Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Be honest, did your thin fantasy come true after you lost the weight?

We all know what they are right?

I'll be more confident

I won't be embarrassed in public any more (not fearing booths, airplane, seats, stairs etc)

My social life will improve

My dating life will improve

My relationships will improve

I'll look stylish and not uncomfortable in clothes (more clothing options, confident)

I'll show more of my true self and stop altering who i am so people will accept me

I will maintain a healthy lifestyle

I won't be obsessed with food

I will live in the now i.e i'll go camping when i lose weight, i'll go out dancing when i lose weight etc

.................I could go on forever. What fantasies do harbor about being slimmer. What came true and what didn't? Why?

Rate Topic star_off.png  star_off.png  star_off.png  star_off.png  star_off.png

Be honest, did your thin fantasy come true after you lost the weight?

startingoveryetagain

of course i'll be honest silly head ;)

all of my "fantasies came true"

dating improved?.................

hmmmm - DH wouldn't approve :lol:

actually............

i am still kindof obsessed with food :angry:

Obviously its in a different way

i don't think about all the "yummies, junk food et al" that i will be eating during the day

i think about what i'll be eating, watching what i eat etc - but good stuff - how/what i'll eat to continue to be successful at pushing 2 years post op and goal

I still weigh daily, works for me

Obsessed??? "maybe alittle", but i need to stay on "top of things" for me!!!

good luck

kathy

My fantasy was to wear a size 6. Last month, I was shopping at Old Navy. Took 2 pairs of white skinny jeans into the dressing room, 8's and 10's (knowing the 8's probly wouldn't fit but hopeful). I walked outa the store with a 6! I think they were mistagged - they were in clearance. It's the only 6's I can wear, but my fantasy definitely came true. They were only $8 but I probly would've paid $100 for em! They are definitely my fav pants now - just cuz they're a 6!

Dreams really do come true! And I'm still 26 lbs from goal so I have many more to come. Maybe a size 4 in my future? Unreal!

YES, YES, YES!! Everything you said above has come true and my favorite is love shopping for new clothes now!! I have hated shopping all my life because we know the kind of clothes that are on the fat racks are not stylish, trendy, or cute!! I have gone from a size 26 to a 10 (8 will zip and button but too tight to wear yet) and I am in love with shopping! The only thing that is not true is getting rid of the obsession with food as proud Grammy mentioned... I think more about food now than I use to because I am always planning ahead and researching foods and nutritional values. It is different but I wouldn't trade it for anything!! I love living my skinny fantasies and am amazed daily at the changes in my life!! :D

It has exceeded my wildest dreams... however, being thin does NOT guarantee happiness or that you will like your life. It has improved my life so much because i feel so much better and can do so much more. I wear size 8 pants and i think i might be in a 6 after plastics... quite a change from my all time high of wearing 3x. I think I once owned a pair of 32W pants... yikes.

Anyway, I think no matter what your size and weight, happiness does need to come from within.

I'm still pritty new..yesterday ws the first time I actually tried on cloths n the closet..and I ws able to fit a pair of really nice dress pants I could not even pull up to yrs ago..but I kept them out of laziness. .the jeans r liz Claiborne. .I got them up n on but to tight for comfort. .Im dwn 42lbs since sleeving 8/6.. I ws able to wear new 2x mens sweat pants...fm to yrs ago yesterday. ..awesome. .it gvs me something to keep pushin for..I can gt on a normal scale..yes yes yes..I look forward to sayin by by to the threes. .I'm at 352...now.. my highest wait ws 393

...I have gone from a size 26 to a 10 (8 will zip and button but too tight to wear yet) and I am in love with shopping!...I love living my skinny fantasies and am amazed daily at the changes in my life!! :D

Just had to say I checked out your progress pictures and your transformation is simply AWESOME! I hope I'll be posting photos and stats like that when I'm a year out. Congrats on your successes!

...It has improved my life so much because i feel so much better and can do so much more...

You are another one with AWESOME results in your profile photos, but my favorite thing about you is that you are still here...encouraging us, sharing your story and insights, and giving us welcome advice. Thanks so much!

Thank you Bea Amaya! I'm sure you will do just as well!!! :D

Thanks Bea- i am so grateful for those who came before me... I hope to pay to forward. It also keeps me focused on my health so I get alot out of hanging out here still!

You are another one with AWESOME results in your profile photos' date=' but my favorite thing about you is that you are still here...encouraging us, sharing your story and insights, and giving us welcome advice. Thanks so much![/quote']