Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

when to stop? my answer

I am getting more people telling that i have to stop losing weight. I try to take it in stride and not get upset but it is rather presumptive for them to tell me about my health. I did not have a good answer until today, for those that ask how long will i keep losing weight.

I will continue to lose weight until it stops coming off or when my body 'tells' me that something is wrong. if that is much lower than the charts say, so be it, if it is higher than i expect then so be it.

My husband told me that I can only lose 25 more lbs. Because when I have skin removal that will take care of the other 25 lbs.

I looked at him like he had 3 heads.....First I am too fat, now he is worried about how much I am losing....Like you I will continue until my body is happy where it is, and not before.....lol

I know how y'all are feeling. I am 4 months out but the weight is dropping off! I am over 75 down and 20 from goal. My husband and family says I should stop this weight loss already. They are approaching me continuously that they are concerned and I should stop it now. I am feeling healthier than I have felt in many years. I understand that the weight went quicker than I could have ever imagined. But I did not lose weight because of others. This was about me and my health. When I am approaching goal I will look into slowing or stopping and maintaining. I am just going to remind them - this is about ME!

Blessings ~ Melody (BlessedFun2)

I know how y'all are feeling. I am 4 months out but the weight is dropping off! I am over 75 down and 20 from goal. My husband and family says I should stop this weight loss already. They are approaching me continuously that they are concerned and I should stop it now. I am feeling healthier than I have felt in many years. I understand that the weight went quicker than I could have ever imagined. But I did not lose weight because of others. This was about me and my health. When I am approaching goal I will look into slowing or stopping and maintaining. I am just going to remind them - this is about ME!

Blessings ~ Melody (BlessedFun2)

Well, I'm onlu down 33 lbs and already my hubby says "you're still beautiful and you can stop now, I think it's enough..." Uhhh...doesn't work like that buddy!! Hah! I wasn't upset though, I know he's been worried about me all along cuz he wants what's best for me. Maybe that's what the people in your lives are doing??

Well, I'm onlu down 33 lbs and already my hubby says "you're still beautiful and you can stop now, I think it's enough..." Uhhh...doesn't work like that buddy!! Hah! I wasn't upset though, I know he's been worried about me all along cuz he wants what's best for me. Maybe that's what the people in your lives are doing??

I am getting more people telling that i have to stop losing weight. I try to take it in stride and not get upset but it is rather presumptive for them to tell me about my health. I did not have a good answer until today' date=' for those that ask how long will i keep losing weight. I will continue to lose weight until it stops coming off or when my body 'tells' me that something is wrong. if that is much lower than the charts say, so be it, if it is higher than i expect then so be it.[/quote']this is me all the way ..are u reading my mind ????????????????

I can't wait to hear this! Even just one person who had no idea about my path. Lol. I know it is different than what you are going through, but it seems like a dream to me.

I get this all the time I'm 5'8 177 pounds diwn 122 8 months in 8 pounds under my personal goal of 185 but I said I should just go for normal bmi I'm 12 pounds away ppl say your too skinny y'all to talk to be in a size 10 and when I see pic I'm like yeah I'm skinny but normal bmi sounds so good to me I like the thrill of losing I can't lie about that but I don't wanna alter my weight I want the sleeve to take me to my destination ..

You are the only one who knows what will be best for your body and your life. I have friends who had the sleeve or RNY. After three to five years they gained a little weight (5-15 lbs.) and they feel like this is ultimately where they belong. My doctor has set my goal at 140 after I'm sleeved in two weeks. I'm going for it!

I am getting more people telling that i have to stop losing weight. I try to take it in stride and not get upset but it is rather presumptive for them to tell me about my health. I did not have a good answer until today' date=' for those that ask how long will i keep losing weight.

I will continue to lose weight until it stops coming off or when my body 'tells' me that something is wrong. if that is much lower than the charts say, so be it, if it is higher than i expect then so be it.[/quote']

I get this all the time. I've gone from HW 304, SW 271.6 to currently 177.8 in about 5 months. Amazing journey it has been. I just working my sleeve, @ a height of about 5'9+ I about done with losing. But still letting my body decide where to stop. Go with what's comfortable for you. :-)

Does the body have a certain point where it levels off? Or do we have to adjust calories and such once we hit a certain weight?

It's funny cause I'm losing VERY slowly now. Almost 9 months out and down 110lbs. Still have 13 lbs to reach the top of my normal weight range but at this point I'm losing maybe a couple lbs a month and people are still telling me to slow down or that I lost enough. I feel like I'm barely changing but they seem to think I drop a pant size over the weekend. (I wish lol) I figure I will keep losing as long as I can and just hope to eventually get down to mid normal range. Only then would I think about actively avoiding losing more.