Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tired of women leaving me for the "cute skinny guy"

I know I shouldn't be thinking like this, but I just can't shake it tonight. I understand that as a society we're not supposed to judge people by their size, and I don't think I ever did. Many of the women I've dated were larger, and I loved them and thought they were absolutely beautiful and sexy exactly the way they were.

Unfortunately, if a woman is content with her size/shape, she's considered "empowered." If she wants her guy to quit being fat and get in shape, nobody seems to think twice. So I've had a string of 3 women, all who were over 300lbs, and all whom I loved and found extremely attractive, and they all left me for super-skinny guys. We're talking guys where you can see their ribcage. Three women in a row. And I wouldn't have even mentioned their size other than it felt slightly hypocritical that they wanted me to accept them for who they were as larger people, but could never accept me for who I was as a larger guy....

So here I am again....3 serious relationships, and they all ran off with Mr. Skinny guy....

I know if I keep this up, I'll be skinny like those guys they left me for....but still it's frustrating to be on the receiving end of that.

Once you lose lots of weight you wont want the fat woman.. Concentrate on losing weight then you will have more confidence to date the good looking in shape girls.

Remember women dont want fat guys . Not even the fat women lol.

Once you lose lots of weight you wont want the fat woman.. Concentrate on losing weight then you will have more confidence to date the good looking in shape girls. Remember women dont want fat guys . Not even the fat women lol.

This is an extremely rude assumption to make. it's people like you that make heavier people hate themselves and what they look like. Just remember that you are/were one of those fat ugly guys and if no woman wanted to date you, I think it was more a problem with you bro.

Ultimately, you will find someone who cares about you as a person. If they are superficial, they were not worth your time anyways. As you begin to feel better about yourself, you'll start to put out a better vibe and you'll attract awesome women, both fat and skinny.

I only speak the truth. Life experience. Once you lose weight you are more attractive . Of course its not the same for everyone . But whenever you see a hit woman with an ugly or older guy hes got money. Such as donald trump, Howard Stern etc. lol

I only speak the truth. Life experience. Once you lose weight you are more attractive . Of course its not the same for everyone . But whenever you see a hit woman with an ugly or older guy hes got money. Such as donald trump' date=' Howard Stern etc. lol[/quote']

Not everyone is superficial. That is a given. That you are speaks volumes about you.

Losing weight doesn't make people more attractive. If you're an ugly person, you'll stay ugly fat or skinny.

Like I will say again, simply because hot women never wanted to date you, doesn't mean that it was because you were fat that they were not attracted to you. Ever think it was because they just didn't like you

So the women couldn't have left for any other reason? Isn't it possible that it was a coincidence that the next person they dated was thin? Some people have a type and others don't but just because the next person they dated was thin, doesn't mean that is WHY they are dating them.

I dated a guy for 10 years...he was practically underweight and i was morbidly obese... we broke up ...but d reason was not size issues... i guess when you are in love size does'nt matter... And i agree maybe its just a coincidence ..dont read too much into it...newaz loosing the insulation will do wonders for your confidence...plus you wont have ''being obese as you go to reason for everything that ever goes wrong in your life "... Hang in there ... :) :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using VST

You are never going to change other people so concentrate on yourself. You don't know if they left because of the guys build or maybe it was your insecurities. Work on yourself and find a way to love yourself with no one in it. This whole thing is about you. Accept it as a girf to yourself (you are allowed to do that) and it will make you grow and be happerier about you. Love will come your way just let it happen. Don't go looking for it and don't force it. Funny, things have a way of working out in the long run.

I refused to give a childhood love a chance not too long ago because he was so skinny that it felt weird hugging him... all I could feel were bones, and it wasn't even a really tight hug. I know that it sounds so bad of me, and that is precisely why this is the first time I'm admitting this to anyone. I have even battled with myself about this, telling myself that he's such a sweetheart and it's wrong to have that being a deal breaker.... buy unfortunately it was... all this to say, skinny is NOT always what everyone wants... saying that size doesn't matter is not always honest... maybe you don't care that she's morbidly obese, or maybe you don't care that she's super underweight, but many people do... now, once your love for someone grows to be deeper than the average, you probably won't put much thought into whether or not she gains or loses, but one thing's for sure: most people will need a certain physical attraction at first to be able to allow those deeper emotions to grow. unless of course you met online or something....

I feel I'm starting to ramble here and deviate from the subject. I'm very sorry about your experiences and I hope that it was just a coincidence, being that you mentioned those 3 to be serious relationships. Anyway I'm sure they weren't the ones for you no matter your size. But don't dwell on the past, we are looking forward, so chin up, and embrace the positive things you are doing for yourself! Forward!

I can't date extremely thin men....I like my guys to feel a certain way. If they are under 200 no way. I think it's just a personal preference.

If they only left you because of your size, you are MUCH better off without them!! How stupid and superficial!!! A person should never be judged on size. I've always been a big girl and my hubby has always told me I am beautiful. He loves me for ME...not what size clothes I wear. I'm sorry you had to go through that:(

Maybe they saw their own aspirations of being thinner in the skinny guys' eyes? On some subconscious level, thinking that if they go with the skinny guy, they, too, by virtue of association will become thinner. Or maybe, worse still, they hated their weight and themselves that much, they saw 'skinny' as a 'higher prize'. Either way, none of this is about you, my love. It is ALL about them. Keep rocking on and your princess will come - fat or thin :) x

Don't let these 3 women sour you.......obviously they weren't worth your time....

Once you lose lots of weight you wont want the fat woman.. Concentrate on losing weight then you will have more confidence to date the good looking in shape girls.

Remember women dont want fat guys . Not even the fat women lol.

This kind of comment makes me so angry. Lots of fat women like fat guys and lots of hot guys/women like fat men/women. My taste in men runs the gamut, I married a Navy Seal and he was hot and VERY physically fit. I've also been in a long term relationship with a fat man and I found him very attractive as well.

Please don't place your self hate on anyone else...

OK, Call me stupid,superficial hypocritical or anything else you want to call me... I'm NOT attracted to fat men. There are many women who ARE attracted to fatter men, but I'm not. I've never dated a fat man and I have no desire to do so. I'm also not fond of blondes, red heads, or facial hair.

Furthermore, I don't expect men to overlook their preferences when choosing to date me. Many men are not attracted to fat women, and I invite them to walk on by and find a woman who suits their preferences.

What you look like does not dictate what you're attracted to. I'm fat with very pale skin. I'm crazy for thin to average/athletic Arab/Mediterranean/Desi men... and trust me, there are plenty of men who fit this description who find me attractive in return. I fail to see the hypocrisy here.

We like what we like.. I simply can't FORCE myself to be attracted to a larger man. Now why these women were dating you in the first place if they weren't attracted to you, that's a different story. They should have been honest with themselves and with you and not wasted your time when there were indeed many other women who would have found you wildly attractive.

Course now it all might be a moot point since you'll be the skinny guy before you know it.