Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just don't know

I was sleeved 8-28-13. I was home on 8-30 (Friday) back to er the next Friday for vomiting, weakness and apparent dehydration. Did a barium swallow that showed lots of swelling in lower stomach so fluids were barely getting through causing the vomiting and dehydration. Spent another two nights in hospital came home Sunday afternoon. Went hinge in clear fluids but Wednesday they said to try full fluids again. Week Saturday was back in er in tears. Couldn't drink anything, couldn't keep anything down at all. Could barely walk was so weak. Well did a ct with contrast which showed really no issues. Due to me being so dehydrated i was again admitted. Was quickly filled with iv fluids. Sunday morning they did another barium swallow which showed my esophagus was very swollen. Nothing by mouth till Monday, finally back in clear fluids, Tuesday for dinner we tried full fluids again. They stayed down so after fulls again Wednesday morning they decided i could go home. I was sent home after lunch Wednesday. Thursday they put me on stage 4 squishy foods. Was doing ok on foods. Actually was really scared to try most foods. Well ten days later i had only vomited a couple times due to eating or drinking to fast. Well in the past few days i have vomited at least once a day every day again. I can't drink Water at all, its gross, it somehow causes mental anguish to drink, i am just not thirsty at all. I had about 16 to 20oz of Fluid today, maybe a little more with my Soup and meds. I want to cry at the thought of drinking anything right now. I need to take my meds to go to bed and i don't want to. I have tried flavored, unflavored it doesn't matter i can't drink water. I can feel myself getting weak again, i have that small feeling of a headache coming on but never really getting full blown. I also do not get enough Protein. I have not felt "good" for two or three days.

Well i think that about covers everything at the moment. Maybe this should have been in the rants i don't know.

I am so sorry to hear of your dilemma but please hang on. I pray for you that these problems will subside in time but in the meantime keep your goal in your view and place one step at a time.

Girl you need to find SOMETHING you can drink. You can't go on without your fluids. Don't wait until you feel thirsty- just keep sipping whenever you can.

I feel terrible for you but we have to have our liquids. Like it or not, feel like drinking or not- you NEED them.

Thank you. I am just feeling so discouraged.i know i did this surgery for the long term and have to remind myself this is still very short term. I am just mentally done with it. I barely ever vomited pre op (honestly twice a year was a lot) now it happens daily. I keep going back to full fluids for 24 hours but as soon as i try foods they come back up. I do not like my kids seeing new like this

I would try warm liquids, like tea, etc.

Thank you. I am just feeling so discouraged.i know i did this surgery for the long term and have to remind myself this is still very short term. I am just mentally done with it. I barely ever vomited pre op (honestly twice a year was a lot) now it happens daily. I keep going back to full fluids for 24 hours but as soon as i try foods they come back up. I do not like my kids seeing new like this

If your not tolerating food I'd say go back to full liquids!

Staying hydrated is the most important thing right now.

I would try warm liquids, like tea, etc.

I do have warm Decaf tea every day. But for some reason if its in a coffee cup i can drink only half if i put it in a to go cup i can usually drink it all. Maybe i will try to sick to the tea all day tomorrow

Hoping you feel better soon. Sip Sip Sip all day. I know you dont want to, but you have to darlin! You dont want to have to go back into the hospital again! Feel better!

If your not tolerating food I'd say go back to full liquids!

Frankly I'm surprised they pushed you that fast onto mushy food...

Staying hydrated is the most important thing right now.

Laura i just want to cry. I even called the near line at surgeons office today due to some pain and Tylenol wasn't touching it and noone called me back. My Dr is in office on Mondays and if you leave a message before four nurses are supposed to call you back . I guess its just been an all around not good day

On a positive note i do not want to pity eat today

Nurses line not near line sorry

It took me approx. 3 1/2 months to drink Water again. I tried it hot, cold, room temp, plain and with crystal light, lemon, etc... Nothing worked. It always made me feel slightly nauseous. I could drink hot and iced Decaf coffee and decaf tea, chicken broth and & sugar free popsicles with no problem. I tried water each day and now can finally drink it again pretty close to how I did pre-op. That part should get better for you and hopefully it won't take as long as it did with me. Good luck with your journey!

Currently i cannot drink it unless i use a straw. Please don't judge me on that. Prior to using the straw i couldn't even drink a 16oz bottle a day. Added straw was up to 48 but going backwards again. I was not a huge beverage intake type before surgery so its just as hard as its always been. I have to spend threw hours tomorrow at the boys elementary school so i will try to get 16 oz or more of tea in before i go and bring Water then go back to whatever will go down after i get back home

Thank you for every single response. I am reading them all and taking notes. I want to drink more and bought some sugar free hot chocolate to try also. I don't need to be 100% yet i just want to have energy

I abandoned the no-straw rule a couple of weeks after my surgery. Frankly, I am really clumsy and I need a drink with a lid and a straw to keep from spilling it down my front.

broth Soups count as liquids. Can you tolerate chicken noodle Soup strained? That's what I used. I don't really cook, so I would go to a restaurant and ask for chicken noodle, or French onion Soup -- just the broth, please. They always were very nice and gave me only the broth.

Good luck to you.