Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reno or N. Nevada Bandsters out there???

I wish I could write this in BIG BOLD HUGE LETTERS.

But without jinxing myself.

I THINK I HIT RESTRICTION!!!!!!

If this feeling stays I will be in heaven!

My last fill was only .2 and I think made all the difference in the world NIGHT AND DAY difference. But again I am really skeptical right now; we will see what happens but I am very excited, and very hopeful..... YAHOOOOOOO

Girlygirlz; Yes I think we are about the same size; I would love to get together, what part of town do you live in???? I am praying somewhere by me....

I live in Donner Springs off Rio Poco and McCarren Reno

Can I share something????

One of the NSV for me was, (if you read my posts I am a slow loser) BUT I have more self confidence and self esteem than I ever had had in my life. You maybe can understand when I share with you that I would avoid any situation that involved seeing people that had not seen me in awhile or meeting people for the first time after we had met over the phone etc. because I could see it in their face the (OMG) this person is not who I thought she was over the phone or look how much bigger she has gotten.

I will write more later...

Well I had my first post-op visit and I am down 17 pounds from before surgery. (4 pounds since surgery and 13 on pre-op diet) I was told that my shoulder pain is probably so bad because of my hernia repair. I am sure looking forward to feeling better and getting some exercise. With the shoulder it gets worse the more I do. Which is the opposite of some advice to move around and get rid of the gas. (Idon't think trapped gas is my problem anyway) But I am excited about the weight loss! Pam I am so happy it sounds like you finally have restriction! I guess it can take some people a long time. I live in South Reno too. I am off of McCarran and Lakeside Dr. As soon as my shoulder is better we should meet to walk. We could do Mira Loma park if the weather is nice or Meadowood Mall if it is freezing. Send me a private message and we can set a date. Kim

HEAR YEA HEAR YEA!!!

I HAVE HIT RESTRICTION!

I love the fill nurse FINALLY.

I still at every meal THINK that I won't have restriction BUT I STILL HAVE IT!

I am sooooo tickled to death.

Alot of the wrong foods slide right through the band BUT if I eat the right foods (solid proteins) I have restriction.

At last..... Lets get this party going!!!!!

Yahoo.

Do you live in the Reno / Sparks area and are banded???

I would love to get together to compare notes, cup of coffee, start walking with a partner etc.

Interested?

hi, my name is Dawn, I live in Reno and I have the J&J band. May I ask where you get your fills? I was told LA & Vegas are the closest to Reno.

Thanks, my email is dwalton1@hotmail.com

Hi Dawn welcome! You can get your fills right here in Reno! We have an excellent Bariatric practice which is made up of four surgeons called Western Bariatric. They are a American Society for Bariatric Surgery Center of Execellence and my surgeon has talked about doing revisions for people who have had surgery elsewhere so I would think they will do fills too. Their phone # is 775-789-9192.

gg you still out there? if so how did you like dr. sasse for yoru surgeon, how about fills? he is my surgeon and i am surioius about his fill practice. thanks

g2s

Dr. Sasse was my surgeon also. He doesn't do the fills a nurse does. I saw him once after my surgery for the follow up and now I see a nurse.

okay so is the nurse aggressive inn her fills? the reason I ask is because there is a distance of tubing that also needs to be filled before the fill actually hits the band. i am seeing him pre op this thursday so i can ask but was just curious before hand? are you pleased with yoru results?

g2s

When I went in for my first fill we found that my port had flipped. Since the revision I have had only one fill and I had to go back two days later to have half of the fill taken out. I have been in twice since then and they have recommended that I don't get a fill because I was doing so well. It really depends on your restriction and your progress with your weight loss.

I am very happy with my results as I have lost 103 pounds since June 1st.

No the nurse Laurie is definitely not aggressive! From what I understand she will only do 1 cc at a time and then it is six weeks for another appointment! From reading others experiences it can take 3 or more fills to get restriction. (Read Pam's thread on this site - it took her almost a year to get restriction!)

That being said I am still very happy with my surgery. I have lost about 27 pounds in a little over 2 months. Most of that was during the pre-op two week diet and the first couple of weeks after surgery. I am losing about a pound a week right now and it is pretty much just from willpower since I have almost no restriction after the first fill. I get my second fill in late March. For me I think I needed the surgery mentally as much as physically. I had gained and lost weight so many times and after I got to be over 40 years old it became extremely difficult to lose any weight at all. So I think I gave up on dieting. After all my logical mind had concluded that dieting is crazy (You know that definition fo insanity that says you are insane if you keep doing the same thing over and over but expect to get different results) So the surgery gave me real hope that I could actually lose weight. I am eating better and exercising and I feel better than I have in years. I just have to not get frustrated with the slow losing. SO don't expect the weight to just fall off. You will need to work your butt off. But a lot of people on this site have had great success. So Good LUCK!;)

thank you GG, i have fought this monkey all my life (44 y/o)as you said and tried it all. i do enjoy running so i got the exercise down, and I do eat pretty well (just too much) so I agree the band is the tool i need. however as i listed in my last post, there is tubing length to be factored in and after 6 months the fills are gonna cost me $200.00. i am very satisfied with everything so far, but i can see where the fills are a golden goose. so thanks for the info, the office there appears to be pretty supportive in regard to success. g2s

Hello all Northern Nevadans ! Ballet Nevada is starting a new stretch and dance class for adults and teens - Movement for Mobility!

As per the flyer, this is a "special class for people with chronic pain, disease, diabetes, mobility, obesity/weight challenges…Increase ease of movement, flexibility, self esteem…ultimately find joy and inspiration from music, your body and the magic of dance. Wear comfortable clothes and sneakers.”

Even better, this is VERY low cost. A $5 donation per a class OR canned food items to be donated to the Food Bank of Northern Nevada .

Okay, so now the important info: when and where. It will be Thursday nights from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM at Ballet Nevada, upstairs at 2920 Mill Street (at the southwest corner of Mill and Terminal – behind QuikStop) starting next week, Thursday, February 28th, 2008. The phone number for Ballet Nevada is 329-2026, and their website is www.balletnevada.com.

They really are excited to offer this class, and they want to make it into whatever we feel would be most helpful to all of us.

Have a great day!