Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op Update And Mental Hunger

I'm 5 days post op now and everything is going great. Ive been on a diet of tea and Water since Tuesday and i just started my Protein Drinks and broth today. I've lost 11 lbs since Thursday, but I think most of that was Water weight since I gained 4 lbs of water weight in the hospital.

On the day of surgery I was 263, when I came home I was 267, this morning I was 256. The pain is just beginning to go away and body is beginning to adjust I hope.

However, I have nearly constant nausea. I feel like I'm on the verge of a major headache and vomiting all the time. They gave me Zofran for that which helps. They were actually very concerned about my nausea since I threw up twice in the hospital and the last time it was blood. They said I've got some reflux from where my Lapband was and that could have caused some irritation, but there are no leaks.

My problem now is the mental hunger. I didn't have the remorse feeling I was told I would but instead I can't watch tv without wanting everything I see. I'm not hungry at all which is great, but I want to eat. I feel like I'm missing out. When my friend that's staying with this first week makes food, I find myself staring at and sniffing her food. The weird thing is its the healthy food I want. She was eating a bag of raw carrots last night and just the sound of the crunching was appetizing. On the other hand I saw a picture of chilli cheese fries and it made me queasy. The taste of the broth helped, but I can't wait till I get the clearance for Jello. It's amazing how the simpliest things seem like a four star meal when you haven't eaten in a while. I just keep telling myself eating at this stage will hurt more than I already do.

I'm 5 days post op now and everything is going great. Ive been on a diet of tea and Water since Tuesday and i just started my Protein drinks and broth today. I've lost 11 lbs since Thursday' date=' but I think most of that was Water weight since I gained 4 lbs of water weight in the hospital.

On the day of surgery I was 263, when I came home I was 267, this morning I was 256. The pain is just beginning to go away and body is beginning to adjust I hope.

However, I have nearly constant nausea. I feel like I'm on the verge of a major headache and vomiting all the time. They gave me Zofran for that which helps. They were actually very concerned about my nausea since I threw up twice in the hospital and the last time it was blood. They said I've got some reflux from where my Lapband was and that could have caused some irritation, but there are no leaks.

My problem now is the mental hunger. I didn't have the remorse feeling I was told I would but instead I can't watch tv without wanting everything I see. I'm not hungry at all which is great, but I want to eat. I feel like I'm missing out. When my friend that's staying with this first week makes food, I find myself staring at and sniffing her food. The weird thing is its the healthy food I want. She was eating a bag of raw carrots last night and just the sound of the crunching was appetizing. On the other hand I saw a picture of chilli cheese fries and it made me queasy. The taste of the broth helped, but I can't wait till I get the clearance for Jello. It's amazing how the simpliest things seem like a four star meal when you haven't eaten in a while. I just keep telling myself eating at this stage will hurt more than I already do.[/quote']

This will pass congratulations

I'm 5 days post op now and everything is going great. Ive been on a diet of tea and Water since Tuesday and i just started my Protein drinks and broth today. I've lost 11 lbs since Thursday, but I think most of that was Water weight since I gained 4 lbs of water weight in the hospital.

My problem now is the mental hunger. I didn't have the remorse feeling I was told I would but instead I can't watch tv without wanting everything I see. I'm not hungry at all which is great, but I want to eat. I feel like I'm missing out. When my friend that's staying with this first week makes food, I find myself staring at and sniffing her food. The weird thing is its the healthy food I want. She was eating a bag of raw carrots last night and just the sound of the crunching was appetizing. On the other hand I saw a picture of chilli cheese fries and it made me queasy. The taste of the broth helped, but I can't wait till I get the clearance for Jello. It's amazing how the simpliest things seem like a four star meal when you haven't eaten in a while. I just keep telling myself eating at this stage will hurt more than I already do.

Hey YoungNy first off congrats on your surgery :) And I have to admit that I believe the hardest part of all this is the mental games that play out. two weeks prior to my surgery I was suppose to only have liquids like broths,jello...etc and I went four days no problem but then day five came and I broke down and eat a sandwhich I felt awful and the only thing keeping me from attacking that pantry the next day and the day after was hanging a beautiful little sun dress I got that I sure as heck can't fit now but plan on wearing in the very near future :) but that little thing is blocking that door. I understand and I send you good vibs :)

I just had my surgery Monday may 6, and I'm feeling the same way. Not hungry just wanting to eat!!! How long did you deal with this?

I'm 5 days post op now and everything is going great. Ive been on a diet of tea and Water since Tuesday and i just started my Protein drinks and broth today. I've lost 11 lbs since Thursday' date=' but I think most of that was Water weight since I gained 4 lbs of water weight in the hospital.

My problem now is the mental hunger. I didn't have the remorse feeling I was told I would but instead I can't watch tv without wanting everything I see. I'm not hungry at all which is great, but I want to eat. I feel like I'm missing out. When my friend that's staying with this first week makes food, I find myself staring at and sniffing her food. The weird thing is its the healthy food I want. She was eating a bag of raw carrots last night and just the sound of the crunching was appetizing. On the other hand I saw a picture of chilli cheese fries and it made me queasy. The taste of the broth helped, but I can't wait till I get the clearance for Jello. It's amazing how the simpliest things seem like a four star meal when you haven't eaten in a while. I just keep telling myself eating at this stage will hurt more than I already do.[/quote']

I totally understand. It will get better. I had my surgery 3 days before Easter so imagine how I was. It was like I wanted every food I saw. Everything looked sooo good. It's crazy but it gets better.

I totally understand. It will get better. I had my surgery 3 days before Easter so imagine how I was. It was like I wanted every food I saw. Everything looked sooo good. It's crazy but it gets better.

I to had surgery may 5 I had a gbypass from sleeve an d I am on liquids for two weeks and this time im starving I feel your pain