Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How does one feel???

After a fill?

I told my work I will be in right after my appointment, will I feel bad??

Thanks!

Baileym

June 14th

1st fill 8/6/04

My Surgeon and Nutritionist said 2 days liquid, 2 days mushy then I should be fine!

Thanks for the info, I feel a better about tomorrow!!

Funny how it differs from doc to doc!

Donali, thanks for your response, always good to hear from you!

Baileym

I've had fills where he got me with one poke- and I'm back in action right away....

But my last fill took him over an hour and I had to go home and take a nap...I was emotionally exausted (I'm not going to cry...I'm not going to cry) and physically exausted from trying to help by tightening my stomach muscles.

I err on the side of a few hours off afterwards.

And I'm one of those that's on liquids for a few days after because my stomach gets very angry. In fact, it's been angry for a couple of days so yep, back on liquids. It's my excuse to drink chocolate milk. Yum. But, did you know that one of those little bottles you get at the gas station is actually two servings? Nasty milk company.

Megan

Wow, all drs. say something different! I got my first fill on Monday. He said liquids the rest of the day, then eat normally because he wanted to know if I was going to have any problems. He gave me 1.3, but I had him pull it back to 1.0. I just didn't want to get too much and have problems right off the bat. I think I prefer the slow and easy method. I went shopping the rest of the day, following the fill. This one didn't bother me. But I know each time can be different.

I also got my first fill on Monday. Ive been VERY hungry since the band surgery... even took a few diet pills to help things out. Well, on Monday, my fill appointment was at 3pm, so around noon I had a bit of something to eat (not knowing you are NOT suppose to eat before a fill).

Anyhow, when I went for my fill I told the doc how hungry I had been and about the diet pills.... so, he gave me a 1.6cc fill. I was very concerned about this being too tight. He told me I would be fine!

Ha!

What a joke... getting Water to go down that first afternoon was an extreme accomplishment! (I think alot of it had to do with me eating beforehand) . Things are better now... just slow, small bites and chewing well.

But this is what really got me angry.... while getting my fill, I asked the doc about my diet for the next few days(liquids, soft stuff etc). He paused and said, "Its all in the paperwork". I had NO idea what he was talking about. So the nurse whispered to me, "Liquids for about a day and a half".

What an ass!

:)

Sorry for venting...

But the reason I replyed on this thread was to warn you NOT to eat before your fill!

Hello Paula

I also go to Dr.Spiegel.When was your surgery?I am trying to get in for my 2nd fill.Did you get to go to the support group at the Isle of Capre week before last?

Hope to see and meet you

Joyce

Hi Paula -

Many docs don't have a pre-fill "diet" - probably best not to eat RIGHT before your fill, but if you give enough time between your meal and your fill there shouldn't be much in your pouch anyway.

It is more likely that you felt too tight after your fill because of residual swelling than because you'd eaten before. The stomach is a sensitive, cranky organ, and most people's don't appreciate being manipulated in anyway, and reacts with a slight swelling.

Alex,

I have been thinking about you! Congratulations on your weight loss; it seems like maybe you have that stubborn ball rolling a little! I just had my 5th fill and I finally have some restriction too. I have lost more pounds recently, and last night I had my first PB. It wasn't from eating too much, but from not chewing well and eating too fast. A lesson well learned!!! I am hoping that the pounds will keep coming off. Today I am going to stick to liquids and mushies to let my stomach recuperate from the PB last night. It was nice to hear from you, and I like your new picture. I cannot make my picture small enough to insert; I did try.

Donali,

I love that you are still hanging out with us; we NEED you! I hope that all is going well for you, and congrats on maintaining your weight loss. You are a better man than I am Gunga Din!