Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Post-Op workout!

My first post-op workouts!!! Yesterday, I walked a half mile and 50 squats, and today me and my dad walked about two miles and I did 55 squats!!! Too much???

How far out are you?

How far out are you?

5 days...I got sleeved on Monday!

What does your doc say? Mine wants me to be walking only at this stage. IMO it is easy to overdo exercise and slow your recovery.

The walking is great - but I would not suggest squats for at least the first couple weeks. Don't wanna pop anything! Ick!

My doctor told me walking for the first 2 weeks, then swimming and light hand weights after week 2, and then at the following appointment (week 5 I think) he told me to start training for the Olympics. Haha.

Walking is good- the squats can be very dangerous so soon after surgery. My doc told me that I could do nothing except walk for the first four weeks, and no lifting anything over 10 pounds.

My doctor told me walking for the first 2 weeks, then swimming and light hand weights after week 2, and then at the following appointment (week 5 I think) he told me to start training for the Olympics. Haha.

At my five week check-up my doc told me that she wanted me to work out so hard that I was dripping in sweat and gasping for air! LOL. I hired a personal trainer, and he has been happy to oblige....

Geez, I didn't even think about popping anything with the squats! I see the doc on Wednesday, so I'll stop and ask him about it then! So glad I have this outlet and you guys to ask questions! But pre-op my doc did tell me that I could ride my (stationary) bike! It just hasn't come in yet! Lol

At my five week check-up my doc told me that she wanted me to work out so hard that I was dripping in sweat and gasping for air! LOL. I hired a personal trainer' date=' and he has been happy to oblige....[/quote']

I'm sure he is happy to oblige! I'll just stick with Billy Blanks for now...I can actually shut him up! Lol

My first post-op workouts!!! Yesterday' date=' I walked a half mile and 50 squats, and today me and my dad walked about two miles and I did 55 squats!!! Too much???[/quote']

I do agree with the others that the squats might be too early cos my doc cleared me to do strenuous exercises after a month. By the way, how are you able to do 55 squats at 5 days out and I can only do 20 at a time after 3months out? What is your starting weight?

I do agree with the others that the squats might be too early cos my doc cleared me to do strenuous exercises after a month. By the way' date=' how are you able to do 55 squats at 5 days out and I can only do 20 at a time after 3months out? What is your starting weight?[/quote']

My starting weight was 280, but I'm really dedicated ya know, not that u guys aren't! Lol, I guess my food addiction has just reversed! And I saw a squat challenge on Instagram and decided it would be good! But you guys are def right...it wasn't a good idea, I'm in no pain, but I didn't think about the incisions in my tummy!

OAN: my surgeon is AWESOME! I didnt need my pain meds yesterday and I haven't needed them this morning! But I have noticed the walking helps with the upset tummy from gas!