Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reno or N. Nevada Bandsters out there???

Oh Pam

I am so sorry to hear about that. Did they say why or how your colon was punctured? How long will it take to heal? You are in my thoughts! Keep us posted!

Gail

Thank you~ so how did today go for you?

And Red:

How did you post op go?

Also Chris:

THEY DO have wifi thru St. Mary's (freebie) you just need to find it.

Surgery and so far recovery is a breeze, even though I am not banded I have all the holes as if I had been, they DID do alot of removal of adhesions (2 hours worth)~ Dr. Kozar said he was surprized at how much (he had not ever seen so much) so "if" the banding is this easy..... OMG cake walk. I am bending over everything normally, I am even in my own clothes. Never any nausea once they gave me the versed cocktail, slight sore throat but almost not worth mentioning. The chicken broth is totally worth mentioning: Go buy some I am sure it will qualify for the liquid diet. It is Herb ox Chicken bouillon (hmm wonder what the difference between bouillon and broth) it only has 5mg of sodium YUMMMMMMY. However I also think the Jello is really yummy too so maybe that is the deprevation perception theory. I thought the jello flavor was intense.

I SAY I won't be nervous next time, it was totally okay once the versed (happy juice kicked in)

I get to go home tomarrow at 930am!

Chris:

I had a hysterectomy when I was 26 ( I am 43 next week) and they took out my omentum ( the curtain to hold in your guts~ goes from under my breasts to pelvic bones~sorry so graphic; just trying to give medical info) yadda yadda yadda. I talked with Kozar at legnth about this, and when he put in the 5th prong it poked right into the colon (I think has something to do the the adhesions). He said he could have proceeded but too risky for him, which I appreciate playing it safe, so I will come back 4-8 weeks from now for banding, BUT I know how everything will go and what to expect. I was disappointed, but appreciate his conservative additude on my health.

HE WAS IMPRESSED WITH MY LIVER! It was in great shape! Not fatty! Yea for Pam!!!!

I am mentally going through in my mind what I need to do to keep the weight off that I lost through bariatrix, I am going to try very hard. But Kozar wants me to follow a liquid diet till my post op appt on 2/28. My colon needs to heal.

So Red: This means I am avail to meet you at Golds for walking!!!! Anytime I am ready.... After your work or before your work...

Pam

I had a hysterectomy when I was 24. We have so mucn in common! I am glad that you get to go home tomorrow. When you feel up and ready to go walking let me know and we can go.

Pam, if you mean my classes that was Tuesday. I have been doing the liquid thing since Sunday. I did well until supper time. Last night I ate a small plain hamburger with salad and tonight some crockpot chicken and salad. I have lost about 5 pounds now but it sure isn't easy hanging with the liquids!

I am so glad you are going to be alright. I worry about adhesions too. I had a huge incision for gall bladder when I was about 38. They couldn't find it and had to do an exploratory. Anyway, I have in recent years had a lot of tugging and pulling pains in that area. Maybe I will find out now whether I have them or not. I also had a hysterectomy at 40.

my wife just had a bunch of adheasions removed last month. It was causing her some pain and they thought it was a cyst.

Glad to hear you are feeling good. hope yuor recovery is quick, Steph was back to normal in just a few days.

I saw Dr ganser today for my last preop appt. He said I was doing great and answered some questions for me. He is so much more aproachable than my regular doc. Makes it nice.

get tp feeling better Pam, and kick ass about thr wifi:)

Chris

Private message me if you want to have a tip on cheating; if you can't take it anymore and must cheat! If you are going to cheat, at least cheat sensibly.

I will be pissed! If I have to do that 2 week diet again! I am planning on striking a deal with Dr. K and him NOT making me do that diet again. :). Probably he won't go for it but at least we can "talk" about it.

I am doing so good, however, take the pain meds, because as soon as they start to wear off, you can feel what you don't want to feel. AND

the loritab does not make you drowsey. I am taking 10cc's every 4 hours right now, not nauseated, no headache, soreness is coming, no gas. If they offered me the surgery tomarrow I would do it!

I talked about the diet today and he told me that I was doing well enouhj that I could have some protien. I had chicken tonight and for the snowmobile trip on Sunday he said to take some protien bars from Fresh energy bakery. They are pretty awsome!!

On the ay home today, I had the worst craving for Burger King so instead of that I came home and had a salad with tuna fish and vinager and it was good.

Chris

Gail;

To answer you questions:

They weigh you every single time. They never "officially" did the weigh to verify I had lost my 10% of excess weight, and as a matter of fact, I asked Dr.K. about that and he said it was more important to do the bariatrix than to lose 10%. The 10% rule was old and did not mean anything to "him".

During my surgery he said my liver looked "great" for whatever that meant.

The preadmit appointment at score is to get an EKG, bloodwork and give them your insurance cards etc. I don't have any ins. paperwork, they just took copies of my insurance info, and they would have made me pay if I had a co pay.

They take copies of your ID and sign the "necesseary paperwork" in case of stuff etc.

cant believe how much one little chicken breast lifts my spirits!!! I feel tons better today and have not been hungry all day. I actually had to make myself stop this AM to sit down and have a shake. I hope this is what it is like after the band, cause if it is I WILL BE SUCCESFUL!!!

Pam, how you doin today

Chris

So I got released this AM, I woke up at 430am and was tired of being there.

I really did not need any pain meds at all but I have taken 1/2 the suggested dosage 1/2 the time. I am not a pill popper. The liquid stuff Loritab does not make you drowsy just takes the edge off.

I was more sore this AM than yesterday. When I finally got released we went to (my favorite) Walmart, the video store and Longs. You would never know I just got out of the hosp, unless you knew me very well, I am wearing really baggy sweats (huge suggestion). The worst part of pain is when we hit pot holes in the road driving around, even the little pot holes and cracks in the asphalt, I just moan a little bit everytime we hit one, not that bad though.

To tell you how cool my overnight was last night;

Two nurses to two patients, seriously (i am not lieing) we ordered pizza. Of course I did not eat, but the 2 nurses did and the backsurgery patient in the next room did, we all watched american idol and grey's anatomy, it was like a pizza sleep over more than a hospital, it was cozy. FANTASTIC staff!!

Dr.K.is concerned about me and made the nurse give me his cell phone, I am to call him tomarrow regardless of how things go, it is all about fever and the colon thing, I am okay as of right now.

I am going to try and post a pic of my incisions not to be cutsey but more just so you know what you will look like. I think my incisions are probably bigger than normal because he was doing alot more than "normal". I am curious if he will use the same incisions to do lapband surg. And I think I am more sore than what is expected because he was in there more and doing more stuff.

I think I already posted I was changing my mind as I was wheeled into surgery.