Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

100 mile challenge

I'm at 35.94. I'm cutting it close, but I plan to pick it up the next few days. This is a great little group/goal/challenge!

I gotta be honest. I didn't walk or ride yesterday. I had so much going on and was exhausted by the end of the day. BUT...I plan on making it up today. Have a great day everyone!

lsu, keep up the good work. You can make it up today. I've got to kick it into high gear, as I will be watching my Tide tame Johnny Football on Saturday (I'm assuming from you name you're a Bengal Tiger fan).

Yesterday was a wash, eye Dr apt which was a last minute addition cuz they had a cancellation, and work schedule interfered with my exercise plans. Got to gym this morning and did 30 mins on the weight machines and 35 mins on the elliptical which was only 1.5 miles. So my total is 32.1 miles. On the up side had my 6 month post-op check up with my surgeon and he was very happy with my progress. I am down 73lbs total which is slightly over 50% of my total excess weight and he said 60% is what they expect for the sleeve. I can't imagine myself losing 100% of my excess weight and reaching 185 lbs, I would be one, tall, skinny lady! But, it doesn't seem so pie-in-the-sky as it used to be. At least now I have a fighting chance!

pre-surgery weight 325; surgery date 2/28/2013; surgery weight 307; 8 weeks past-op weight 281.4; 12 weeks post-op 274; 4 month post-op 266.2; 5 month post-op 262.6; 6 month post-op 253.2

As of 9/10/13 I'm up to 33 miles. Able to run for 35 minutes straight. Hoping to get up to 42 minutes by the end of the month.

I have NOT been keeping up on this THREAD however I have been keeping track of my miles. BTB I gave up on that MapMyRun deal....just using an online calc. to figure it out.

Anyway, I'm at 34.7 miles currently. I feel like I'm a bit behind, but maybe not. Need to check in here more. :)

7 miles today gives me a total of 60 after 12 days. I did start 2 days early I believe.

Ran in my new running shoes today. These are even more minimal than the vibrams. These are Zem Gear Terra Ninjas. And yes, that is a size 14 shoe rolled up in my hand. These are not for tenderfeet.

post-17584-13813669769808_thumb.jpg

post-17584-13813669770655_thumb.jpg

7 miles today gives me a total of 60 after 12 days. I did start 2 days early I believe.

Ran in my new running shoes today. These are even more minimal than the vibrams. These are Zem Gear Terra Ninjas. And yes' date=' that is a size 14 shoe rolled up in my hand. These are not for tenderfeet.

[/quote']

Size 14???

Dang butter! I can use some new flippers for scuba diving... Can I borrow em? :P

Size 14???

Dang butter! I can use some new flippers for scuba diving... Can I borrow em? :P

No but I might kick you in the buttocks with them.

I used to wear 15's before I lost the weight. The Zem Gear guy gave me these shoes for free because he saw me running in my five finger shoes. They were selling their stuff at the race Saturday. He saw me and asked me if I was interested in trying something other than the vibrams. I said yes but he didn't have my size so he told me he'd ship me a pair for free if I'd pen a little review of them. Heck yeah! I'm fairly stoked about getting free running shoes.

Heres the action shot...

post-17584-13813669772367_thumb.jpg

No but I might kick you in the buttocks with them.

Hehehehe.....

Free shoes! What are you some kinda super athlete now? just getting stuff for free?

Hehehehe.....

Free shoes! What are you some kinda super athlete now? just getting stuff for free?

I dunno. What constitutes a "super athlete?"

Um... Endorsement deals??

Well, the Zem Gear people are trying to cut into Vibrams business (who pretty much own the market). I may have been the only person out there that day wearing vibrams, so,he really wanted me to try some on. He tried to talk me into trying on an 11. Uh....no thanks. So he offered to send me some if I did a write up on them. Now, if he wants to send me to Hawaii all expense paid....then I'll consider it.