Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

South Beach Diet Bandsters???

My goals today:

Eat 2000 calories or less

Eat soft stuff in the morning that is high in Protein

Drink 8 glasses of H20

Exercise, either run or bike

Also clean my pigsty of a downstairs. It looks like a bear lives there.

Hi skyblu,

How exciting for you about your pre-op diet. Audree and I were banded on the same day and she is doing awesome. I am doing pretty good too and am VERY happy with my results.

I do think it is really interesting to watch how Audree and I are doing, as she has been stringent about doing everything right. I have had more ups and downs, which is totally fine with me... but it does go to show you that the better you follow everything, the better you will do. But it also goes to show you that even if you aren't perfect, you can still have great results with the band.

I am on the Susan Beach diet, so I can't tell you about the South Beach, but I like the accountability of this thread.

By the way Audree, I hope you don't feel like I am putting pressure on you to do everything right all the time. I just think it is neat and I think it is really interesting to watch how we both do since we are sort of in the same weight category and were banded on the same day.

Hi, I just started today for my 2 week pre-op diet.

For Breakfast I had 2 turkey sausage patties and 2 boiled eggs.< /p>

Snack- string cheese

For lunch, I brought some lettuce rollup (turkey and cheese) and Jello. I thought about getting a small side salad, but it has pecans in it.

Are pecans okay for the 1st 2 week? I just got the book last night from a friend and I haven't had a chance to read it. Thanks for any info.

10 pecans are okay in phase 1 South Beach!!!

You are doing very well! Did you doctor ask you to do South Beach for preop? It is healthier than doing Atkins, since it focuses on healthier fats and carbs.

I like you menu!!!

Keep up the good work!!!:clap2:

My goals today:

Eat 2000 calories or less

Eat soft stuff in the morning that is high in Protein

Drink 8 glasses of H20

Exercise, either run or bike

Also clean my pigsty of a downstairs. It looks like a bear lives there.

I am just curious about the daily calorie. My nutrionist told me to keep it between 1200-1500 a day. A lot better than some that I hear they are being told between 600-800 or 800-900!

Maybe you can take off 100 calories a day till you reach the 1200-1500 range. When I eat higher in calories, I review my menu and try to see what I could cut out next time. It is usually something easy to take out. And I try to add in something yummy and lower in calories to substitute.

Just an idea!!!

:)

Thanks for responding supergenius....I am more excited about surgery than this pre-op diet. It's good so far, but I am on day 1. I am grateful I just have a low-carb and no a liquid diet or something.

I ended up not getting the salad and just had my lettuce wraps and sf Jello.< /p>

Hi skyblu,

How exciting for you about your pre-op diet. Audree and I were banded on the same day and she is doing awesome. I am doing pretty good too and am VERY happy with my results.

I do think it is really interesting to watch how Audree and I are doing, as she has been stringent about doing everything right. I have had more ups and downs, which is totally fine with me... but it does go to show you that the better you follow everything, the better you will do. But it also goes to show you that even if you aren't perfect, you can still have great results with the band.

I am on the Susan Beach diet, so I can't tell you about the South Beach, but I like the accountability of this thread.

By the way Audree, I hope you don't feel like I am putting pressure on you to do everything right all the time. I just think it is neat and I think it is really interesting to watch how we both do since we are sort of in the same weight category and were banded on the same day.

No prob!!!:) I know we will all cross the finish line!!! Some a little faster, some a few steps behind, but the beauty of the band is we will all get there!!! YIIIPPPYYY

I think my eating style has a lot to do with my personality. I am an all or nothing type of person. Sometimes good, sometimes very bad trait. In the past with my dieting, I would go for it full steam ahead as long as the weight kept dropping. When it stopped, I'd get discouraged, then hit the nothing side of all or nothing.

I am just so excited and motivated by the changes I see and the weight loss that it is keeping me really motivated. I also have a vision in my head of where I want to be and by when.

Also, I have 2 main goals. The first one, is to lose as much as I possibly can by my step daughters wedding on March 17. I am the maid of honor!!! And my husbands EX will be there, and she is a little skinny ...... woman! She used to make comments about me when my husband and I were dating saying " I didn't know you liked fat girls" and would make comments about my big butt to the girls when they were little.

All that has long ended, my niceness wore her down finally. But, the memory of what she said stayed and spurs me on to look as HOT as I can the day of the wedding!!!! I have 40 or so days till then.

My second goal is my 12 year wedding anniversary July 12. I have never ever been able to wear cute clothes in the summer or bathing suits. For once in my life and expecially now that I am married, I'd like to go on a trip for my anniversary and look cute with little shorts, tops, short skirts and a bikini!!!! My mom owns a condo in Las Vegas and I have a vision of myself at the pool!!!!!

I am eating so well on the Beach and my sugar and carb cravings are in check, so there is nothing I really want to cheat with, food wise.

I have no restriction, but the Protein keeps me satisfied and pretty full. I have been averaging about 1200 calories a day. I keep a count just for my information, but eventually won't since you don't have to count calories on the Beach!!!! YEAH:clap2:

Thanks for responding supergenius....I am more excited about surgery than this pre-op diet. It's good so far, but I am on day 1. I am grateful I just have a low-carb and no a liquid diet or something.

I ended up not getting the salad and just had my lettuce wraps and sf Jello.< /p>

Your pre op was better than mine!!! You are doing great!

Audree,

I know that the calorie count is way too high, especially since I haven't lost weight since the first 2 weeks. I am just stable now. I just also know I am still battling hunger some, scheduling and learing to follow the bandster rules.

Yesterday I did an hour of really good cardio. I work out a lot, and do pretty high intensity stuff... so I figure I have SOME leeway. I would like to be able to eat and be satisfied with 1500 calories a day. I think I would lose my weight with that and still be able to do the sports I like.

I hope when I have the fill I won't be as hungry. So the next 2 weeks I am going to really try to get the rest of the bandster rules as a habit. As you know, I still struggle with eating too fast, too big of bites, not enough Protein.

I am not gaining weight at this level and I am not eating the 3500-4000 calories a day I was eating before so that is good. That is a very good idea to just lower it 100 calories at a time. I tried for 1800 yesterday and ended up with 2100.

10 pecans are okay in phase 1 South Beach!!!

You are doing very well! Did you doctor ask you to do South Beach for preop? It is healthier than doing Atkins, since it focuses on healthier fats and carbs.

I like you menu!!!

Keep up the good work!!!:clap2:

He told me just to do a low-carb diet similar to South Beach. He said that he prefers SB over Atkins. So far, I have only read this thread and a few other sites, so I still probably doing a SB/Atkins combo. I don't really know the difference other than lean meats. I think I will like SB better, no counting carbs and I can have nuts!! The sf Jello I got has a SB stamp.

I hope I am doing it right. I am going to try and skim the book tonight.

Thanks!!!

Your pre op was better than mine!!! You are doing great!

Thanks you are too!! You will be @ your goal before you know it!!:)

Breakfast (had it late): 2 scrambled eggs, 3 sausages and 2 bacon (left behing ham, hash browns and pancakes-Dad took me out to Denny's)

Snack: 5 almonds

snack (took my kids to the park and had a picnic): 2 Laughing Cow cheese, 2 string cheese, 1 sugar free fruit pop

Dinner: 5 small chicken mozerlla meatballs in marinera sauce

Calories: between 1100-1200

Exercise: I took my kids to the park and ran around so I was too tired to exercise

Mood: I was feeling good, then I was feeling kinda emotional. I skipped my period last month, was actually due to start the day of surgery. So, I feel very premenstual, all the symptoms, more hungrier than usual, emotional, wide range of moods. The only thing I don't really feel is bloated like I used to. I hope I start before Fridays weigh in.

Liquids: 64 ounces of watered down Crystal Light with Pure Lemon

Supplements: 1 tbsp. Glacial Milk, 1 QuickSlim30 and 1 Biotin

Breakfast (9:30am): 2 Morning Star sausage patties (160 cals)

2 eggs (140 cals) with salsa

Lunch: 10 almonds

Snack: 2 Laughing Cow cheese

Dinner: carnitas, black Beans and salsa

Snack: sugar free fudgesicle

Liquids: 60 ounces of watered down Crystal Light and 1 packet of True Lemon

Supplements: 1 tbsp. Glacial Milk liquid Vitamin, 1 QuickSlim30, 1 Biotin

Exercise: 1/2 hour of Core Basics dance workout

Audree, what is the brand of the chicken meatballs? I go to Sams all the time. But I am in Texas. We may not have the same suppliers down here that you do.

They really sound good.

Okay guys, I don't feel like exercising today. But I have no excuse other than I don't feel like it. If anyone feels like giving me some encouragement/kick in the pants, please feel free.

Susan, I know it is hard, but you need to do it! Get yourself up and just do it. It will be over and done before you know it and then you will be glad you did it.

How's that?! :-)