Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm alone: I hate this.

I am probably totally alone in this but from the bottom of my heart I HATE this surgery, I would take every single one of the 55lbs I have lost back and more for the ability to undo this. Since the moment I woke up from surgery just over 8 weeks ago my life has been pure hell. I can't help but be jealous of all the people who can say this is the best choice they've ever made, for me it's ruined my life.

I just want my life back, I want to be able to take care of my family, I want to not need medication just to get through my day.

Sorry for the putty party but I'm sick of this hell I live in now, I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason but I really can't figure out why this has happened to me.

Sorry to hear that. What exactly are you hating?

I am probably totally alone in this but from the bottom of my heart I HATE this surgery' date=' I would take every single one of the 55lbs I have lost back and more for the ability to undo this. Since the moment I woke up from surgery just over 8 weeks ago my life has been pure hell. I can't help but be jealous of all the people who can say this is the best choice they've ever made, for me it's ruined my life.

I just want my life back, I want to be able to take care of my family, I want to not need medication just to get through my day.

Sorry for the putty party but I'm sick of this hell I live in now, I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason but I really can't figure out why this has happened to me.[/quote']

Sorry you are having such a negative experience. Are you having complications or what?? You don't really say why you are so miserable.

Reading this really just brought tears to my eyes! I am so sorry that you are going through! I believe in the power of prayer! And just know I am getting ready to pray for you and for whatever it may be that you are going through!

My heart breaks for you. Are you having complications? What's wrong?

I had a leak which is, we pray, is closed, since they decided it was closed I've been going through the hell of trying to wean off of the MASS amount of pain meds I was on and to top it off I have thrush so bad this week I've eaten 4 times since Monday.

Even when I feel "ok" I can't eat more than 2 bites, less than an ounce, and I am so full I am in horrible pain because my stomach shrunk even more due to not being able to eat because of the leak. I can't eat so I have no energy, my body is in constant pain. And just for fun my hair is falling out in handfuls if you touch it.

Times,

I know having a leak was hard on you. It certainly made recovering from a major surgery about a 1000 times harder and longer.

The only thing I can say is that I've been here long enough to see several people go through leaks and other horrible complications.

And it does get better.

It may take awhile but you will get past this and lead a more normal life!

Not the old normal, none of us can have that back, but you do get used to the new normal.

And the eventual health benefits will make it worth it.

Hang in there,

Laura

*hugs* Hang in there. It's gonna get better.

Hang in there.

It will be worth it.

It's frustrating to have this happen. It's been a long journey for you with this leak and all the pain meds. Now to get off will take a little bit of time. Hopefully the road to a full recovery is right at your doorstep. It will get better soon..... :)

I was going to say what Laura said....there have been those before you with leaks and other complications. The great majority of the time, they recover and go on to have a successful healthy post op life. It's difficult I'm sure, but you'll make it. And even though it doesn't feel like it right now, after you've made a full recovery you'll realize that the sleeve has extended your life and raised your quality of life in the long run.

Times 3,

Go ahead, get it out. Frustration will do that. It's not what I expected, it hurts, why me, I don't want to do this anymore........ Life doesn't always work out like we plan. When you've been around as long as I have you go thru all those experiences and emotions many many times. And you will have many many more to come. However, it's not as hopeless as it seems right now. Come to terms with where you are and what lies ahead and let go of the past. You can't and won't get it back. Once you realize that, you can put more effort into striving for a more positive and hopeful outlook. It can and most likely will get better. But it starts and ends with you right now. I know you can't see months down the road or even want to think it will take months. The leak and the healing and the meds doing their job,won't happen immediately. Give it time. Get on board and help yourself heal and you will make it those months and reach your goal. Think about why you started this. You gonna be there looking back on this and realize you beat those obstacles.

What lies ahead is finding out how strong you can be. So don't give up now. You have alot of life to live yet, and you're gonna need that strength to live it. Good Luck.

I am so sorry to hear that you are having so many problems,i did not have any leaks,but I can say it was very hard the first month,i did not think I was gone to make it,but by the grace of God I got through it,and it did get better,hang in there and I am praying that GOD continue to give you strength,and one day you will look back and see it was all worth it :)

I'm sending up a prayer for yr healing, prayer for no pain, prayer for peace and comfort. ..rest my sister yr not alone

Times 3, if you can't eat that alone will leave you feeling miserable AND slow your recovery. Most people can get more liquids in than solids, so at least supplement yourself with some good quality liquid Meal Replacements. You need to focus on being well hydrated and well nourished for the time being. The sleeve will be there waiting for you to test it out with other foods at a later date. Sleeves do stretch a bit over time, there's plenty written on this forum about that, so don't worry that it's shrunk for now.

There are 2 big tasks to complete when you have VSG:

1. Recover from surgery

2. Learn to eat well with your sleeve (nutritionally sound, for weight loss and for enjoyment)

Because of your complications you are still in 1 but thinking about 2. Understandable, but not helping you right now.

You will move forward - everyone does - just be kind to your body. Good luck with it all.