to two tbsps of Pauline Greek yogurt, cream of wheat with skim milk, low fat cottage cheese blended, black Beans or refried ff beans blended. I drink one bottle of Isopure daily as it has 40 grams Protein ...not a fan of the Protein Shakes soothe isopure is a lifesaver! Also there is nit much protein in a tbsp of anything and I only eat the cream of wheat and cottage cheese and only able to eat a tbsp if that...then I cannot drink anything for an hour after I eat.

I think from my papers it is more the pulp. It says from my surgeon > avoid fibrous foods they may block the opening leading out of your stomach. NO COCONUT EVER! Citrus pulp, nut, celery, asparagus, and other fibrous items will need to be reintroduced into your diet when you add back raw veggies.

Ok thanks Nita that's a relief lol

I'm really surprised you're allowed to have OJ and coconut Water. If you read the labels you will see that there are tons of sugar carbs. My nutritionist advised to not have more than 5 grams of sugar carbs per meal. Be careful' date=' I know you're just taking in very small amounts at this time but by the end of the day it can really add up.

Congrats on your success so far! I know the first few weeks are so hard but I think you are doing great![/quote']

I had coconut Water one time only. I do read the sugar ingredients & calories. It was like a treat for me.