Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Funny Mexico Story - not weight loss related

Many years ago I lived in Australia and was madly trying to get a flight to England last minute for Christmas. This was pre-internet days - only flight I could get went via the States.

I had a few days in LA so I booked myself on a shopping day trip to TJ

So there I was in TJ in a department store buying one of my favorite perfumes. The sales girl spoke no English and to my shame I spoke no Spanish. As she wrapped my perfume she proceeded to speak a few sentences to me that seemed to end in a question with the word "Dynasty" - well I was clueless so I nodded and smiled. She turned around and walked away, then came back with this huge box containing a large dinner set !! - for some inexplicable reason, the store was giving away large dinner sets with certain perfumes. I couldn't hurt her feelings so I took it !! - can you imagine the looks on the faces of my fellow day tour travelers as I lumbered back to the coach with my perfume and dinner set !!

I actually took that dinner set with me to England the next day - my mother thought I had lost my marbles but I ended up using it for several years !!

I'm back in TJ October 5th for surgery, and no, I will not be bringing a "Dynasty" home with me !

who is your surgeon and which hospital. I think I will be there the same time.

Heck yes! I would love a free dining set with purchase of a perfume! I didn't even think about this, but I bet I can get my favorite perfume cheaper in TJ - and I'm almost out! Maybe I'll hold out until November and cross my fingers for some free dishes! lol

Dr Illan - florence Hospital (at least I think it's florence - he used to practice at Mi Doctor too I guess)

what about you ?

Dr. Fernando Garcia/Florence. I need to send her my money tho before its official :)

Dr. Fernando Garcia/Florence. I need to send her my money tho before its official :)

On the 5th october ? - I will be seeing you there then - are you coming alone ? - I have found two other sleeve buddies for the same dates so there's four of us now. Message me and keep in touch !!

I will be there on the 4th and leaving the 8th! She reserved the date but I need to send her my deposit which I will do tonight. Getting nervous and excited! Who else is going then?