Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

looking for shake with highest protein/lowest calories. suggestions?

Hi, I am 3 months post-op and I lost 40lbs so far. I haven't tried that many shakes yet but I am looking for a shake with the most protein/not that many calories per serving?

I LOVE The Premium shakes from Costco/Sams club. They are 30Grams Protein I believe and under 200 calories. They are SUPER delicious. They have chocolate and vanilla. I love to add cinnamon to the vanilla, tastes like rice pudding.

They are a reasonable price too!

I second above, I haven't had surgery yet but have started the Premium Protein Shakes from Sam's club and they are really delicious:)

Your body can only absorb about 30g Protein at a time. You won't want to go much higher than that or you will waste the protein.

I agree Premier Protein RTD shakes, 30 grams of Protein 160 calories and very easy to drink. I get them at bj's and costco.< /p>

I agree also with Premier...but I do use "Unjury" (only bought on-line) because of the chicken Soup flavor, 20 grams (powered) but add milk (8grams) to it for cream of chicken soup and later on I can add real chicken & veggies....about 100 calories with water..and its really good...they also have unflavored....

About Time All Natural Mocha Mint is really good (they have other flavors too, like Birthday Cake, chocolate, & Cinnamon Swirl but Mocha Mint is my favorite). Make with 8 oz. Hood Calorie Countdown nonfat milk and you get:

30 g Protein

135 calories

5 g carbs

55% of your RDA of Calcium.< /p>

if you are not having issues, you should be OK with any shake over about 20 g for 8 oz. (you should be drinking as much liquid as you can, so as long as the calories are reasonable you should be ok - but really, truly, truly, be good to yuor body in this process. it cannot do it on protien alone!

Your body can only absorb about 30g Protein at a time. You won't want to go much higher than that or you will waste the Protein.< /div>

So you're saying if I take the whey protein that's 60g a serving will not be beneficial?

Hi' date=' I am 3 months post-op and I lost 40lbs so far. I haven't tried that many shakes yet but I am looking for a shake with the most protein/not that many calories per serving?[/quote']

Syntax nectar is a good one ...I get wild cherry and mix it with cherry lime aid sugar free kool aid it tastes like a cherry slushie and its about 120 calories 0 carbs!!! ;)

So you're saying if I take the whey Protein that's 60g a serving will not be beneficial?

Yes, the rest will go to waste. I sent an email to a nutritionist about what is a time frame. Is it every 4hr your body can use 30gr, or a shorter time period.

Syntrax Nectar has some good flavors. My favorite right now (Pre sleeve) is Cappuccino. They also have an unflavored that, in my opinion, is more "unflavored" than Unjury. But Unjury chicken Soup flavored is awesome.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches