Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Then why not post that?

"Hey, I saw these chips at the store and would love some crunchy texture. Has anyone tried these? What do you think? Any other suggestions?"

As far as I know:

1. You could have just finished the bag (something I used to do pre-op)
  2. Your doctor/NUT suggested these
  3. You tried them and they were great
  4. You tried them and feel horrible
  5. You got a free bag from a WLS website give-away

We have absolutely no idea why there is a post with pictures in it. We have to make assumptions and if we assume incorrectly, we get flamed.

Keep posting, reading and learning. We are all on this journey together.

I wish the best for you, but know I will continue to share my honest, straight-forward experience. If I am not your cup of tea, I gave a link above to ignore me.

People, have an intelligent conversation without cursing at one another, calling each other names or being disrespectful, please. We are getting quite tired of the attitudes and will not allow this to continue.

To the OP, if you want something crunchy, maybe try some roasted edamame. A fourth if a cup has 14 gms of Protein and they are crunchy goodness! I'm having my first bowl since the surgery (well a very tiny bowl) and they are very satisfying and filling, and good for you.

Interesting that everyone wants to loose weight, and to be healthy , maybe more beautiful. Then , as we look for non judgemental support on this forum we innocently get blindsided by the Jerry Springer show. Subjected to the inner ugly from a"few". Losing weight isn't going to fix the inside boys. Eat what you want. Everything in Moderation folks. This is a lifetime shift. You'll all do fine. Like I tell my kindergartners ... Be nice

To the OP, if you want something crunchy, maybe try some roasted edamame. A fourth if a cup has 14 gms of Protein and they are crunchy goodness! I'm having my first bowl since the surgery (well a very tiny bowl) and they are very satisfying and filling, and good for you.

Roasted edamame is my savior! Love the stuff! I am not a big fan of Protein Bars so the roasted edamame is perfect for me! I tend to travel a lot so they fill a need for my Protein requirements. They can even be a Meal Replacement when I'm desperate!

love, Love, LOVE the stuff!

Roasted edamame is my savior! Love the stuff! I am not a big fan of Protein bars so the roasted edamame is perfect for me! I tend to travel a lot so they fill a need for my Protein requirements. They can even be a Meal Replacement when I'm desperate! love' date=' Love, LOVE the stuff![/quote']

They are oddly filling. I couldn't finish my 1/4 c serving. Your idea of using them for travel is perfect for me! The Protein Bars I've tried have all been sliders. These little suckers work so much better.

To the OP' date=' if you want something crunchy, maybe try some roasted edamame. A fourth if a cup has 14 gms of Protein and they are crunchy goodness! I'm having my first bowl since the surgery (well a very tiny bowl) and they are very satisfying and filling, and good for you.[/quote']

Have you tried curried edamame? Omg a lil olive oil, a lil curry powder, black pepper, old bay seasoning, toss edamame in that and throw in the oven for about 20 mins! Yummy yum yum :-P

Have you even read my posts? Where was I being a smart mouth? And from this post you are rising above this? Sorry' date=' but as I mentioned in one of the posts, which it doesn't look like you read, if someone walked into an A.A. meeting with a light beer wondering if it was OK for them to drink it, I am not going to placate them unicorns fairy dust. Folks, we're all grown up here. If you want a smart alec response from me, it would have been along the lines of why someone would post a picture without actually asking a question leaving the door wide open for the reader to interpret their meaning. It would have have gone on complaining that someone has such little regard for everyone's time on VST that they will spend 2 seconds posting a picture and then wait for everyone else to submit well thought out, kind, loving, validating responses. Respect. And you're trying to preach to me?! Yeesh! You can't see the forest for the trees.[/quote']

hey off topic but I'm in AA and if someone did come in with a drink then wed let them drink it... you wanna know why!! Because they are there to change their lives and by scolding them isn't going to want to make them stop its going to push them away. I know for me all my life I have been the fat one or outcasted by my appearance. But I do know that I WILL NEVER change my personality or respect for others just because I will no longer be the big girl lI was before. Some let it get to their head. This group is for support old and new. Not everyone knows how to Cook healthy or choose healthy choices, handle this new found way of living. If we did we wouldn't be here... So, my point is.... In the future If I was you I would chose my words nicely and accept the fact that what you said was extremely rude. Own up to it, thats it. Don

t let your ego get in the way. No need to be so rude about situations. I don't need a long explanation from you just to let you know that there are ways to address certain situations with certain people. If you have been successful with your weight loss then congrats too you. Some of us are still learning.

"Because Nice Matters". Plaque above my front door and I repeat that to myself every time I cross through....

People there are too many assholes in ths world. Be nice, even if it's hard for you. Karma will come back, I promise.

Have you tried curried edamame? Omg a lil olive oil, a lil curry powder, black pepper, old bay seasoning, toss edamame in that and throw in the oven for about 20 mins! Yummy yum yum :-P

Umm....no I have not. But I will now! They sound so yummy! I have been buying them already roasted at Sprouts but I also have a bag of Trader Joe's that are just plain and not roasted yet. They are frozen. I have been meaning to try something with them and I am going to try your recipe today!

Thank you! :)

They are oddly filling. I couldn't finish my 1/4 c serving. Your idea of using them for travel is perfect for me! The Protein bars I've tried have all been sliders. These little suckers work so much better.

They are filling and they also fill the need for junk food crunch! Really a perfect food!

I actually just purchased these dill flavored krinkle fry things that have 12g of Protein... I haven't tried them yet but they got good reviews!

post-68972-13813670312642_thumb.jpg

post-68972-1381367031296_thumb.jpg

Go to BariatricChoice.com - they have lots of Snacks, meals, Desserts and supplements formulated for bariatric patients!

hey off topic but I'm in AA and if someone did come in with a drink then wed let them drink it... you wanna know why!! Because they are there to change their lives and by scolding them isn't going to want to make them stop its going to push them away. I know for me all my life I have been the fat one or outcasted by my appearance. But I do know that I WILL NEVER change my personality or respect for others just because I will no longer be the big girl lI was before. Some let it get to their head. This group is for support old and new. Not everyone knows how to Cook healthy or choose healthy choices, handle this new found way of living. If we did we wouldn't be here... So, my point is.... In the future If I was you I would chose my words nicely and accept the fact that what you said was extremely rude. Own up to it, thats it. Don

t let your ego get in the way. No need to be so rude about situations. I don't need a long explanation from you just to let you know that there are ways to address certain situations with certain people. If you have been successful with your weight loss then congrats too you. Some of us are still learning.

I also am in AA, and in my neck of the woods, if someone came in with a drink we would pull that person off and make sure they had everything they need to help them. We wouldn't do it with kid gloves on, either. In my original post, I asked what the OP was looking for by posting a picture of chips. Did I do it in a sunshine and lollypops way? No. I am direct. I believe working in fluff does nobody any good.

Just like alcohol, people are dying from obesity folks. I take my journey with my sleeve very seriously. I understand everybody else has their own journey, but it is difficult for me to stand by and smile if I see someone potentially sabotaging themselves one more time.

I'm sure this post, too, will be read cynically, but all I can say it that it is based in love and concern. I hope if someone here sees me sabotaging my efforts they will be strong enough to point it out directly. I'm a grown up ... I can handle it.

This might be just as bad as actually eating something I shouldn't, but I love me some tater chips! chips have been my struggle since my sleeve and I'm only a week and a half out. So, I got a bag of baked chips, took ONE out chewed it and spit it out. I made sure to spit out every little piece, but it did make me feel better. :)

This might be just as bad as actually eating something I shouldn't, but I love me some tater chips! chips have been my struggle since my sleeve and I'm only a week and a half out. So, I got a bag of baked chips, took ONE out chewed it and spit it out. I made sure to spit out every little piece, but it did make me feel better. :)

Here you go....

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/82129-chewing-food-and-spitting-it-out/page__fromsearch__1