Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

100 mile challenge

MG2 I aspire to make thru an hour spin class! How do you calculate the miles?

pre-surgery weight 325; surgery date 2/28/2013; surgery weight 307; 8 weeks past-op weight 281.4; 12 weeks post-op 274; 4 month post-op 266.2; 5 month post-op 262.6; 6 month post-op 253.2

Oh it's on the digital display on the bike. It gives us RPM (which is our speed), WATTS (which is our effort) Kcals (burned supposedly but it doesn't ask us for height/weight/age etc. so the Kcals are often lower than what we actually burn) and then of course the distance represented in miles.

The one thing that our bikes are "equipped" to tell us is our heart rate but if you don't have a wireless monitor then it won't actually give those results.

The bikes in my gym don't have a digital display. Bummer. I was thinking I would give myself 5 miles for the spin class if it's OK w/ Butterthebean and every one.

pre-surgery weight 325; surgery date 2/28/2013; surgery weight 307; 8 weeks past-op weight 281.4; 12 weeks post-op 274; 4 month post-op 266.2; 5 month post-op 262.6; 6 month post-op 253.2

The bikes in my gym don't have a digital display. Bummer. I was thinking I would give myself 5 miles for the spin class if it's OK w/ Butterthebean and every one.

Good with me. Keep it up!

Still at 38.7 today... I've not logged any miles but I've been busting my butt in my sons room ALL DAY! I'm redoing the whole room and the new stuff gets delivered tomorrow..

So does that count for anything??? :P

Still at 38.7 today... I've not logged any miles but I've been busting my butt in my sons room ALL DAY! I'm redoing the whole room and the new stuff gets delivered tomorrow..

So does that count for anything??? :P

I would say it counts for something...lol...just not sure how you would log it.

Well, I didn't ride this morning as planned...I was upset with myself.

I walked 2.67 miles today and just finished riding the recumbent bike 3.78 miles. That puts me at 33.5 miles towards the 100 miles.

Keep it up everyone! Great job!

Well' date=' I didn't ride this morning as planned...I was upset with myself.

I walked 2.67 miles today and just finished riding the recumbent bike 3.78 miles. That puts me at 33.5 miles towards the 100 miles.

Keep it up everyone! Great job![/quote']

Great job!

I would say it counts for something...lol...just not sure how you would log it.

I think the only thing it counts for is a busted back :P

+7 miles today (11,200 m) with running and rowing combo for 83 total.

Workout today:

Warmup

1600 m run

3 rounds of 20 pull-ups, push-ups and sit-ups

Mobility and stretching

For time:

2000 m run

2000 m row

20 box jump (24 inch)

20 thrusters @ 125 lb

20 burpee pull ups

20 power cleans @ 175 lb

20 hand stand push-ups

20 kettle bell swings @ 70 lb

20 toes to bar

20 dead lifts @ 175 lb

20 jerks @ 175 lb

2000 m row

2000 m run

Cool down:

1600 m run

Finished in 38.5 minutes.

This is easily one of the most challenging cross fit workouts I have done thus far. Burpee pull-ups and hand stand push-ups were new, and surprise, I actually could do them. It was weird. just a couple days ago i was lamenting over how weak i was at strict pullups. I think burpee pull-ups are easier than strict pull-ups because the back muscles activate more explosively. I also learned some key points about efficiency on some of these other movements by watching YouTube videos late last night. For example, kipping the handstand push-ups to drive momentum with the hips, using a hook grip and not looking up at the bar for faster burpee pull-ups and resting at the top of a box jump instead of the bottom in order to " bounce " through a set of box jumps. Less energy is wasted. My wife gave me some efficiency tips on rowing faster by really driving the power through the legs. It made a huge difference and allowed me to do 2000 m fast without killing my upper body.

This is my 3 rd crossfit day in a row and am wondering if I should take tomorrow off or go all the way through Friday and take Saturday and Sunday off as active rest days. Starting to get the old man aching body feeling when I get up ( dissipates by mid morning after some bouts of stretching, fish oil, etc. also noting rib cage is starting to ache around the parameter due to inflammation, even though I am taking a tbsp of fish oil every morning. Just trying to figure out how to play the cross fit workout schedule as this is my first week of open gym (unlimited access). I feel i could do a workout tomorrow and friday, but do know the importance of rest. darn it, love pushing myself too much to take a day off. What would you do?

Sounds good to me. Use your best judgment.

I ran 5.7 tonight for a total of 67.5 after 13 days. Tomorrow will have to be a day off from running due to work and other commitments. Honestly, I'm due for a rest.

Keep it up everyone. Especially you LV....moving furniture does not count unless you moved it down the street.

Sounds good to me. Use your best judgment.

I ran 5.7 tonight for a total of 67.5 after 13 days. Tomorrow will have to be a day off from running due to work and other commitments. Honestly' date=' I'm due for a rest.

Keep it up everyone. Especially you LV....moving furniture does not count unless you moved it down the street.[/quote']

Lol!

+7 miles today (11' date='200 m) with running and rowing combo for 83 total.

Workout today:

Warmup

1600 m run

Mobility and stretching

For time:

2000 m run

2000 m row

20 box jump (24 inch)

20 thrusters @ 125 lb

20 burpee pull ups

20 power cleans @ 175 lb

20 hand stand push-ups

20 toes to bar

20 dead lifts @ 175 lb

20 jerks @ 175 lb

2000 m row

2000 m run

Cool down:

1600 m run

This is easily one of the most challenging cross fit workouts I have done thus far. Burpee pull-ups and hand stand push-ups were new, and surprise, I actually could do them. It was weird. just a couple days ago i was lamenting over how weak i was at strict pullups. I think burpee pull-ups are easier than strict pull-ups because the back muscles activate more explosively. I also learned some key points about efficiency on some of these other movements by watching YouTube videos late last night. For example, kipping the handstand push-ups to drive momentum with the hips, using a hook grip and not looking up at the bar for faster burpee pull-ups and resting at the top of a box jump instead of the bottom in order to " bounce " through a set of box jumps. Less energy is wasted. My wife gave me some efficiency tips on rowing faster by really driving the power through the legs. It made a huge difference and allowed me to do 2000 m fast without killing my upper body.

This is my 3 rd crossfit day in a row and am wondering if I should take tomorrow off or go all the way through Friday and take Saturday and Sunday off as active rest days. Starting to get the old man aching body feeling when I get up ( dissipates by mid morning after some bouts of stretching, fish oil, etc. also noting rib cage is starting to ache around the parameter due to inflammation, even though I am taking a tbsp of fish oil every morning. Just trying to figure out how to play the cross fit workout schedule as this is my first week of open gym (unlimited access). I feel i could do a workout tomorrow and friday, but do know the importance of rest. darn it, love pushing myself too much to take a day off. What would you do?[/quote']

f**k me!

All right that's it!!!

I GIVE UP!!

:P

+7 miles today (11' date='200 m) with running and rowing combo for 83 total.

Workout today:

Warmup

1600 m run

Mobility and stretching

For time:

2000 m run

2000 m row

20 box jump (24 inch)

20 thrusters @ 125 lb

20 burpee pull ups

20 power cleans @ 175 lb

20 hand stand push-ups

20 toes to bar

20 dead lifts @ 175 lb

20 jerks @ 175 lb

2000 m row

2000 m run

Cool down:

1600 m run

This is my 3 rd crossfit day in a row and am wondering if I should take tomorrow off or go all the way through Friday and take Saturday and Sunday off as active rest days. Starting to get the old man aching body feeling when I get up ( dissipates by mid morning after some bouts of stretching, fish oil, etc. also noting rib cage is starting to ache around the parameter due to inflammation, even though I am taking a tbsp of fish oil every morning. Just trying to figure out how to play the cross fit workout schedule as this is my first week of open gym (unlimited access). I feel i could do a workout tomorrow and friday, but do know the importance of rest. darn it, love pushing myself too much to take a day off. What would you do?[/quote']

Perhaps we need a "crossfit challenge" thread. Great workout fiddle. You're the man that's for sure. Proud of you for achieving such awesome levels of fitness. As far as the day off....I prefer active rest days. You know....yoga, long walks, lots of stretching, maybe some light cycling. Gives the body a rest especially from any high impact activities, but still gets some blood circulating to aid in the regeneration process.

It was so hot in NJ today!! I was only able to do my stationary bike. I did 4.11 miles for a grand total of 28.86 miles.