Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

lump sensation in my throat

I'm 6 weeks out and I still have a lump sensation in my throat. Saw my nut today and she seemed to think it was not associated with surgery. Anybody else still have the lump in the throat?

when I've had problems with stomach acid, aka heartburn or acid reflux, I could easily describe it as a lump in my throat feeling. Have they given you anything to control acid? Like a PPI?

Yup. Prilosec since the day of surgery. There is no heartburn like sensation but I do feel like I make some unexplained weird noises from the inside. Swallowing doesn't seem to be an issue.

I was having exactly the same problem. I thought it was related to thrush (that appeared about 10 days post op) but the thrush cleared up and the lump stayed. I decided to try an allergy pill and took a Zyrtec. The lump was gone by morning. I have taken it daily since and had nothing. I think I was having post nasal drip, after surgery I had a week of crazy runny noses and sneezing. Not sure if you take anything but it never hurts to give it a try. You can get generic for $.89 at Walmart. And just FYI I described my lump as having a cotton ball in my throat, I wanted to cough up something that wasn't there.

I was having exactly the same problem. I thought it was related to thrush (that appeared about 10 days post op) but the thrush cleared up and the lump stayed. I decided to try an allergy pill and took a Zyrtec. The lump was gone by morning. I have taken it daily since and had nothing. I think I was having post nasal drip' date=' after surgery I had a week of crazy runny noses and sneezing. Not sure if you take anything but it never hurts to give it a try. You can get generic for .89 at Walmart. And just FYI I described my lump as having a cotton ball in my throat, I wanted to cough up something that wasn't there.[/quote']

My sister suggested it was allergies and I was like "no, its way too prominent". Taking an allergy pill. Let's see if it helps. Lol. Thanks!

I read something somewhere that said that lump feeling is called silent heartburn!!! I need to do more reading and see what it is!!! Anyway just a suggestion!

Hi,

I'm approaching 4 months & I've had the cotton/lump throat thing ever since the very beginning! The surgeon said that it's probably nothing & that I need to stop focusing on it. Umm, it's very annoying!

I am on 2 40mg of Prilosec a day and if I try & cut my dose to half, it makes it worse! I have made an appt. with an ENT to see if he can do or find anything....I can't stand it anymore! It's like I have a constant lump or I need to swallow & it won't go down!

I had that feeling for the first 6 weeks. I was told it was because of the Hiatal Hernia repair I had during my VSG. Now it's gone.... but it does occur periodically if I've eaten too quickly or don't chew thoroughly. The only thing that helps is walking.

I had that feeling for the first 6 weeks. I was told it was because of the Hiatal Hernia repair I had during my VSG. Now it's gone.... but it does occur periodically if I've eaten too quickly or don't chew thoroughly. The only thing that helps is walking.

Mine happens fairly regularly. I also had the hiatal repair and I'm at about 8 weeks. Still in heartburn meds. I think it may be allergies. I'm sorta getting used to it.

Mine has been constant & I already take 2 40mg of Prilosec. It's as if my tonsils are really swollen or I'm trying to swallow them!? I'm going to start some Zyrtec tonight.

ElyQuint,

I had a hiatal hernia repair as well.

Mine has been constant & I already take 2 40mg of Prilosec. It's as if my tonsils are really swollen or I'm trying to swallow them!? I'm going to start some Zyrtec tonight.

ElyQuint' date='

I had a hiatal hernia repair as well.[/quote']

I have to wonder if it list some sort of scar tissue.

I have to wonder if it list some sort of scar tissue.

I was thinking the same damn thing!

Maybe. Or add tums to the mix and see if it goes away?