Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters in January!

Hi December Divas -

Sounds like everybody is rockin' it. Isn't it amazing how we quickly adjust to our new way of eating? I am absolutely thrilled with my results and look forward to my fill on Thursday. I just ate 2 sausages and a string cheese. I WANT RESTRICTION!

So listen Mommas. I have a pile of clothes that I'd like to get rid of. I originally posted in the clothes swap thread, but the girl who said she wanted them has disappeared. They are primarily business clothes - size 26 and 28. I am 5'8" tall. Grey/black/khaki/navy colors, with some jackets, linen pieces, etc.

I sent a PM to siyah as she asked after the other girl, but I haven't heard back from her. If anyone wants them let me know, otherwise I'll repost on the Clothes Swap thread. Siyah, of course, has first dibs. But I thought I'd let you know they're available. If you want pictures, I can post some.

Trying to find the energy to exercise today. I'm beat. *Sigh*

Nathalie

Hi all,

My first fill was Thursday. It was done a beit different from the other ones I read. First I got a shot of Lidocaine to numb the area then the Dr inserted the needle and had me sit up (!) They gave me a glass of luke ward Water and had me drink. He did the adjustment while I was drinking. The second sip stuck so he released then I drank some more. We did this until he and I both felt comfortable with the fill 1.45cc's. I was on liquids the rest of Thursday and Friday. My pill did stick! I have had to learn to take one at a time and cut the larger one. Since I take quite a few it takes a little longer, but having that pill stuck was miserable. I went to soft foods and of course had a few problems not sure if I ate to fast or to much but have learned what PBing is and don't care to do that again. I'm down 18 lbs since the band was placed and am feeling really good. Hope you all are doing good as well.

Dee

Hey ladies, glad to see a new thread; that last one was way too overwhelming for me. I have my first fill on the 31st...least I HOPE they give me a fill. I've lost lost 27 lbs since my preop weigh in, but Nothing in the last week and I'm struggling like crazy to maintain the loss since I am SO hungry!!!! I hope I can hold on but my hubby and daughter both have birthday's this week UGH.

I am learning just how impatient I" am. I mean, I was having this great and fast weightloss and this plateau is not making me happy.

I hope the first fill gives me restriction again!!!!

Just thought I would stop by and say Hi, I have had my first fill and doing well. THe fill was nothing, nopain etc. I have some restriction but not alot. I will be having the second fill beginning of February. I have PBed twice, both times on bread so I have decided to just not eat bread...ever. THe pbing is miserable and a little painful so to me its not worth it. FOr me if im eating something that makes me feel bad or gets stuck its proabably food I shouldnt be eating. THe biggest problem I have is eating fruits and veggies, there just isnt enough room in by stomach to fit all the Protein in and veggies etc. any suggestions?

Dee--congratulations on your weight loss since your fill. I had my first one today and I'm hoping this gets me off the plateau I've been on for about a week. Mine was a little different from yours but it sounds like we have the same results.

mypov---hang in there! You'll have your fill before you know it and on you way off that stupid plateau. I have immediately starting filling restriction after my first fill--I haven't felt this since right after surgery.

itsuptome---I'm not looking forward to a PB. If bread is what made you PB I think I'll avoid that--thanks for sharing your experience. I know what you mean about not having the room for fruits and veggies. I'm anxious to see if anyone has any ideas.

BTW---apparently I have the VG band which can hold 10cc of Fluid. Today they injected 4ccs. Have any of you found out what size your band is and what amount was first injected. Just curious!

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">my band is a 4. my first fill was1.5. Ifeel some restriction. Ican eat more than Iimagined Iwould be able too. My problem is liquid. Ya'll I am diabetic and thirsty all the time. I drink a gallon and half of Water, sometimes less for Ihave found fruit punch crys lght and red diamond tea w/ spenda. I haven't had a diet coke since surgery and I don't miss it. I'm struggling to lose this weight. Is anyone else struggling. Did I make a mistake or am I not giving it enough time. Have I stretched the band? What is going on?

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Dee...sounds like your Dr. does his fills the same way mine does! Glad to know I'm not the only one sitting up w/a big needle sticking out of my belly! ;-)

Offer...glad you finally got your fill! I have the VG Band too, but I only got 1.65 in on my first fill! I feel like some days I have restriction, some days I don't!! Today, I ate only 2 chicken fingers from McDs for lunch and was full....but at dinner I was able to eat shrimp and Ahi tuna and a few bites of bread! UGH!!! Although I suppose having them while drinking martinis was NOT a smart bandster move on my part.....back to good behavior tomorrow though!! :huggie:

Glad to hear we're all starting w/the fills......would love to hear what you all feel like your "restriction" actually feels like! Does it feel like a pain? Does it feel like something sitting in your chest cavity?? Mine doesn't feel painful, but I do definitely feel it 'sitting there'......

WC--I'm at a plateau right now so that is what I am struggling with. I'm hoping the fill will help me over the hump. Are you having trouble getting all your liquids in?

Kirsten---did you have any Fluid in your band right after surgery? Mine was left unfilled and then they put in the 4ccs. Wow! Mine seems like a lot compared to yours. I am feeling really full right now with just the liquids I have been drinking. Nothing has come back up thank goodness!

WC - when did you get banded? I know I'm eating alot more then I want to be right now. The last couple of days have been bad. But I get my fill today so I'm hoping for restriction right away.

I'm anxious to get weighed today. My scale says I'm down 5 lbs since I was in 2 weeks ago but his scale will probably say 1! I'm getting close to Onderland - I would love to see it by groundhog day. :(

OFFER.....no, I did not get any Fluid in my band at the time of surgery, but my surgeon did the kind of fill w/the needle in and filling it up, having me drink while the needle was in so I felt restriction when he got to 1.65 so he left it there...although now I kind of wish I'd gotten 4 to start! :( Oh well...i'll go back in a few weeks and try again!

STEPH...wow...onederland! I can't WAIT Til I get there....but I still have a long way to go! Congrats on almost being there!!

I was watching Good Morning America on ABC this AM and actually saw a COMMERCIAL for the Lap Band!! I was amazed! I'd heard some other people talking about it, but hadn't seen it.....I have a feeling its going to be the new thing to do! LOL Glad I got mine done now before everyone else jumps on the bandwagon!

I was wondering where you guys had gone and then remembered the new thread...I feel like an idiot!! I had been here but not posted so it wasn't in my subscribed list.

I got my first fill yesterday. The PA in my doctors office does it by feel (no fluro). It was NO BIG DEAL. Hurt just a smidge when the needle went in and is a little tender this morning from her pushing around on it to find it. She hit the port on the first try but it wasn't quite centered so you could hear the needle clicking on the plastic. It felt quite strange and I could feel the band getting tighter. They made me drink Water to make sure I could. I have to be on liquids for 24 hrs, then one mushy meal and then solids.

They said most people don't get restriction on the first fill and I could come back in as little as a week if I need. All in all it was no big deal, and I was in and out quickly.

I was so worried I had gained weight since my 2 week check up but I was relieved to find out that I lost a pound since I last weighed!! I also fit into a pair of jeans at Catherines, the button and zip kind not elasticky kind. It has been so long. Before, the only clothes aat Catherines that fit were the ones I could stretch a little to make fit and now I can wear all of the 5x's. I am totally excited!!

I am going dancing on Friday Feb 2nd and really want something new to wear. I don't have any casual cute clothes, just junk or office wear. Any ideas on where I could find something?

Hi all,

Kirsten I too am glad to hear of some one else sitting with a big needle sticking out of their stomach. It was a weird experience!

The restriction for me does not feel like anything other than I'm not hungry and when I am very little fills me up.

I'm doing great now, No bread for me, seems no matter how small a bite or how much I chew it gets stuck. I'm learning to take pills one at a time no matter how small they are.

Anyone else get that "Stuck" feeling in the base of their throat. I always thought that I ate slow but I am learning to eat slower. The result is I've lost 5 pounds since Thursday! I am sure it'll slow down but I am almost down my first 20. Yeah. I promised myself a treat of red meat, either the hamburger I've been craving or a piece of steak. Something yummy.

Have a great day.

Steph---good luck with your fill. You'll be in ONEderland in no time! I'm still in TWOterville (sounds like I've been eating a lot of Beans LOL) and will be for a while.

Kristin---Have a great time dancing. Do you have a Torrid's in your city. They have some cute clothes although some are a little goth--but I've found some cute shirts and skirts there. Congrats on your continued weight loss.

WC--you haven't done the wrong thing. It's only been about a month since your surgery---just give it more time. My sister was banded about a year and 3 months ago. She told me it took a while to find that "sweet spot"--where she had just the right fill and the weight started dropping. And everyone is different in the way that they lose. Hang in there!!!

(running scared of the thoughts of a big needle sticking out of my tummy TOMORROW)

I really want my fill tomorrow but man these visuals are freaking me out!

Annie

Annie,

It's not really a BIG Needle...just a long one! ;-) Seriously...don't worry about it. It won't hurt! Its just a weird sensation, that's all!!

I'm still wondering what real restriction feels like....I sometimes get a feeling in my chest like something is sitting there...but am not sure if that means I ate too much or just enough to be full but not overfilled?? I'm really concerned that i'm going to stretch out my pouch by eating too much :-( Anyone got any reasurrances??