Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NW Houston Support Groups

Hi, I live in Hearthstone and am having my surgery on Wednesday of this week. Would love to support each other and anyone else that is in this areas.

Are you currently banded and if so how long ago?

:)

looking for a support group, I live hwy 6 & 529 area:help:

:) hello, i also live in nw and will have my surgery on 2/9 i would love to share my story with everyone and to be of help to everyone that is going to have this surgery. please keep in touch and lets keep the family of bandsters growing.:clap2:

Hi, I live in Hearthstone and am having my surgery on Wednesday of this week. Would love to support each other and anyone else that is in this areas.

Are you currently banded and if so how long ago?

:) hi im also a patient of dr. spivak,i will have my surgery on 2/9. i would like to know how was your experience with dr.spivak,and also to cheer you on..... good luck!:clap2:

I live on the NW side and work in the energy corridor.... maybe we could start our own little support group!

Krissy! how are you? It's hard to believe almost a year and a half has passed so fast! I've only managed to lose 62 lbs - but I haven't always sticked to the "rules".

Is anyone interested in getting together to chat? Perhaps meeting for a liquid beverage - smoothie King/Starbucks!?

I'm in Copperfield (West Rd/Telge) -- let's try to set something up!

Karla

I live at West Road near Barker Cypress!! We are REALLy close to each other. I'm thinking of joining that new gym they're building on Queenston...have you seen it?

Hi Terry! Yes, I noticed they were putting a new fitness place there.. something with 19 in the name? So, I wonder if it will be $19/mo? If there's no contract to sign then you don't have too much to lose.

I wouldn't mind seeing what it's about once they open, maybe we can get a little workout group going???!!! MOTIVATION :girl_hug:

I was a member of the Y for several years but always felt akward going there (like I was out of place). Know what I mean?

Karla

We were members of the Y, too, but I never stepped foot in the place!! It always looked SOOOO crowded and lots of cute, fit young moms and dads going in and out. I was just feeling too frumpy and embarrassed. I have to do something to get active and have no place for any equipment in my house. I am not the best at staying motivated, but I thought I would try this: I will try going to Fitness 19 (?) for 6 months and if I go consistently then I will reward myself by then getting a membership at LA FItness (over by Kohl's). It's a nicer club and there's also one right by my office -- in case they allow reciprocal priviledges.

I'm game for getting together if you are! You know how it is...always better to have a workout buddy. At least I know it helps me to stay motivated.

Do you work? Have kids?

HI Terry :girl_hug: Absolutely! I'm willing to try Fitness 19.

I'm divorced with a 10 yr old son, and overweight to boot.. so, I always felt out of place at the Y!!! Although I love this area because of the family environment, there are some drawbacks!

Yep, I work myself to death doing a job I'm not appreciated for. Oops did I say that? Customer service rep for a manuf/distributing co.

How 'bout you... are you getting excited about your upcoming band surgery??? Do you like Dr Spivak?! I had nothing but good experiences.

Any kiddos, hubby?

Can't we get our other NW Houston friends to say hello?!!!!

Karla

Oh, this IS getting exciting! Well, yes, I am somewhat nervous about my surgery but know that it is absolutely the right thing to be doing. And I'm not nervous about the surgery itself. But I AM nervous about the various restrictions on what I can eat afterwards....hearing people say they can't eat lettuce and chicken and asparagus....YIKES. Right now I eat salads with chicken at least 5x a week. I don't like to cook. I guess I will if I have to. :) I'm sure I'll adjust and find my groove.

I work in the oil biz as an exec. secretary....I've been there 20 years and I like it well enough. Great people and a fair wage...can't complain. I just want to RETIRE!!! I'm divorced with a daughter (13) and son (16) and I remarried 6 years ago. Life is good! And I'm damn tired of being FAT!!! I've been overweight since I was 10 years old. 38 years. Long enough!

I'll PM you with my phone number/email address.... let's get together!

Hi all, AnotherMe

Sorry, I haven't been on in awhile! I've been bad lately.......i was down to 162 in Nov, got a bad chest cold and was unfilled, I did ok until January and have gone down hill from there. I think I've been as high as 180. I need to go get a fill but I'm to embarrassed. I joined weight watchers last week, hoping to get back on track:(. I'm game if anyone wants to have a lil meeting/get-together support group.

Krissy

Hi! Just saw this post. I live in the NW area and we have a GREAT support group that meets every other Tuesday at Alicia's Mexican Restaurant----in fact we are meeting tomorrow night at about 5:45----at 290 and Cypress Rose Hill next to Spec's . There are about 8---and growing----some that just had surgery and some that are a year out---we would love to have you----

email me.

Amanda

Adnamateach@yahoo.com

Hi! Just saw this post. I live in the NW area and we have a GREAT support group that meets every other Tuesday at Alicia's Mexican Restaurant----in fact we are meeting tomorrow night at about 5:45----at 290 and Cypress Rose Hill next to Spec's . There are about 8---and growing----some that just had surgery and some that are a year out---we would love to have you----

email me.

Amanda

Adnamateach@yahoo.com

I must be destined NOT to join a (live) support group -- both that are good for me meet on Tues. nights....and I can't DO Tuesday nights :) . Oh well, I'll keep trolling!

Hi neighbors! We should all try to get together, I realize it's hard with all of our crazy schedules. We should just pick a date and DO IT!

Terry, how did surgery go? Are you recovering nicely?

Did you get a chance to call Fitness 19? I want to stop by there this weekend, I'd really like to join. We'll be workout buddies!

Karla