Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"Rant On"

I'm irked. My process is being held up by the money grab from the doctor. At least that's how I see it. I have premium health insurance, it requires no pre-certifications or approvals for any test, at all. So I guess to some it's like Card Blanche or a blank check to run test and up the office visits. I've been scheduled for every heart test imaginable and it's all through one office. I've had at least 6 different heart test and with each one, it's "everything looks okay, but let's be on the safe side and do this test too".. Oy Vey! (lol) I did the regular stress test and didn't break a sweat, or have any issues at all..now it's off to the races for an expanded Nuclear Stress test. Ugh! I have never had any issues with my heart...at all ...never! Had a complete physical in May and all was well.

I have a short window and I really need him to give the WLS the okay so I can move forward.

I know I shouldn't be so nit picky, but I'm getting irritated because it's getting closer and I want things settled already. I don't want my timeline altered at all because a doctor sees a way to make more money. Arrggggh

Okay back to your regularly scheduled program...

"Rant Off"

Thats weird...all I had to get was a stress test, echo, and a EKG done. Then she just approved because I never had any prior heart issues. They want that insurance money smh! On a side note my insurance didnt even want to approve the ECHO because they said uh your heart is fine, you never had issues, and they felt it was a waste...but yea the doctor got it approved with a peer to peer. Sorry i ramble lol

Yeah..and there it is..."peer to peer!" They'll figure out a way ...lol

My insurance company never says NO...and that is the problem!

Yeah..and there it is..."peer to peer!" They'll figure out a way ...lol My insurance company never says NO...and that is the problem!

I had a similar issue, unrelated to WLS. I called my insurance company and filed a complaint. Needless to say the doctor and his practice was taken off their network.

I had a similar issue, unrelated to WLS. I called my insurance company and filed a complaint. Needless to say the doctor and his practice was taken off their network.

Hmmmm...I need him at the moment..lol If he doesn't give me the go ahead after this next test, it is going to get ugly and fast! I have an appt with my surgeon and the last appt with my NUT on 10/2 and then I'm to be scheduled for surgery shortly thereafter. So, he has one week to get her done..or it's going to be WWIII!